Packers not opening up vs. Giants

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if we played you guys in the opener since it's an away game for us. I expect for the NFL to try to keep us out of the Dome for that first game as someone is going to be in for an *** beating. I inagine it's going to be close to the intensity of when we re-opened the Dome in 06 and gave Atlanta a beat down.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if we played you guys in the opener since it's an away game for us. I expect for the NFL to try to keep us out of the Dome for that first game as someone is going to be in for an *** beating. I inagine it's going to be close to the intensity of when we re-opened the Dome in 06 and gave Atlanta a beat down.
It would surprise me.
Two years in a row?
Really?

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, like I said -- I don't think we will open at home. I don't think we will play a divisional opponent (since the preference is to play later in the season), so that gives a 25% chance to play you guys. Add to that, I don't think the league will pit us against you guys later because as bad as our reputation is about playing outside in the cold I think the ironic truth is we are better suited for it than you guys.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad we don't open the season. I hate hearing too much talk on ESPN about the Pack unless they won the Super Bowl.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.not to distract from the thread..but there is an increasing amount of gay signature photos in this place. lol

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
personally I'm slightly disappointed as it would have been nice to see them play Wednesday night ( :rolleyes: ) to open the season, but slightly relieved at the same time. I am not looking forward to hearing about the Cowfails and the Smallmen of New Jersey leading up to the game though.

Hope the Packers open against 9er's on Sunday night or Titans on Sunday afternoon

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It would surprise me.
Two years in a row?
Really?

You can open up with the same opponent two years in a row. For example, the Colts opened the last two seasons at Houston for a quiet divisional pounding.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It would surprise me.
Two years in a row?
Really?

You can open up with the same opponent two years in a row. For example, the Colts opened the last two seasons at Houston for a quiet divisional pounding.

Members online

Latest posts