Packers create more 2020 cap space

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw him start making those rodgers type throws nearer the end of last year, and I see him make them this year to receivers, which leads me to lean towards he can still do it, but it's a comfort level and talent around him issue more than anything. I'm not expecting him to be Rodgers of 7 years ago, but I do expect to see a decent improvement as comfort in a new system and getting some better pass catchers.
So what's the reasoning why he missed a wide open Jones 2 times on a single wheel route? And one was for a td

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So what's the reasoning why he missed a wide open Jones 2 times on a single wheel route? And one was for a td
Are you just refusing to read the portions of his posts where he acknowledges that Rodgers needs to be better?

He's missing throws, but he still has the arm talent to make all of the throws. There's several factors that play into this, as Mondio alluded to.

Rodgers is not without fault. You won't find a single person on this forum to say otherwise. But this is also arguably the worst supporting cast of pass catchers he's ever had to work with, and in a new system nevertheless. This point has to be taken into consideration.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you just refusing to read the portions of his posts where he acknowledges that Rodgers needs to be better?

He's missing throws, but he still has the arm talent to make all of the throws. There's several factors that play into this, as Mondio alluded to.

Rodgers is not without fault. You won't find a single person on this forum to say otherwise. But this is also arguably the worst supporting cast of pass catchers he's ever had to work with, and in a new system nevertheless. This point has to be taken into consideration.
Read his post again..

Lord. I'm.not going to play this game anymore. I'm asking a legit question to HIM... He made a statement and I'm truly interested in his reasoning to my question to him.

But since you think I have an agenda up my ***.

His quote

which leads me to lean towards he can still do it, but it's a comfort level and talent around him issue more than anything.

So is Jones not talented? No comfort In Jones??

I'm not expecting him to be Rodgers of 7 years ago, but I do expect to see a decent improvement as comfort in a new system and getting some better pass catchers.
he has had Jones for 2 year...is that not long enough to see results?

And for the ****ing 500 time

This wr core sucks..worse than any other ones he had..

So..from...now...on..recall..this...convo

He replied to me with a satisfactory answer..

So maybe let others answer for them self next time?

Mmmmkk?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, QB's miss sometimes. I think Rodgers is missing more than usual for him. I don't know why, but I've also seen enough throws only the greats make to know he hasn't lost it. There are lots of moving parts, he's just one of them.

He drops some dimes yet too, he opened the game with a great pass. it was dropped. did that a couple weeks in a row I believe. But he's missed badly too, they all do. Watching that Seattle Eagles game, Wilson was all over at times on the same looking passes and i'm thiking, He's the MVP and Rodgers sucks to people in this room?

Then I watch the Vikes and see Cousins miss badly on a deep crosser, 3 yards to shallow and short and Theilen makes a great adjustment and catch and 1st down. We don't have receivers that ever help out on anything that isn't perfect other than Adams. Rodgers could be better, so could everyone else and it would make a big difference.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Read his post again..

Lord. I'm.not going to play this game anymore. I'm asking a legit question to HIM... He made a statement and I'm truly interested in his reasoning to my question to him.

His quote

And for the ******* 500 time

...feel better?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read his post again..

His quote

And for the ******* 500 time

He replied to me with a satisfactory answer..

So maybe let others answer for them self next time?

Mmmmkk?
I didn't see the play to Jones you're talking about, I was driving during the first half of that game, but he was off. He just was that game. How about the TD earlier in the year that was about perfect to Jones? or the mental call to make that screen call, the physical ability to make it work not only in avoiding rush long enough to make it happen, but then actually deliver a catchable ball? very understated play in that game. And then the strike to Lazard for a TD. or the deep sideline to Adams. Those weren't journeymen throws. But he was off, bad day?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't see the play to Jones you're talking about, I was driving during the first half of that game, but he was off. He just was that game. How about the TD earlier in the year that was about perfect to Jones? or the mental call to make that screen call, the physical ability to make it work not only in avoiding rush long enough to make it happen, but then actually deliver a catchable ball? very understated play in that game. And then the strike to Lazard for a TD. or the deep sideline to Adams. Those weren't journeymen throws. But he was off, bad day?
Yup bad day.

But as I have stated numerous times...when a wide open receiver presents its self he needs to make that that throw..

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It feels like we're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. I think we've all said our points in regards to the matter in which we do agree with each other for the most part, except in regards to Gary's points. I think we'll have to see how well things go this Sunday because right now it feels like we're beating a dead horse, especially considering we already discussed similar things in regards to Rodgers missing receivers, as well as receivers not doing their part. It feels like we're going around in circles at this point, and the funny thing is we're all on one accord, again except when it comes to Gary's points. But that's just me.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the proof will be in 2020. We assume Rodgers will be healthy. Hopefully his receiving talent will have been addressed, as least to some extent. And it will be his second year in the offense, so a comfort level will have had the chance to develop.
he just played a healthy season in an O that, at his request, is basically unchanged from the old one. he's already comfortable in it. he didn't perform well. another year of that would be a waste of a season. it's time for him to give MLF's real O a shot full-time.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he just played a healthy season in an O that, at his request, is basically unchanged from the old one. he's already comfortable in it. he didn't perform well. another year of that would be a waste of a season. it's time for him to give MLF's real O a shot full-time.
Gary I'm sorry to say this, but you're being silly to the point coming off as completely idiotic. Did you NOT see the link I sent you in which Rodgers sat down and said he bought in? Did you not see the time where Rodgers said he doesn't have to be the hero and throw for so many touchdowns? I'm stupefied at how you think Rodgers HASN'T given Lafleur's offense a real shot. This team is sitting at 13-3 and SOMEHOW you conclude that Rodgers hasn't bought in, when time and time again he has said he has. Nevermind the fact that it's their first year together. I just-Someone else deal with him. I can't right now. I am speechless.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

If you think what the Packers are running this season is basically unchanged from 2018 and prior then I really don't know what I can do for you...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think what the Packers are running this season is basically unchanged from 2018 and prior then I really don't know what I can do for you...
At this point ... why would you even bother to try lol.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point ... why would you even bother to try lol.
I'm starting to wonder myself, but then i've always been a glutton for that stuff. could also use a good brush up concerning lessons in futility. It's the only explanation i have to continuing to respond

Latest posts