Packers Down 14-0........

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was going through your minds when the Falcons were leading by 14?
Were you...
1. Thinking about turning the channel if they scored again?
2. Biting your nails and hoping the Pack would somehow pull it out at the end?
3. Having your doubts about MM's play calling?
4. Wondering what is up with our "exposed" defense?
5. Wondering how the OL was going to protect Rodgers for the rest of the game?
6. Sitting in your chair with no doubts that the Packer defense was going to shut down the Falcons
7. What kind of adjustments MM was going to do in the 2nd half?(wasn't Rodgers sacked on the
first play in the 3rd quarter?)

Be honest......

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thinking its a 4 quarter game and Falcons are afraid, they are draining the clock. Also wondering when the friggin' Packers pick would happen to turn the game around.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I was definatly nervous after the first quarter, we haven't been that far behind since what 09. Then when Clifton went out and they started bombarding rogers I was digging my nails into my chair arm. But that's how I watch every game, I am wound up like a spring at the beginning of each play and then when we make a big play I let loose, yell and scream and wind up for the next one. But I never lose faith that this team will pull it out. I really wish we would start putting teams away when we have the chance. But then again the wins, wouldn't be as thrilling. 5-0 baby, 5-0

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I was freaking out the first half...but having to remain postive in my texts to family!
"Its all good...they'll overcome the difficulties soon..."
"Stay positive...pick 6 comin!"
"They'll get it together now.. Falcon's are fading"

(Then I had to log on here and vent, and saw some very encouraging posts... and i snapped out of it)

Then I was able to finish the night of texting with..

"See!!! keep the faith guys! :)"

But back to your list... NEVER EVER #1 .... EVER!
#2,3,4,5, and 7 first half for sure..
and finally #6 second half!:barefoot: *sitting back in my recliner drinking it all in!!!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was upset to say the least but felt,they would turn it around new the d-line was just waiting for their chance,din't like the sacks yelled at a-rod turned the channel like I always do and go back,because I knew they would win.

eprater14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt worried at all we just needed to quit trying to run the ball. The Falcons were afraid and it showed. Also my comment about James Jones being worse than a ham sandwich last week...I will now eat that ham sandwich and maybe share it with Finley so it will keep him quiet for a bit.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of those guys who is screaming his *** off at the TV every game, win or lose, up 35 or down 35. BUT, this game I really tried to remain calm cool and collected and it was nice for a change. BUT! i did lose my cool on that dropped TD by finley. With this team honestly, no game is out of reach.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6. Sitting in your chair with no doubts that the Packer defense was going to shut down the Falcons

Considering how the defense has looked in the first 4 games in the first half, I had a feeling that ATL was going to get shut down after halftime adjustments were made, and the O was going to come alive.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
0-7. Capers was harping on the big gainers. None on that drive...
Grant fumbles. REALLY? There's plenty of time to recover, but this feels like a bad omen.
0-14. Don't overreact. Plenty of time, and the offense hasn't had a good chance yet.
3-14 and getting the ball back. Score a TD and get the ball back after half. Anyone's game.
Clifton hurt. All I can do is watch. Let's see what the young guys can do.
9-14 Mason is a stud. McCarthy didn't hesitate to kick it. Falcons are going to blow it.
15-14 Hahaha, this is awesome. Wait, why are you going for two? This might become a shootout from here.
22-14 Told you not to go for two.
25-14 Please please please please please just win it on defense. No more onside kicks.

Overall feeling: Ugly wins are wins. It feels like things are setting up well, as long as the Lions start losing occasionally. I Just hope we aren't doing this makeshift O-line thing against the Vikings, let alone the Lions.

Also, Matt Ryan doesn't really make a lot of big plays. He's just really smart, and the Falcons are extremely disciplined, at least until their back is against the wall. They aren't a contender.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All week I kept thinking this might be the "trap" game so I was thinking I was smart or something.

Turns out I'm still dumb.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
excellent play by play Eric! .. dang.. wish I would of thought of doing score by score! :)

pretty much how we were feeling here! Loved it!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the way over in the UK I had college the next day and unfortunately that was the only game of the season I will miss.
So I had to go to bed as the game started at 1:30am over here.

I did however wake up at 5:30am to check the score and then slept comfortably for the next hour and a half :)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
All the way over in the UK I had college the next day and unfortunately that was the only game of the season I will miss.
So I had to go to bed as the game started at 1:30am over here.

I did however wake up at 5:30am to check the score and then slept comfortably for the next hour and a half :)
where are you going to college?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'll admit I considered changing the channel at halftime. I know as always our defense really starts to pick it up as the game wears on and makes the necessary adjustments relatively quickly and they did.

I was more concerned about Rodgers and the pass protection. I could tell he was paying more attention to the pass rush than looking downfield for the open guy.

Last night was really a testament to the toughness and resolve of the team. Champs find a way to win and this response to adversity is important moving forward. Because we're probably going to encounter adversity again and I know now that we have the grit and resolve to keep going and not let it affect the way we play

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I thought this was the game we lose, that after all the 16-0 talk it would all end right there. That it would be one of those days. But this team doesn't panic, that's what's so different from the former quarterback's era. The former quarterback would start tossing balls up for grabs and it'd go from 14-0 to 42-0. But look how calm they remained, even kicking the long field goal when Al Michaels seemed beside himself that they'd even attempt it.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got pretty nervous. It doesn't happen very often, but I honestly felt like it just wasn't going to be our night. Our receivers were dropping passes, our defense couldn't handle anything that was being thrown at them. I'm glad to say that I was very wrong. It was a miraculous turnaround that I should almost expect from a team that is the caliber of our Green Bay Packers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't that worried.
I figured there was still enough time for the Pack to do something.
I had faith in them last night even though things were looking hopeless.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Your coaching staff made good adjustments and you guys were playing a team who wanted revenge from the playoffs. Was not shocked they got off to a hot start but it looked way too easy early on for them.

I don't trust Matt Ryan so I knew it was not over. On the flip side I trust Aaron Rodgers.

I just got the feeling as the game went on that the Packers were dead set on leaving Atlanta with a win, a mentally stronger team.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Out of the options I was thinking #4.

I had no doubt our offense would put up more than 14 points, but our Defense wasn't giving me any reason to think they'd stop em the rest of the game, cause lets be honest... those first 2 Falcons drives, our D was utterly dominated... Proved me wrong lol

Members online

Latest posts