Packers retaining punter Jacob Schum

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not a long contract as he still has to prove consistency. I still hope that they bring Mortell back to see if he's improved enough to make the roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not a long contract as he still has to prove consistency. I still hope that they bring Mortell back to see if he's improved enough to make the roster.

Always good to bring in competition.

I will fully admit to being wrong on Schum when they signed him. Seemed like a total head scratcher move at the time. While he wasn't Pro Bowl caliber, he was a major improvement over Masthay when it came to consistency and the ability to actually do more than just kick for "gross average".

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully it's not a long contract as he still has to prove consistency.

The Packers most likely offered Schum a one year, $615,000 deal for next season. As an exclusive rights free agent he can either agree to accept it or leave the league as he's not allowed to negotiate with another team.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brilliant signing. If you have a guy who only punts the ball 38 yards... then the opposing offense will only have to drive 60 yards to score on this defense..vs 80. Therefore minimizing time consuming drives by the opponent.. and allowing our offense to get more drives in a game. #staywoke

Members online

Latest posts