Packers D-Fence should get DPOY (Or an award of some kind)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what negative thoughts or words anyone has against the Packers D.
Or any fears anyone has for them going into the playoffs.
And the numbers of yards or whatever doesn't matter.
The only numbers that do is the final score and 15 out of 16 times that score has been in favor of the Packers with help from the Pack defense.
They came through again today holding the Lions back to help Flynn and the rest of the O win the game.
They intercepted the last Lions pass to insure the win and to seal the deal of sweeping the NFC North. 1st North team to do that.
The Packers defense is awesome.
If there was an award that could go to a whole team then the Packers D should be the ones to get it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This defense has really disappointed me.

If they lost in the playoffs or Super Bowl, it will be because our defense can't stop anyone through the air or on the ground.

L

Lunchboxer

This D is crap. Only thing going for it is Takeaways.

This D lives and Dies by the takeaways.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only numbers that do is the final score and 15 out of 16 times that score has been in favor of the Packers with help from the Pack defense.
They came through again today holding the Lions back to help Flynn and the rest of the O win the game.
They intercepted the last Lions pass to insure the win and to seal the deal of sweeping the NFC North. 1st North team to do that.
If there was an award that could go to a whole team then the Packers D should be the ones to get it.
You know, I have to agree to a certain point.... they are 15-1, bye, homefield advantage and hopefully getting healthier.
They thing is the Offence has to out score the other O... a slippery slope to rely on. They do need improvement on Defense no doubt.
I have a theory on the recent Packer share offering... will wait till the season is over...

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well this team is 15-1 the number one seed and the patriots are the number one seed and the d's are ranked 31 and 32 people need to chill on the d were winning games last time I checked that's all that matters

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well its time to embrace it guys.
It is what it is.

We have won 15/16 games this season.

The playoffs are just more games.

This is one of the best posts I have read all year. Straight to the point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not crap. It dominates in takeaways, and before today was above average in points allowed per game (12th).

I hate that people judge this defense by purely the yardage. Games arent decided by yards, they are decided by points.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Having learned that the NFL thrives on the high octane passing game, I fully understand our defense's "bend but don't break" game plan. That is to stop the run, maintain excellent tackling skills and leverage the cover play between the quarterback and receivers. Hats off to our defense and I can also say I've really gained respect for Jarrett Bush.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Well... you know ... it DOES take 23 pancakes to cover a doghouse, because, um... ice cream doesn't have bones and all... ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Incidentally, the Lions haven't won in Wisconsin in 21 games including playoffs.... Go Pack.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts