Packers release Barnett

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand some of the negative points about Barnett, as well as the money saved from his trade or release. However, I do think that someday he'll be enshrined in the Packers Hall of Fame.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Very sad to see Barnett go... but it is the best option for the team... we are stacked at LB and Nick has had the injury bug... Great career tho... gonna be a great addition to another squad!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Desmond Bishop > Nick Barnett at this time. . After his ACL tear, Barnett was never the same. Pretty obvious that Bishop is an upgrade at the position now.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Barnett always seemed like a good dude (aside from his SBXLV Twitter bit) and I wish him well.

The Detroit Lions would be a good spot for him to land. They have one good player in the back 7 (Delmas) and Barnett would be an immediate upgrade.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a business at the end of the day. Save $4 mil. You gotta do what you gotta do. That being said wish him luck, he's a decent LB for ton of teams.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been preparing myself to be emotionally done w/ barnett for a few months now...the guy has been consistent...but not much more then that...Desmond showed flashes of his ability last year when Nick went down in 2009...only a matter of time for Bishop to take the job

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew this day was coming and I've been dreading it! I love Barnett and I'm sad to see him go. I'll miss his tweets, I won't unfollow him because he's no longer a Packer either! Good luck wherever you land up, NB, they will be lucky to have you!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I still want an apology from him for ruining the West Pitcher Show in Green Bay when he bought it and turned it into Club 5-6, thus destroying a Green Bay landmark.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett brought alot of heart and soul to GB. He was an emotional leader on the team for 8 years, he cared about the Packers team and organization very much. He was not self centered. Not sure how people can say they are going to ditch his jersey or good riddance he is gone. There was a time when media talked about leaders of the Packers, Nick was always mentioned in the same line. I am upset to see him go and I will always consider him a Packer.

I for one, will not take down or get rid of my Barnett signed jersey that he personally sent me last year. I wish him good luck wherever he ends up!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
All of this because he ruined a night club, in a place you wish he hadn't build it?

Isn't that very, very petty? I mean, it has nothing to do with if he's a good guy, or a good player...

It's almost as if you didn't like Barnett because he likes oranges.

Do I dislike him because he bought a historic and important landmark in the city that I grew up in and turned it into a horrible nightclub and ran it into the ground? Yes. Am I saying he's a bad guy? No. I don't know him personally, and neither do you. Comparing it to not liking him because he likes oranges is a ridiculous comparison.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not favres steakhouse isn't the reason I dislike him. Even though it's caused food poisoning and has terrible service. Somehow I don't link this with Brett Favre.

I'm guessing Barnett was used for his money in the deal, not day to day opperations or decision making. But hey who knows.

Should I be pissed at fuzzy for cheating the govt out of money? Or just try to leave it about the packers as much as possible when judging former players?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Believe it or not favres steakhouse isn't the reason I dislike him. Even though it's caused food poisoning and has terrible service. Somehow I don't link this with Brett Favre.

I'm guessing Barnett was used for his money in the deal, not day to day opperations or decision making. But hey who knows.

Should I be pissed at fuzzy for cheating the govt out of money? Or just try to leave it about the packers as much as possible when judging former players?

You raise good points. Personally I had no sentimental or emotional attachment to the land that Brett Favre's Steakhouse was built on. Although the food is horrible and overpriced I harbor no resentment towards Brett Favre for the steakhouse. Club 5-6 destroyed a place that my parents took me too when I was a kid. I can't speak for anyone else.....to me it was a let down and a big disappointment.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You raise good points. Personally I had no sentimental or emotional attachment to the land that Brett Favre's Steakhouse was built on. Although the food is horrible and overpriced I harbor no resentment towards Brett Favre for the steakhouse. Club 5-6 destroyed a place that my parents took me too when I was a kid. I can't speak for anyone else.....to me it was a let down and a big disappointment.

If he signs with the Bears of Vikings I will be screaming for his head too lol

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If he signs with the Bears of Vikings I will be screaming for his head too lol

I think we can all agree on how horrible Butt Favre's Steak House is. If I wanted chicken that tasted like it was electrocuted I would eat there. I had the mozerella stix once and thought I was going to die. I had to call in sick to work the next day.

Members online

Latest posts