Packers Culture

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this is a bit of an abstract topic. But anyway, in school I'm taking a Multicultural Issues course. One of the assignments is to talk for a few minutes about your personal heritage and culture. Most people talked about the traditions of their family's old countries, or their religious practices. Now myself, not really having a whole lot of cultural traditions (or at least not recognizing it) that have been with my family for a while, I decided to use this an an excuse to talk about another big part of my family's culture, the Packers. I talked about how big a part of our lives the Packers are, and how the whole family always gets together to watch them, and we have all kinds of Packers traditions, etc. Anyway, I got full credit. But now we have an extra credit assignment that we can do, you just bring in some food from your family's culture, the idea is for the class to have a little potluck. Continuing with my Packer tradition, I thought about just bringing in some kind of cheese, to go along with the whole cheesehead thing. Anyone have any other ideas lol?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this is a bit of an abstract topic. But anyway, in school I'm taking a Multicultural Issues course. One of the assignments is to talk for a few minutes about your personal heritage and culture. Most people talked about the traditions of their family's old countries, or their religious practices. Now myself, not really having a whole lot of cultural traditions (or at least not recognizing it) that have been with my family for a while, I decided to use this an an excuse to talk about another big part of my family's culture, the Packers. I talked about how big a part of our lives the Packers are, and how the whole family always gets together to watch them, and we have all kinds of Packers traditions, etc. Anyway, I got full credit. But now we have an extra credit assignment that we can do, you just bring in some food from your family's culture, the idea is for the class to have a little potluck. Continuing with my Packer tradition, I thought about just bringing in some kind of cheese, to go along with the whole cheesehead thing. Anyone have any other ideas lol?
Cheese, brats and beers... Don't think you can go wrong with that.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
PackersRS hit it on the head, Cheese, brats, beer. Oh and saurekraut.

OP
OP
YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The beer and brats were the first things to come to my mind. Trouble is I can't bring beer to class lol, and I doubt I'd be able to cook brats for the whole class that early in the morning since its my first class of the day. I suppose I'll just stick with the cheese lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheese curds

Can you grill the brats AND HOTDOGS night before? Then just re-heat the next day? Take pictures of grilling the stuff

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lutefisk! You can't go wrong with succulent taste of Lutefisk.
Oh wait, that might be a touch refined for the cheesehead palate.

OK, sticking with the cheesehead theme, road kill would be most appropriate.
Like......

Chunk of skunk
Flat cat
Thumper-on-the bumper
German Shepard pie
and the ever popular cheesehead delight...Pavement Possum.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lutefisk! You can't go wrong with succulent taste of Lutefisk.
Oh wait, that might be a touch refined for the cheesehead palate.

OK, sticking with the cheesehead theme, road kill would be most appropriate.
Like......

Chunk of skunk
Flat cat
Thumper-on-the bumper
German Shepard pie
and the ever popular cheesehead delight...Pavement Possum.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Sounds like you know quite a bit of "roadkill" recipes yourself.

Don't vikes fans usually eat... What the hell do you people eat? Do you even have an identity besides wearing those stupid horns and losing the big games???

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
SHHHH! A VIKINGS FAN DURING OFFSEASON! don't scare him away...

He even listed his favorite snacks for us! I'm sry Mr. Viking, but Lambeau doesn't serve the same things as the Dome.

:D

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking the brats are the only way to go. Make sure you have the Sauerkraut and the stone-ground mustard. I am kind of partial to the horseradish mustard myself. Oh, and if you cook them with beer, then your class will get all the lovely beer flavor and you won't get in any kind of trouble!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to see if your teacher/professor would allow you to have your class over to your house *If space permits* for something even as "small" as the Family Night game. It's on TV, it's not on a sunday so you won't have to worry about people needing to go to church, and you can give them the full experience.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Cheese,Beer,Brats,And Sauerkraut.... Yum.... Thats what i call a Dinner when the packers are on...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts