Packers free agent rumors?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you think Lane Taylor got a new deal with $31,500 per game roster bonus for 2017? Ted is well aware of the contracts ahead of him. Personally I don't think it's out of the question that we'll have a 2017 Week 1 starting O-Line of Bahk/Tretter/Linsley/Taylor/Bulaga.

I concur...one of our Guards minimum will not get resigned. Sitton and Lang both would not be smart to keep going forward, both I think are suspect to be let go...especially if Tretter continues to prove himself and Taylor improves. I suspect somewhere in this year's draft TT takes a potential versatile OL if not two of them with this exact thing being the reason.

D

Deleted member 6794

FWIW Forte´s deal with the Jets is a three-year deal for $12 million with $8 million guaranteed. He can earn another $4 million in escalators.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW Forte´s deal with the Jets is a three-year deal for $12 million with $8 million guaranteed. He can earn another $4 million in escalators.
Thanks, Capt. That's actually less than I thought he'd get... but still double what I'd guess a GB backup would get.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Which I'll be honest is a touch more than I'd have wanted TT to entertain him at. Worth it, could argue both ways....alas though that discussion doesn't matter now.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. So are there ANY names out there connected to us right now? (rumors or otherwise?)

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks, Capt. That's actually less than I thought he'd get... but still double what I'd guess a GB backup would get.

Which I'll be honest is a touch more than I'd have wanted TT to entertain him at. Worth it, could argue both ways....alas though that discussion doesn't matter now.

I agree that an average of $4 million per season would have been too much money for the Packers to sign him as a back-up.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems cheap. Im not sure it would have worked out. Might turn lacy off, basicly openi g the door to him leaving some day. And starks. One of the best value players on the roster... Add a good rookie, basicly to replace franklin. Resign starks for a yr or even 2. Or 3 if ted can write up a safe deal.

There are some good rbs coming out this year.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now. Id just be happy to retain most the list of guys on the open market right now. Its a lot of good players. Starks/kuhn combo. Perry/neal combo. Raji who was suposed to be the center piece. #2 te when wen need to add tallent at te. A core guy in hayward. James jones should be mentioned because without him, we may not have had enough wrs to go to last year to finish the season. Mulumba, tolzien, barclay. Maybe not big contributors. But cogs in the machine that need to be replaced...

Might see one of those trade back and collect picks type of draft...

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you think Lane Taylor got a new deal with $31,500 per game roster bonus for 2017? Ted is well aware of the contracts ahead of him. Personally I don't think it's out of the question that we'll have a 2017 Week 1 starting O-Line of Bahk/Tretter/Linsley/Taylor/Bulaga.

Ouch, I would not be happy if we lost both Sitton and Lang. Those are two of the best guards in the league. I mean, I guess we could address the issue in the draft, but it's tough to replace someone like Sitton.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ouch, I would not be happy if we lost both Sitton and Lang. Those are two of the best guards in the league. I mean, I guess we could address the issue in the draft, but it's tough to replace someone like Sitton.

While it´s true that replacing Sitton or Lang won´t be an easy task the Packers most likely won´t be able to afford re-signing both.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it´s true that replacing Sitton or Lang won´t be an easy task the Packers most likely won´t be able to afford re-signing both.

And Bahk? It's going to be next to impossible especially if Lacy has the bounce back he needs to have. I've said it before, I think it's much more likely both are gone than it is both are here after this year.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd pay close attention to this coming draft. If we draft a guard in the middle rounds, or even a LT, it might mean what we think it means.

D

Deleted member 6794

And Bahk? It's going to be next to impossible especially if Lacy has the bounce back he needs to have. I've said it before, I think it's much more likely both are gone than it is both are here after this year.

I fully expect the Packers to re-sign Bakhtiari. While it´s possible the team will let both Sitton and Lang walk away in free agency there should be enough cap space available to bring back one of them.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect the Packers to re-sign Bakhtiari. While it´s possible the team will let both Sitton and Lang walk away in free agency there should be enough cap space available to bring back one of them.

I do too on Bahk, didn't mean to put a ? there as I don't believe there's any way we don't keep him.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Linsley is signed through the 2017 season and Bulaga will be a free agent in 2020. The Packers will have some tough decisions to make on the offensive line next offseason though.

Rarely do the Packers let good players go after their rookie deal. Linsley will most likely be resigned before becoming a free agent.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rarely do the Packers let good players go after their rookie deal. Linsley will most likely be resigned before becoming a free agent.

I agree that Linsley will most likely be re-signed but with him still being on his rookie deal the Packers can't negotiate an extension with him until the start of the 2017 league year, so I didn't feel it was necessary to mention it.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Because all those teams have terrible youth cores and terrible qbs and most of them have terrible homegrown veteran presence.
The Packers on the other hand, have an amazing youth core an amazing qb and amazing homegrown veteran presence.
They just have 1-2 crucial holes that have not been effectively dealth with by TT's build through the draft strategy. He is absolutely amazing at it. But it has taken way too long to fully complete the roster. He has failed to find a legit ILB and has failed to find another athletic threat TE. Those things are hard to find in the draft. That's why you use Free Agency to have the team come full circle.

I will say it again, nobody is asking them to go out and sign 5 guys to monstrous deals like all those idiot teams are doing. He truly just needed to sign either a TE or ILB on the first day of free agency. Green or Trevathan would've been huge signings for this team. Brandon Marshall would be the other amazing signing but that's unlikely now.

at this point, any signings he will make are arguably just as good as guys we already have on the roster.

You use Free Agency to find a guy you can't get in the draft to fill a hole on your team that has been unfilled for the last 3+ seasons. its that simple

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I wonder where this leaves the relationship between MM/TT now? MM clearly wanted to make a splash in FA and unless TT is talking to Nick Fairley, Robert Ayers, or Tahir Whitehead, but the list is shrinking and declining quickly.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder where this leaves the relationship between MM/TT now? MM clearly wanted to make a splash in FA and unless TT is talking to Nick Fairley, Robert Ayers, or Tahir Whitehead, but the list is shrinking and declining quickly.

Free agency is ONE day old for crying out loud.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Splash" can mean different things to different people. So it depends on who you ask.

Besides, you're a Packer fan. Set your expectations low during FA like the rest of us.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Who did you want him to sign? Malik Jackson? Olivier Vernon? Was NEVER going to happen.
Ladarius Green, Coby Fleener, Ben Watson, Danny Trevethan, Bruce Irvin, Mario Williams to name a few?

Members online

Latest posts