Packers in contract talks with Charles Woodson

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Report: Packers, Woodson discussing new contract | ProFootballTalk.com

I know he won the defensive player of the year award but he has a high paying contract already. He certainly deserves the money no doubt, but in terms of age I think we should let the current deal expire first then see where he's at down the road. It's certainly a head scratcher since Tramon Williams is looking for a new deal and he would be the more logical choice to get locked up for the next couple of years. I know one thing though, Darrelle Revis must be pissed....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this is just the way the management decided to communicate to players.

If you play well and is a good guy, we'll give you a big fat contract, regardless. If you don't we wont.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why does he need a new contract? I group this with the talk last year about driver and a new contract

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this is just the way the management decided to communicate to players.

If you play well and is a good guy, we'll give you a big fat contract, regardless. If you don't we wont.

Agree 100% RS, just look at the Pickett and Collins resignings. Cheeseheadtv.com said that it was Woodson who is asking for the new deal. I don't know all the details yet but we'll just have to wait and see.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have him locked up for 3 more seasons at 7.5, 5.5 and 6.5 mil. I think we can address a new contract in two years, its not like he is 26 or making chump change.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have him locked up for 3 more seasons at 7.5, 5.5 and 6.5 mil. I think we can address a new contract in two years, its not like he is 26 or making chump change.

Well according to how much CBs are making nowadays, Woodson's salary is very incomparable. Still, Woodson is making great money and we should wait till his current deal expires.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not about age or how much hes already making. The Packers are making Woodson into an example. They did the same of Jennings. Play well and get rewarded. Dont complain like Grant.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A much better reporter actually talked with Woodson...

540 ESPN Milwaukee

Great find RS! You see I never once thought it was Woodson who would have the nerve to do something stupid like hold the Packers hostage while they're dealing with legal troubles (although it's still unclear if his agent approached the Packers with contract talks).

I think the reporter who first broke the story (some FOX31 chick), probably confused Woodson with some other player. It's happened multiple times before because hardly anyone outside the Packers' fanbase knows the complete depth chart. It's probably Tramon Williams who she was referring to...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Cause TT needs to ask Woodson, which of the younger DB's has a good chance of actually making the team. :)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a bump in pay is justified, or at the very least have a bigger guaranteed sum of the existing contract amount. He has earned it.

Justin Harrell has sat the bench nursing injuries because of his guarantee money. With out the guaranteed money, he would have been release a long time ago.

I believe it would be wise of the Packers to offer him a new contract even at the current money, just guarantee it so he can play his heart out with no worries.

IMO thats fair and he has earned it. To finish out his last 3 years with no worries

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at Frank Walker making more money than Antonio Cromartie.
So did Ken Lucas, Walt Harris, former Packer draft pick Chris Johnson, Shawn Springs, and Drayten Florence!

Makes you wonder how he is going to pay for all those kids :dontknow:

Members online

Latest posts