1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers resign Walden

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bensalama21, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I personally think this is a good move. We can always have him compete with the other Packers and rookies in camp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I don't like it. Walden is pretty bad. I just hope that we get rid of Zombo. The man cannot stop getting injured. Ugh there is nobody on that right side with any longevity. They are all below average talents. None of them are going to provide any improvement in our defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He's horrible. meh

4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    What linebacker besides Matthews, Bishop, and maybe Hawk isn't horrible? haha

5. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Hawk sucks too.

6. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33

I thought DJ Smith and Francois both looked fairly capable in their starts last season.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I thought this was a political move! lol the difference between resign and re-sign!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I believe so too. But What rookie that we draft in the first round will NOT start over Smith or Francois? and if people are calling Hawk "Horrible" (Which I don't agree) then what do you call 2 backups to him?

9. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I didn't say Hawk was "horrible" I said he sucks. ;)

10. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    If the report that Walden signed for near the league minimum with little or no guaranteed money is true there's no harm in bringing him back. And just like releasing Clifton, I don't think this means anything regarding the draft as neither Clifton nor Walden were going to be relied upon (for entirely different reasons of course). In one of the stories on Walden's contract it was reported that the rosters have been expanded to 90 but all unsigned draftees will count toward that limit. That means if the Packers pick 12 draftees, there'll be 14 spots available for UDFAs.

• Informative Informative x 1