Packers to sign Za'darius Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers clearly feel like these are up and coming guys that can continue to grow.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Should of signed Houston for 10
Yep. Should have done the exact opposite of what they did so that I can ***** about it. Had they of signed Houston, you would have said they should have signed Smith.

You wanted the Packers to focus on defense in free agency to be more offensive focused in the draft. This sets up nicely to what you originally wanted and now it’s not good enough lol.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A 26 year old makes way more sense than a 30 year old for this team. And Houston won't come in at 10... lol.

Why is it that the most ignorant posters are always the most opinionated?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
My husband and I were watching the Saints Baltimore game. We rewinded the Smith hit on Brees probably 10 times. Kid is fast and pressures from the inside and outside. Last season he had 10 TFL. Love this move! Holding my breath on the contract, but it can’t be more than Trey Flowers and should be more than Kwon Alexander.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speculating on the number 16, seems like a lot to me, but he wasn't coming for 10 so it is what it is. and without a breakdown of what the numbers mean and how they're structured it doesn't really mean much.

I take comfort in knowing we have someone on staff that has more than outside knowledge on him and he's young, shown constant growth, and they invested in him. With anything, if he turns out to be what they were expecting, it's worth it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yep. Should have done the exact opposite of what they did so that I can ***** about it. Had they of signed Houston, you would have said they should have signed Smith.

You wanted the Packers to focus on defense in free agency to be more offensive focused in the draft. This sets up nicely to what you originally wanted and now it’s not good enough lol.

I am happy about going defense but these weren't the guys I wanted. I would of preferred Collins/Houston but it is what it is. Hope they work out.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am happy about going defense but these weren't the guys I wanted. I would of preferred Collins/Houston but it is what it is. Hope they work out.
You would have preferred to pay Collins a 6 year 88 million dollar contract than what is more likely than not a 5 year 55 million to Amos?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
because we didn't sign him, and they can ***** about it?

No. I've posted all along I wanted Collins over Amos. I believe Collins is a GAME CHANGER and Amos is a good player but not elie. I like Collins versatility around the box. He would of saved us also being tempted from drafting a LB early in draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great signing. Z was going to be the best bargain in FA according to one talking head last week. Although $16M seems steep, if it's over 4 yrs, that may look inexpensive after 2 or 3 years. It only makes sense to go after a young ascending player than an old declining player with potential health issues.

Seems like we would have had the inside scoop as well. Probably a very sound move by Gute.

Dont think this will or should affect our draft strategy. We still need another OLB.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I like Collins versatility around the box. He would of saved us also being tempted from drafting a LB early in draft.

True, but the Packers would have had to add a free safety which is a much tougher position to fill in the draft than adding a decent box safety.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. I've posted all along I wanted Collins over Amos. I believe Collins is a GAME CHANGER and Amos is a good player but not elie. I like Collins versatility around the box. He would of saved us also being tempted from drafting a LB early in draft.

We need coverage help far more than we need a 14/year box safety.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We need coverage help far more than we need a 14/year box safety.

I disagree. We need to build the front seven. Building this thing on the back end and outside has been a total disaster. They have been trying to do what Collins can do by drafting Jones and Burks so that tells you just how important it is to have someone that can secure the middle.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree. We need to build the front seven. Building this thing on the back end and outside has been a total disaster. They have been trying to do what Collins can do by drafting Jones and Burks so that tells you just how important it is to have someone that can secure the middle.

First of all it's more important having a decent free safety. In addition there's absolutely no reason to pay $14 million for a box safety.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First of all it's more important having a decent free safety. In addition there's absolutely no reason to pay $14 million for a box safety.

Not if he is a GAME CHANGER that create turnovers both through the air and forcing fumbles while being a good tackler. Not for a guy that can blitz, play nickel LB, or match up man to man with TE's and RB's.

The Seahawks miss Kam Chancellor every single day. Once again the Giants fan base was devastated they lost him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Not if he is a GAME CHANGER that create turnovers both through the air and forcing fumbles while being a good tackler. Not for a guy that can blitz, play nickel LB, or match up man to man with TE's and RB's.

The Seahawks miss Kam Chancellor every single day. Once again the Giants fan base was devastated they lost him.

Collins was partly responsible for one turnover last season, forcing a fumble. Earl Thomas was the reason the Seahawks defense performed at an elite level, Chancellor struggled without him.

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, and why was Cam able to play the way he did? Because Earl Thomas was there. The free safety is a very underestimated position. I love the Amos move. He will help our D a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts