Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad 2, he was just shy of the all time tackles record for the packers

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Barnett is out

Either he's getting traded or being cut.

AdamSchefter: ESPN's @adbrandt reports the Packers have told Nick Barnett they will try to trade him; if unable to do so, he will be released

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Desmond Bishop was playing way too well alst year. Barnett is not going to be a loss. It is sad to see a guy like that go, but Ted always makes the right call. If TT thought Nick needed to go....then he needed to go.

Reaction score
I like Barnett. He was a good packer. We had to do what we had to do. My favorite moment of his was when he was asked if he wanted to hit brett favre when he was on the vikings. He went Hell Yeah I'd like to hit him. All those years i couldn't because he had the red jersey on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the minute Bishop got that pay raise, was the minute we should have known Nick was gone

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was absolutely no way he stayed, a shame we couldn't get a draft pick for him. Honestly after the crap he pulled SB week I am glad he is gone.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he has been the odd man out since Desmond Bishop signed his extension. He made some big plays for us but was also a distraction at times. This seems to be one of those business moves and i wish him luck wherever he goes ( hopefully out of the NFC )

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
There was absolutely no way he stayed, a shame we couldn't get a draft pick for him. Honestly after the crap he pulled SB week I am glad he is gone.

He's lucky we won the Super Bowl....he certainly would have been blamed in the media for creating a distraction. Sad to see him leave, but we really don't need him anymore. With Bishop we have a solid starter.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett being off the field last year helped put into perspective that his "leadership" of the D could be a double-edged sword.

This is more of an emotional loss for fans than it is a loss for the team. Believe me, this D will not skip a beat with Barnett gone. I wish him luck in the future, and health and happiness along the way.

Reaction score
Not at all surprised by this. Packers defense was much better with Bishop & Hawk playing together. I remember reading an article that stated that all miscommunications on defense stopped once Hawk was making defensive calls instead of Barnett. This is not a big deal to me at all. I wish him good luck where ever he ends up. Unless it in the division!

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all surprised by this. Packers defense was much better with Bishop & Hawk playing together. I remember reading an article that stated that all miscommunications on defense stopped once Hawk was making defensive calls instead of Barnett. This is not a big deal to me at all. I wish him good luck where ever he ends up. Unless it in the division!

if Ruud doesn't resign with Tampa, that would be a good fit for Barnett, not including the young movement behind Tampa.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I'm still bitter towards Nick Barnett for buying an extremely beautiful and historic landmark in Green Bay (the West Pitcher Show) turning it into a horrible night club and running it into the ground. Lots people around town were very sour on him after that, and rightfully so.

GnG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desmond Bishop was playing way too well alst year. Barnett is not going to be a loss. It is sad to see a guy like that go, but Ted always makes the right call. If TT thought Nick needed to go....then he needed to go.
I agree!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see Nick go out on a high note, with thanks and appreciation. He'll be welcomed back with open arms and cheers as alumni, DTR.

Staff online

Members online