Packers sign OL Ulrick John, put LS Brett Goode on IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The team signed John from Arizona's practice squad as well as LS Taybor Pepper to replace Goode on the roster.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
When did Goode get hurt? He played all game yesterday.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

When did Goode get hurt? He played all game yesterday.

According to McCarthy he suffered a hamstring injury early during yesterday's game but gutted it out. Richard Rodgers would have been the emergency long snapper in case Goode couldn't continue.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
According to McCarthy he suffered a hamstring injury early during yesterday's game but gutted it out. Richard Rodgers would have been the emergency long snapper in case Goode couldn't continue.
How does a LS get a hamstring injury like that to end his season?

The strength and conditioning coaches need to be replaced.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or maybe the entire squad should run 3 times around Lambeau before a game to get those muscles warmed up, a good way to get stoked and warmed up anyway since WINTER IS COMING:D Like seriously, all these non contact injuries always seem so avoidable to me

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe none of you watched the Vikings/Bucs game but Tampa lost an insane amount of players to injury throughout the game. We aren't the only ones.

With that, I'll say farewell to Brett Goode. While he's on and there is a chance he returns, he just won't be the priority. His season is done and likely his career with GB, since one way or another this team will keep sifting through long snappers until they can find one that sticks. Goode has been a rock at his position for quite a while. Thanks for your service Brett and good luck.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How does a LS get a hamstring injury like that to end his season?

The strength and conditioning coaches need to be replaced.

I kind of doubt that it was severe enough that he couldn't have come back eventually. But you aren't going to use two roster spots on long snappers while you wait for one to get healthy.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I think Goode will be back next year if he wants to be, he has already torn his acl once and came back. Long snapper is more a position of skill and less about athleticism so I think being a veteran works better for them. I wonder who our next OT will be after this next one goes out with a hammy.