Packers Lions Studs and Duds

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Duds: All of the raging morons who insinuated that Rodgers was sabotaging the team, didn't care about winning anymore, had mailed it in, doesn't have the fire burning anymore, wants to do his own thing, hates his teammates, rebels against his head coach, doesn't give a **** about the fans anymore, beats on elderly women, and steals candy from little kids.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the rest ...

Studs
Aaron Jones
Robert Tonyan
DeVondre Campbell
The rain helping out the defense

Duds

OL still committing penalties
Kevin King
Joe Barry getting shredded until it started raining

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: All of the raging morons who insinuated that Rodgers was sabotaging the team, didn't care about winning anymore, had mailed it in, doesn't have the fire burning anymore, wants to do his own thing, hates his teammates, rebels against his head coach, doesn't give a **** about the fans anymore, beats on elderly women, and steals candy from little kids.
You forgot isn't a "true professional" because his hair is too long.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs:There were probably other guys, but my Stud is A Jones, Rodgers is a stud but over threw my 40+ pts dream
Duds:The D could do a lot better, Kevin King for sure a real DuD,DC Barry needs a big improvement in his schemes

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Oline got their act together.
Play calling was decently smart on offense
Special teams was great

Duds - Kevin king...my guy is finally in the right place, at the right time, and this man just jumps right over him.
Whatever is causing Rodgers to overthrow MVS.
Defensive line was having trouble getting decent pressure

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense played better in the second half, but it still concerns me going forward. The lack of pressure is especially worrying. Gary and Preston Smith need to step up while Z. Smith is out.

Bojorquez was a stud. I’m still confused about how we landed him, but it’s looking good so far. Major upgrade over Scott.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Aaron Jones
Rashan Gary
Campbell
Rodgers

Impressive performance-
Kylin Hill and the special teams?
Josh Meyers
Eric Stokes

Duds-
Kevin King
Joe Barry- can we dial up some blitz packages please?
MVS? Lazard? You guys good out there?…ya dead Sanka?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
Rushing Gary - In 2 games he has done nothing. No sacks Same for Preston Smith.
O Line in getting stoned in run blocking.
Kevin King- What does it take to get Cut?
Studs
Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams

It's time to start panicing about this defense. No pass rush at all. Every qb will put up career numbers if this continues.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Aaron Jones - He was all over the place tonight, and the it factor in the W.
Myers - Much better and gaining confidence, seems to be catching on to blocking schemes well
Devante Adams - seems to have been back to his normal self, made a few superb catches.
Eric Stokes - not full on stud mini variant, showed great man on man in the second half - but he got lost on the end zone fade in the first half

Duds - Kevin King - at what point do you make the switch to Stokes? King is always peeking in the backfield.
Entire Defensive Line - no push and repeatedly gashed on the run and crickets for rush. Gary is developing but 94 and 95 do nothing out there.

All in all, it was a W and that is a good sign...but I suspect Detroit to be the worst team in the NFL. Barry needs to send more creative pressure when the down and distance calls for it. If the defense doesn't improve, its back to having to outscore everyone while watching the Dline stuck in the mud.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:There were probably other guys, but my Stud is A Jones, Rodgers is a stud but over threw my 40+ pts dream
Duds:The D could do a lot better, Kevin King for sure a real DuD,DC Barry needs a big improvement in his schemes
Not having Z in there hurt our D and pass rush especially. Barry did make an adjustment taking Gary and Preston out on early downs so they'd be fresher on 3rd. Stokes is a revelation over King.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: both Aarons, Tonyan, Adams
Honorable mention: Jaire, Stokes, Campbell, Hill, Cobb,
I think King is going to try to be more in the middle range and he will do better there. And I think Stokes is going to be pressing and will do well with that as he has the speed.

I still think Barry's formations look weird and he does not use the inside linebackers well. I was seeing a lot of 5 linemen and I would prefer 4 and let Barnes or Campbell do some blitzing as opposed to a D lineman fading back into coverage. I consider Preston and Gary linemen because they are actually pass rushers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds
Rushing Gary - In 2 games he has done nothing. No sacks Same for Preston Smith.
O Line in getting stoned in run blocking.
Kevin King- What does it take to get Cut?
Studs
Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams

It's time to start panicing about this defense. No pass rush at all. Every qb will put up career numbers if this continues.
Aaron Jones no stud? Wow

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones had a big night. Rodgers missed a couple TD's but overall pretty efficient with the ball. He and MVS will be working on that long ball. If he can drop a frickin dime to Adams, he can drop some to MVS. I loved the post game questions and the first one out of her mouth, "are you an I told you so guy" and you could see the look on his face like *** kind of question is that? and his answer was classic I thought, i forget his actual words but to me the message was clear. "look for all of you that don't understand the game, it's early, we're not as good as we're going to get, and this a win, not the super bowl so what good would an I told you so do?"

anyway, Adams made some good grabs and Tonyan. Catching that TD right off the defenders earhole was awesome.

Defensively, I missed the first 10 minutes or so. Basically tuned in in time to see A Jones get his first TD. My buddy was ripping on King thru texts so maybe he sucked to start? but I didn't really see suck after that. Yeah, he got leap frogged, but generally his run support isn't the issue outside of his shoulders holding up. and on that near TD he played it about as perfectly as you can and on the one, did knock out what would have been a sensational catch near the goal line. he deservedly was the whipping boy last week, if he deserved it from last night, I missed it.

Saw some good things from Campbell and our rookie Stokes. I thought Gary had a decent game, he's pretty active and he did have a sack last night. I think the biggest problem is the Dline working as a complete unit consistently. If one guys is making a good push and nobody else is, easy for a QB to escape. There were times when they looked like a unit working together in both pressures and stopping the run. I thought the DL as a whole was on the weaker side, but are showing improvement.

Overall, there was improvement, still have a long ways to go though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Prior to hitting the "post reply" button, this thread is sitting at 1 page. It's incredible how little traffic there is on the forum after a big bounce back win, as opposed to a loss. It just shows that many come here just to *****.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prior to hitting the "post reply" button, this thread is sitting at 1 page. It's incredible how little traffic there is on the forum after a big bounce back win, as opposed to a loss. It just shows that many come here just to *****.
I was going to comment on how many unhappy "packer fans" there would be on here today LOL

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the forking Lions for crying out loud. If he loses that, all the teams he dreams of being traded to might start asking questions. Let's see what he does against a real team Sunday night.

Members online

Latest posts