Packers Practice Report & Power Rankings

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Gbaja-Biamila says he'll play; Woodson 'questionable'

If he had to make a designation, coach Mike McCarthy said he would list cornerback Charles Woodson and end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila as questionable for Thursday's game against Dallas. Woodson (toe) and Gbaja-Biamila (ankle) both were listed as limited participation on the week's first injury report, even though Woodson wasn't at the portion of practice that was open to reporters and KGB only went through a rehab workout on the side. McCarthy said Woodson, who wasn't in the locker room this afternoon, completed the jog-through portion of practice, is improving and will be one of several game-time decisions. Gbaja-Biamila said he expects to play.

Meanwhile, tight end Bubba Franks suffered a setback with his knee injury and almost certainly won't play. Of the 11 players on the Packers injury report, only defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (shoulder) is listed as out and only Franks did not participate in any part of practice today. Receiver Ruvell Martin (ankle), safety Aaron Rouse (knee), tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle) and linebacker Tracy White (ankle) were listed as limited. Cornerback Will Blackmon (foot), safety Nick Collins (knee) and running back Ryan Grant (rib) were full participants. McCarthy said Tauscher is better this week than last, which means he'll probably play. He also said Blackmon, sidelined since early October, looks ready to play.

:pop: :pop:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers: Tuesday Practice Report

come on C-Wood biggest game of the year so far for the Pack you got to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers: Tuesday Practice Report

Bubba a setback?
Thats not good. I was hoping for some double TE sets.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers: Tuesday Practice Report

Good news about Blackmon, KGB sounds more optimistic than the med staff, and that sux about Bubba. I think we'll do ok without Woodson this game-not great just ok- but as long as Al does how he do and shuts out TO our secondary'll be ok.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers: Tuesday Practice Report

something seems fishy about the woodson injury in a bill belichek kinda way.

Nick Barnett said something like "he looked limited, but i dont wanna give too much away" and then Al Harris said "he looked like wood" like he was ok then changed his tune like he needed to make it sound worse and said... "you know well see how it goes"

i think he will play

very good to see Nick Collins and Blackmon in full participation. were gonna need every corner and secondary player we can have.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE & NFL POWER RANKINGS: BIG GAME

All great news. Too bad Jolly will be sidelined but I hope Woodson can make it come Thursday.

I agree. No surprise with Bubba...ready next week. Injuries wise, we were lucky after the Lions game, full of carnage. Scout believes both will play: Gut-check time for banged-up Packers. Look for Gbaja-Biamila, Woodson to play against Cowboys

BRIEF SUMMARY OF POWER RANKINGS 12:

NFL Power Rankings: Packers & Cowboys NFC Title Game Preview.

2. Sportsline: They can clinch their division this week with a victory against the Cowboys. This has truly been a special season. So the Packers stay ahead of the Cowboys. I'm not saying they will win Thursday…but on an even field I would take Green Bay. This week, it's the NFC's Regular Season Super Bowl. The winner will likely have home-field advantage in the playoffs and probably the inside track to the real

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10498179

2. Covers: Brett Favre set a Green Bay record by completing 20 straight passes against the Lions. I'd say that's a good warm-up for Thursday's test against Dallas' defense.

http://www.covers.com/sports/power-ranking/nfl-power-ranking.aspx

3. ESPN: [Excluding] Scouts Inc.'s Green ranks the Packers at No. 2, ahead of the Cowboys at No. 3: "Green Bay is the more complete football team right now. The only question I had with Green Bay was could they run the ball? Once they proved they could do that, I was sold….Green Bay can do a lot of things the Patriots do," he said. "Spread out the Dallas D and force [safeties] Hamlin and Williams into coverage. That is a plus for any offense that can do that to Dallas because neither one of those guys can cover anyone."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=13

3. Sporting News: Of all the statistics you'll read about this week, Brett Favre's 0-8 record at Texas Stadium is one of the most irrelevant ones.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=310855

3. USA Today: Three-time MVP. Super Bowl champion. But Brett Favre has never been 10-1. Can he go 11-1?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2007-power-rankings.htm

3. Fox Sports: Brett Favre did it again. In front of a national audience on Thanksgiving, the 38-year-old three-time MVP went 31-41 for 381 yards and tossed three touchdowns in the Packers' 37-26 win over Detroit. Favre was fabulous. So was running back Ryan Grant. The former Giants practice-squad member carried the ball 15 times for 101 yards and a touchdown. With the win, Green Bay matched its best 11-game record since 1929. They take on the Cowboys Thursday night in a battle that could end up deciding the NFC's top seed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7494518

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3. ESPN: [Excluding] Scouts Inc.'s Green ranks the Packers at No. 2, ahead of the Cowboys at No. 3: "Green Bay is the more complete football team right now. The only question I had with Green Bay was could they run the ball? Once they proved they could do that, I was sold….Green Bay can do a lot of things the Patriots do," he said. "Spread out the Dallas D and force [safeties] Hamlin and Williams into coverage. That is a plus for any offense that can do that to Dallas because neither one of those guys can cover anyone."

Did the Packers just get compared favorably to the Patriots???

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have visited the cowgirls forum or not but TOPHAT
was kind enough to give them this report and they are *****ing about Greenbay giving excuses about injuries if they loose.

I may have blocked it out of my mind but does anyone remember Greenbay ever giving excuses for losses other than they didn't play
or execute well ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man Woodson needs to play. If he doesn't it's going to be a tough game for the Pack's defense. I'm not saying they can't do it but losing Charles Woodson would hurt any team.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the pack could beat the pats......the cowboys already proved they cant even do it at home

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am kind of more worried about our safety play. I mean they have T.O. that Harris can cover, Witten will have a good day no matter what, Crayton is not all that. But when Rouse went out during the Lions game, it seems to me that we folded fast deep in the middle of the field.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
CBS Sportsline is the only website/analyst/person outside of Packer fan/Packers forums that chose the Packers.

Kinda surprising, man I can't wait for Thursday night!

Isn't that how it's been all year?
"The Packers are a good team but the [Giants, Chargers, Cowboys, etc] are just a bit better."

I hate to quote Rodney Dangerfield, but NO RESPECT!

When we beat these fools at home (31-24 is my guess) there won't be an analyst out there who isn't falling all over themselves going on about how great the Packers are and how they've thought that all year...

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has been bothered by that toe all year. I think he will play.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins will play.

He has said something along the lines of "Witten is gonna be factor" or something to that effect. So hey, at least the defense knows what all of us know. :shrug:

Latest posts