Packers resign TE Troy Humphrey

Reaction score
As PackerLegend posted:

Packers re-signed exclusive rights free agent TE Tory Humphrey.

A former NFL Europe player, Humphrey is a favorite of the scouts in Green Bay. He'll compete for more playing time next season.

I'm wondering if he'll ever get an opportunity to showcase his stuff....

If he's survived this long with the Packers without really doing anything of note, he must have something really positive.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he is supposed to be a good ST's player as well but I remember one game where he kepted getting suckered into the middle instead of holding his lane and the returner popped out around where he was supposed to be for a bunch of yards.

It happended like four times. I finally said "who is that guy" and it was Humphrey. They have to think fairly highly of him or they wouldn't have restricted him.

I posted a thread several weeks ago asking who you think might step up and produce from within the ranks.

I said Underwood at Safety and Beech at RB.

Maybe this guy will do something for us.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the Packers keep 3 TE's he'll make it over Donald Lee. I see Bubba Franks, Draft Pick, and Humphrey on the roster. Of course this depends on injuries. If the Packers keep 1 FB they could and likely would keep an extra TE.

I think Humphrey can be a decent red zone target. A guy that subs in on goal line packages but nothing more. He's not the solution to our problems at TE.

:twocents:

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm intrigued about Zach Alcorn, I think he can become a legitimate starter, he possesses speed and athleticism, however I don't know anything about his hands, does anyone know anything about this?

Attracted scouts with outstanding athleticism for the tight end position
Possesses top-end speed (4.6) and 34-inch vertical leap
Played two years at Chadron State (Neb.) College before finishing his career at Black Hills State (S.D.)
An NAIA All-America honoree and two-time first-team All-Dakota Athletic Conference selection
Played 20 games for the Yellow Jackets, finishing with 85 receptions for 1,220 yards (14.4 avg.) and 12 TDs

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read he was an all-state performer on his high school basketball team, that has to make for good hands, Antonio Gates was a basketball player and he has some of the best hands in the league because he catches the ball with his hands and not his body.

Members online

Latest posts