Packers Home Field Advantage

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ran into an interesting quote on another forum, "Being realistic, all I want from this years' team is to see improvement on defense and a pink slip for the man who has de-filed the hollowed ground of Lambeau Field in the playoffs. 2 playoff losses at home to dome teams is enough for me!!"

This guy has a good point but I think it goes a little deeper. The Packers have only gone 9-7 at Lambeau over the last 2 regular seasons. 3 of the 4 losses last season came at the hands of the 5-11 Bears, the 6-10 Giants and the 5-11 Titans. Talk about de-filing the hollowed ground of Lambeau.

I bring this up because I think most of the Sherman brown-noses aren't grasping how bad he really has been. Sherman has destroyed the Packers. If you look at the roster from his debut season in 2000, Sherman inherited a very talented roster who underachieved under Ray Rhodes.

We're looking at 2 or 3 years for TT to right the ship.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Sherman hasn't destroyed the Packers! The players are as responsible as anyone for the current trend of losing playoff games and those "dome" teams were pretty darn good even if I hate to admit it. There are many teams that lose to the Falcons with Vick running like a possessed man and the Vikings are explosive offensively, we all know that. The Packers are much better than the "destroyed" term you use with them. They need improvement, no question, destroyed, no way! :evil:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND,

I agree with you. Sherman has had his share of problems and I think given what he was, he did the best that he could do.

I am NOT sure the team that he in herited would have won the NFL in 2000 and 2001 with a different coach...

Get use to Steals wheels rhetoric. He also Posts on other forums as Kid Zazz and other monickers. He was kNOWN as Chase in the NC forum.

He is like a forum terrorist. He hits then runs and hides.
kind of like the guy in the mjiddle east that we are looking for.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
I bring this up because I think most of the Sherman brown-noses aren't grasping how bad he really has been. Sherman has destroyed the Packers.

"Destroyed the Packers"???? Let's have a look a Sherman's record:

2004 - 10-6-0
2003 - 10-6-0
2002 - 12-4-0
2001 - 12-4-0
2000 - 9-7-0

It is obvious you dislike Sherman, but saying he destroyed the Packers is a ludicrous exaggeration.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Steel Wheels said:
I bring this up because I think most of the Sherman brown-noses aren't grasping how bad he really has been. Sherman has destroyed the Packers.

"Destroyed the Packers"???? Let's have a look a Sherman's record:

2004 - 10-6-0
2003 - 10-6-0
2002 - 12-4-0
2001 - 12-4-0
2000 - 9-7-0

It is obvious you dislike Sherman, but saying he destroyed the Packers is a ludicrous exaggeration.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

It is an exaggeration and you will come to see that ALL of his posts are Sherman bashing posts or something that sets up a Sherman bashing post. That is HIS rhetoric....

He doesn't want to see the regular season record... HE wants you to see the PRE-SEASON record.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Ted Thompson gives Sherman an extension before the season starts like some publications predicted so I can have something to add to this thread. :mrgreen:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sherman price tag has odds of going down more than going up in this negotiation. Ted Thompson will not get rushed into something. It will get done but I think closer to Ted's number than Sherman's agent's number.

I would say later half of the season after the trade deadline but before the offseason.

I would not want to negotiate with Ted. He uses time to his advantage.
Sherman will be hired by someone if not signed by Green Bay. It is to everyones advantage that he stay. There are likely a lot of petty details a few pages into the contract to work out.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Sherman will be hired by someone if not signed by Green Bay.

If Sherman gets hired by another NFL team it would be as a position coach. It will not be as a HC.

Sherman is best suited to coach in the college ranks, which is where he most likely will wind up.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Sherman will be hired by someone if not signed by Green Bay.

If Sherman gets hired by another NFL team it would be as a position coach. It will not be as a HC.

Sherman is best suited to coach in the college ranks, which is where he most likely will wind up.

wow.

you're out of your mind. Sherman would get snapped up in a second as a head coach. positions coach? i think i peed a little when i read that. hilarious.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The second winningest coach since he took over for the Packers would get hired only as a position coach? Chase, you've outdone yourself as that is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever posted.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like most of the people on here are not taking Steel's comments too seriously anymore. Sherman is a coach who has made mistakes but he hasn't destroyed anything on the Packers during his reign. In fact, look for him to do a much better job now that the GM duties have been taken off of his plate!

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ND.. the lessening of Shermans responsibilities will allow him to concentrate on coaching the team ( which really needs it this year)!

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like Steel is an anti-Sherman guy. I have to admit though he makes some good points. We will all soon find out who is right on the Sherman issue. The 2005 season is right around the corner.

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way that Sherman is destroying the pack. I've said it before it is not Shermans fault that ever sense he has been there Favre and others have made mistakes in the playoffs. Dare i remind us and speak of the dreaded 4th and 26. :(
and it was not shermans fault

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ameuret said:
There is no way that Sherman is destroying the pack. I've said it before it is not Shermans fault that ever sense he has been there Favre and others have made mistakes in the playoffs. Dare i remind us and speak of the dreaded 4th and 26. :(

Who'se fault was it not going for the 4th and a foot?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kemosabe said:
ameuret said:

Who'se fault was it not going for the 4th and a foot?

And had he gone for it and NOT made it, it would have caused yet Another stir...

I get it... Since he didn't go for 4th and a foot, he is DESTROYING the Packers.
If he had gone for it and NOT made it, he is DESTROYING the Packers...

Gee, I guess with some people, Sherman just can't win no matter what he does.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Steel the same guy who was wishing we'd all get off Rossley's back, too?
Losing those three games mentioned wasn't simply Mike Sherman's fault, as HC!
He had help - NDP nails it with the Players "playing down" to the other Teams record at that time... guilty on all three games... Also, those three games were played before Rossley fell sick and couldn't make it to the Detroit game, right? (I may be off by one game here)

It's NEVER just one guy - and more times than not, it's his Coaching Subordinates..

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Sherman is a coach who has made mistakes but he hasn't destroyed anything on the Packers during his reign.

Oh really...What do you call what Sherman and his buddies have done to the Packer defense?

In 2001 Sherman's 2nd season as HC, the Packers defense gave up 266 pts. That rated them 3rd in the NFC and 5th in the NFL.

In 2004 the Packers defense gave up 380 pts. That rated them 11th in the NFC and 23rd in the NFL.

If that is not destroying then you have your head screwed on backwards. The problem here is that you guy's have Sherman up on a pedestal and worship him as your god.

It's nice that the Packers have managed a 44-20 record over the past 4 seasons despite Sherman and his buddy crew, but what good is it when come playoff time the Packers do not match up to the best teams in the NFL?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty good points on the points allowed steel. I am personally indifferent about Sherman, but that kinda bends me to not like him so much when I see it put out like that. Where has our D gone? Why did we draft that sweet punter?

Hmmm..

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
In 2004 the Packers defense gave up 380 pts. That rated them 11th in the NFC and 23rd in the NFL.

...a total that would've been right at the bottom if not for our offense being able to advance the ball and eat a lot of clock,

good statistics in your post...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts