Packers place Ty Montgomery on injured reserve

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fragile AF, they obviously will move on from him if he can't stay healthy in his contract year next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In addition the team signed WR Michael Clark to the active roster.

I'm really anxious to see what Clark can do. Granted it will be with Hundley, but with MC's height and ability to go up and snag balls, he will be fun to watch (if he gets some playing time).

I assume Clark has already passed Janis on the depth chart. :rolleyes:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever thought this guy would last all season was smoking all that funny stuff the players have been caught smoking lately.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really anxious to see what Clark can do. Granted it will be with Hundley, but with MC's height and ability to go up and snag balls, he will be fun to watch (if he gets some playing time).

I assume Clark has already passed Janis on the depth chart. :rolleyes:
I don't think Janis is on the depth chart lol.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember saying before the season started that Montgomery would never last as a full time rb because he’s injury prone. Has always been injury prone since he got drafted. He won’t be the starting rb next season I guarantee it. He might not even be the 2 nd back...however it will be his last season in GB tho.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember saying before the season started that Montgomery would never last as a full time rb because he’s injury prone. Has always been injury prone since he got drafted. He won’t be the starting rb next season I guarantee it. He might not even be the 2 nd back...however it will be his last season in GB tho.

Is 2017 the last year on his contract?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Montgomery is a definite keeper. He wouldn't be the first impact player who had a injury plagued rookie contract. His skill is undeniable.

Williams and Jones are going to have the main rb job. The 88 rb experiment should end. He could be lined up at rb for passing plays, as a hybrid who goes out for passes as much as he runs. Send him deep sometimes.....but leave the hard running for the true rbs.
With Jordy getting up in years. Cobb being overpaid for production...
If Montgomery accepts a mid range contract, he can be a great keeper.

Montgomery reminded me of James Jones since he was drafted. Jones wouldn't accept a mid range contract, and his career suffered imo. There's something to be said of being in GB with #12......

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense to Montgomery, but I like our young running backs. I'm cool with keeping Montgomery as a hybrid, though.

Members online

Latest posts