Packers place Nick Perry on IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He better agrees to a restructuring of his contract. So we can immediately cut him afterwards lol

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this means Matthews unfortunately stays on the team again because Packers failed to fix the olb issue Hey may take a 1 year deal next year

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this means Matthews unfortunately stays on the team again because Packers failed to fix the olb issue Hey may take a 1 year deal next year
My guess perry is back next year, due to hit on cap, clay is likely gone. but who knows.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would really be unfortunate if that’s how it plays out. The 3 million saved by cutting him next year looks better than paying him to be on ir again!!! Hopefully both are gone. Thanks again Ted.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That would really be unfortunate if that’s how it plays out. The 3 million saved by cutting him next year looks better than paying him to be on ir again!!! Hopefully both are gone. Thanks again Ted.
What is the actual cost, not cap hit, if he were on or not on the team next season. At least save the 4th day roster bonus. What else?

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another classic move by TT. Draft a DE and change him to an OLB. I like Perry. Injuries derailed his career. Perry will be back next year his contract has the Packers hands tied.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy made a lot of bad moves recently. Those include the entire 2015 draft, everyone but Cobb in the 2011 draft, Brad Jones 3 yr 12 mil extension, overpaying for the old liar Martellus Bennett, not finding a backup QB after Flynn left both times, and not giving Woodson a pay cut which he was ok with. But giving Perry the Fairy that extension takes the cake by a mile. His best year was his contract year, the first time he recorded more than 4 sacks as a first round outside linebacker :cry::cry::cry:... You then pay him 12 mil per year? This is the type of move senile GM's make. It's going to be awful financially to cut his out of shape tookus, but nothing would please me more to get him off the roster. I'll drive the SOB back to his home to Detroit if that makes the process easier, get him off this roster the first minute you can.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another classic move by TT. Draft a DE and change him to an OLB. I like Perry. Injuries derailed his career. Perry will be back next year his contract has the Packers hands tied.
$11Mil in dead cap $, but save $3.6Mil by cutting him. Grab an OLB with one of the 1st rounders and get him onto the field. We know what Perry gives us and it doesn't help.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$11Mil in dead cap $, but save $3.6Mil by cutting him. Grab an OLB with one of the 1st rounders and get him onto the field. We know what Perry gives us and it doesn't help.
Honestly, he is never going to come close to earning his pay. It might honestly be a good idea to take the cap hit and move on. The guy is unfortunately a mega bust

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Who is this Nick Perry guy I keep hearing about? Does he play for the Packers? I don't recall seeing him on the field this year. :cautious:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin King isn't too far behind either. He's a sneeze away from going into the IR

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts