Packers to sign Za'darius Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
16M would be about 3M more than what I was expecting earlier in the offseason, but then again almost all of the deals have outstripped my expectations.

When box safeties and off ball linebackers are getting about this much, an edge rusher will of course do the same.

I will be interested to see what kind of deal Shaq Barrett gets, as I have viewed him as a potential value relative to the other guys on the market.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
First of all it's more important having a decent free safety. In addition there's absolutely no reason to pay $14 million for a box safety.

He just moves the goal post so he can continue to **** and moan. It's not enough that they signed a safety-- it has to be his pet safety. It's not enough that people like some offensive draft prospects-- they have to be his preference (WR). It's not enough that people like some wide receivers-- it has to be his WR of choice.

He will always find a reason to flail around and issue all kinds of incoherent bull crap.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With all this money being spent, I wonder if both Perry and Graham will be out the door. Maybe post June 1st cuts?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My husband and I were watching the Saints Baltimore game. We rewinded the Smith hit on Brees probably 10 times. Kid is fast and pressures from the inside and outside. Last season he had 10 TFL. Love this move! Holding my breath on the contract, but it can’t be more than Trey Flowers and should be more than Kwon Alexander.

Glad to see I'm not the only gal posting here. :)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Collins was partly responsible for one turnover last season, forcing a fumble. Earl Thomas was the reason the Seahawks defense performed at an elite level, Chancellor struggled without him.

hey we just paid 16-17 mill per to guy who has never even been to a pro bowl.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all this money being spent, I wonder if both Perry and Graham will be out the door. Maybe post June 1st cuts?

Graham's contract isn't friendly to cut, he isn't going anywhere IMO. Perry already has been notified he is leaving...if I'm Tramon and Crosby this spending makes me nervous.

Also this sadly makes me feel Breeland will be unreachable now fiscally....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Graham's contract isn't friendly to cut, he isn't going anywhere IMO. Perry already has been notified he is leaving...if I'm Tramon and Crosby this spending makes me nervous.

Also this sadly makes me feel Breeland will be unreachable now fiscally....

Graham's deal is a lot friendlier to cut than Perry's was.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! What a beautiful morning! I know a lot of you are crying about money but we got legitimately better. 2 of the best “Do it all” Edge rushers in free agency and a stud Safety!! Gute!!!!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! What a beautiful morning! I know a lot of you are crying about money but we got legitimately better. 2 of the best “Do it all” Edge rushers in free agency and a stud Safety!! Gute!!!!!

We honestly picked up 3 no - doubt starters...I foresee 4 as I sense Turner will be starting as well, if not right away will at some point.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe his APY will be 16.

LaCa is a hack. I'd bet maybe one year is 16, or the guaranteed is 16, similar to Preston Smith.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of dough. They must really think he can be special.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We honestly picked up 3 no - doubt starters...I foresee 4 as I sense Turner will be starting as well, if not right away will at some point.
I don’t know to much about Turner but Clark, Daniels, and both Smith boys gives us an insane pass rush.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of dough. They must really think he can be special.

The management tried getting him in a trade year prior...they loved him...which sadly is why I feel we paid a lot to someone that wasn't even a full time starter, but upgrade for sure!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
These front loaded deals will make it easier to navigate Rodgers’ increasing cap hits as it gets deeper into his deal.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These front loaded deals will make it easier to navigate Rodgers’ increasing cap hits as it gets deeper into his deal.

The key to me is how many guys do the Packers need to resign this coming off-season or next? Obviously Clark and Martinez are coming up but outside of them who are the guys we need to extend soon?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The key to me is how many guys do the Packers need to resign this coming off-season or next? Obviously Clark and Martinez are coming up but outside of them who are the guys we need to extend soon?
I am guessing the Packers will excercise Clark's 5th year option, so they won't have to worry about him until after the 2020 season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that could **** him off though. don't know that i'd want them to do that. they need to find a way if he has another good year.

You exercise the 5th year option and after this season you work on an extension.

It's not complicated or a risk of pissing him off