Packers,Steelers...

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering if maybe the Packers could make a deal with the Steelers.They need a rb and we need help on the D. What do you guys think any chance?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, because I don't think either team has what the other wants. Which defensive player would they be willing to give up for someone like Davenport or Fisher?

Personally I don't think the Steelers would be getting much more in return than they already have.

Parker will do fine.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey sounds good. Anyone on here who knows me half way decent, knows I dont like Green. I wouldnt mind if we traded Green for some D....Would be nice but I highly doubt it would happen.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Hey sounds good. Anyone on here who knows me half way decent, knows I dont like Green. I wouldnt mind if we traded Green for some D....Would be nice but I highly doubt it would happen.

Without Green, who would your starting RB be?? Davenport can't stay healthy in a backup role, so it's unlikely he could handle the beating of being the starter. Fisher is a solid 3rd down back, but hasn't shown he can be a threat as the main guy. Williams had a chance to prove himself last year when Green and Davenport went down, but he got injured early in the game.

So how would you fill the void of losing Green??

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walt Williams could be a valuable player w/ the Packers, although he'd have no trade potential.

All 3 rbs are tradable, although I imagine their values are a lot close than many would think.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not mind seeing the Packers trade Davenport for good value as we will probably lose him to free agency next year anyway.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is some logic to trading one of them because there's a good chance the Packers will lose both, if not all 3 rbs next year (I believe fischer only signed a 1 yr. deal), and then get NOTHING in return.

Granted, I'm not really offering solutions because I'm not too fond of losing any of those guys during the season...so I suppose I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Members online

Latest posts