Packers 2021 cap situation

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Congratulations Taysom...you may get to be the starting QB but that team is going to crumble around you for a year or two due to cap restraints.

Taysom isn't even that good. He cannot carry a team at all lol.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Example, say you tell Preston this...you gotta remember he not only can go get another contract but pulls in his dead cap hit as well to buy out his contract.

So he hits the market with $8M in his pocket...and that is when some guys sign what seem to be a team friendly contract to go to a winning team.

Preston has already received the money as a signing bonus that would result in the dead money counting against the cap when released next offseason at the time he signed the contract two years ago though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night's game have any impact on how /if Lindsley figures into the equation?
He's playing well. he's going to get paid and we're going to have to do what we did when he came around. We drafted a bunch of Oline last year. Coach them up, and replace Linsley next year. We don't have the cap space to keep what we have and are likely looking at cuts just to stay under the cap.

I thought he was going to be cut prior to the season after last year. He's shut me up. Playing very well and probably worth some cash, but we don't have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts