Packers Lions Studs and Duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we could go back and forth forever on this … accomplishing nothing. Suffice it to say that I am hopeful that you are correct… that Runyan will become a good player.
I don't really know about him. It looked like he played ok last year in the time he was in. Like you, I hope he will be good too.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Aaron look tired and worn down? He looks old, and just withdrawn. Maybe the hair style, or loss of weight? He just didnt have any energy in that press confrence. Do you feel he is just going to coast through the year and whatever happens, is how he will end his career as a Packers?
How dare you ask that question to these superfan know-it-alls? LOL

D

Deleted member 6794

The problem with separation stats is a guy can have no separation on a 5 yard curl and the 4.2 yards the next and be wide open 30 yards down the field.

Again, the lions were the worst pass defense in the NFL last year and were down their top 2 DBs. AR is a HOF QB with the best WR in the NFL and one of the best TEs and receiving RBs. It's okay to have high expectations.

I understand separation stats aren't perfect by any means but it seems MVS wasn't wide open on any of the long passes Rodgers overthrew to him. Take a look at Tyler Lockett as a comparison for someone who is.

It's definitely OK to have high expectations for the Packers offense but I don't see a lot of reasons to complain after scoring 35 points, even against a bad defense like the Lions.

BUT that is operating under the impression Runyon and/or the team felt Runyon was as good then as he is now. Growth can occur in the offseason, sometimes quite a bit. None of know for sure in such a retrospective discussion.

I was OK with the coaching staff entering the NFCCG with Turner starting at left tackle and Wagner on the right side. They should have adjusted to it not working at some point in the game though.

Does Aaron look tired and worn down? He looks old, and just withdrawn. Maybe the hair style, or loss of weight? He just didnt have any energy in that press confrence. Do you feel he is just going to coast through the year and whatever happens, is how he will end his career as a Packers?

Wow, now Rodgers is criticized for not having enough energy at a press conference :rolleyes:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of Rodgers not thinking MVS is that fast, nor do I think it's that MVS doesn't think Rodgers can throw it that far. To assume they don't work on those long balls in practice and that they don't know each other's games would be a little misguided, IMO.

Rodgers himself in the presser said that he flat missed him on all three. Took full ownership. I think Rodgers played an extraordinary game, but he's got to be able to connect on more of those long balls.

This suggests a lack of recent snaps and chemistry, Rodgers missed mini-camp participated in a light training camp and didnt play in the PS. IMO Rodgers is a rhythm quarterback, he should get locked in within the next couple of games.

Members online

Latest posts