Packers and Aaron Rodgers agree on 3 yr 150 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know people say that. Yet let’s be honest we win that last SF game without the blocked punt for a -7 and that’s not on Aaron as much as I bash him
Football is a team sport.
Of course we do not blame Aaron for that blocked punt but we could blame him for not moving the ball farther down the field for more distance away from our end zone as well as not scoring any more points that would have won the game for us.

The defense did fine.
This game was on the offense and ST.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very few teams win a playoff game scoring only 10 points. But people blamed the cold for that. Maybe if we played that game in SF, Rodgers puts up more points and the blunder doesn't matter.
We have not been doing so well in the cold for so many years we no longer look like a cold weather team anymore.
And yet the announcers go on and on before the big games as if we are and the other teams will have to adapt.
Did they just like watch the Ice Bowl, take a really long nap and wake up or something?
Because it sure seems like it.
Or else they have the memory of a flea.

And the way they go on about the cold, I would like to say to them, "Well, no *blank* Sherlock. This is Wisconsin. It is January and it is winter! WTF is wrong with you? Of course it's cold!"

Reaction score
I wasn't saying anything, merely sharing the ten failed playoffs and if Home or not since brought up.
Oh I know. It wasn’t directed at you that way sorry Tyni
More defending your position of there not being some sorta curse of Rodgers can’t win at home in playoffs etc..

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have not been doing so well in the cold for so many years we no longer look like a cold weather team anymore.
And yet the announcers go on and on before the big games as if we are and the other teams will have to adapt.
Did they just like watch the Ice Bowl, take a really long nap and wake up or something?
Because it sure seems like it.
Or else they have the memory of a flea.

And the way they go on about the cold, I would like to say to them, "Well, no *blank* Sherlock. This is Wisconsin. It is January and it is winter! WTF is wrong with you? Of course it's cold!"

I still believe if Dillon doesn't get hurt, yards chewed in the second half by him were going to happen - LOT of what ifs about that game, but Dillon going down in those conditions HURT IMO. Possibly more than anything else.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This past season was probably the best D AR will have while he's still here...time to revert back to high scoring games w/ the pressure on AR to score 35 every game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not read every single post but from what I have seen fans do not seem that excited that he is staying.
Including this one.

Reaction score
This past season was probably the best D AR will have while he's still here...time to revert back to high scoring games w/ the pressure on AR to score 35 every game.
Idk. I think we can maintain a top 10-12 respectable type Defense that bends but doesn’t break. If we can retain Preston and get 1 of either Rasul or Campbell to resign I don’t think we see much dropoff. I can see us going after another adequate starter at LB if Campbell jumps ship. Id love to see us land a starting caliber DT. Also Mercilus may take a prove it deal after an injury riddled season.

It is true that we are likely 1 #2 type WR and 1 pass catching TE away from getting back in that top 5 scoring range. I’m not opposed to keeping Cobb on the cheaper side but I’m not relying on him much. Injury is becoming an issue. Lazard and MVS for me are 2 separate styles of #3 types and that’s fine to retain 1 if we already have a #2 WR, which we don’t

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS & Lazard's best roles are as the #4 option... right now GB still needs to find a true #2 (hopefully work way into #1 role) & a solid TE that doesn't cost in excess of $3mil/yr (don't believe Tonyan will be an option).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not read every single post but from what I have seen fans do not seem that excited that he is staying.
Including this one.
I think that's because those who definitely wanted him gone were by far more vocal. You had the I don't really care one way or the other crowd then you had the I want him back group (that's where I fit in) I'm happy he's back but I'm waiting for the truth to come out about his contract before I celebrate too much. At what has been reported its a lot and when you think what they may have been able to get in a trade that will put a slight damper on my excitement (not really excitement as I don't really get excited about the NFL anymore but I did prefer him to come back and I am happy he is back.

If another story I heard today from someone who I don't really trust but who is always checking on these things is tru the deal is very team friendly and Rodgers has said he wants the Packers to be able to sign whoever they need to. I think he got his info from Pat McCafee or his source got it from there. If that's the case it should change a lot of people's minds.

Reaction score
I think that's because those who definitely wanted him gone were by far more vocal. You had the I don't really care one way or the other crowd then you had the I want him back group (that's where I fit in) I'm happy he's back but I'm waiting for the truth to come out about his contract before I celebrate too much. At what has been reported its a lot and when you think what they may have been able to get in a trade that will put a slight damper on my excitement (not really excitement as I don't really get excited about the NFL anymore but I did prefer him to come back and I am happy he is back.

If another story I heard today from someone who I don't really trust but who is always checking on these things is tru the deal is very team friendly and Rodgers has said he wants the Packers to be able to sign whoever they need to. I think he got his info from Pat McCafee or his source got it from there. If that's the case it should change a lot of people's minds.
I hope the contract reporting is on the high side. I’m kinda sweating it and we are way in over our heads with that kinda $$ and guaranteed

Maybe there are other parts that are unknown and I’m sure this will be explained in the coming days. At least we have our QB which is objectivo numero imo

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We still only have one SB appearance and win since 1996.
That's true but a very mis-representative fact. We are and were the best team in many season other than the key chokes. Were 49ers or even Rams better than us, last year? Nah.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson goes to Denver, and AR12 announces hes back w a new contract on the same day. It's not a coincidence IMO.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers just better have a plan on how to get to and actually win a Super Bowl again for that much money! Enough of losing playoff games when you are being paid like that!!! Wonder if Packers will try to trade Love now. Apparently they don’t seeHim as a starter

Could Packers get a second-round pick for QB Jordan Love?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true but a very mis-representative fact. We are and were the best team in many season other than the key chokes. Were 49ers or even Rams better than us, last year? Nah.

Id agree with you, however Im not sure why thats matters as the point is to win the SB

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id agree with you, however Im not sure why thats matters as the point is to win the SB
Agree. But then there's a difference between being Packers and not winning SB or Browns or Dolphins or Jets and now winning SB, right?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe if Dillon doesn't get hurt, yards chewed in the second half by him were going to happen - LOT of what ifs about that game, but Dillon going down in those conditions HURT IMO. Possibly more than anything else.
I agree, Dillon getting hurt was a huge disappointment. It's another example of bad luck that we seem to run into, but all teams have to deal with injuries. We just find ways to lose these playoff games. I wonder what would have happened if Adams had been knocked out of the game instead of Dillon? Would Dillon have chewed yards and Rodgers spread the ball around more?

I hear that all the time. :coffee:
I knew when I wrote that someone was going to make some sort of comment like that.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all those years with Ted Thompson the Packers never seemed to find the money to get players and still pay out. I know they tied up a lot of money in Clay Matthews and Jordy Nelson but I never recall all kinds of cap games then. Now that does not mean the results are any different. We still only have one SB appearance and win since 1996. But it just seemed that we were same old same old for so long. Now every year is an adventure.
TT was consistently 20m UNDER the cap...and that was due to his draft and develop idea that never bore much in the way of fruit.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predicted the exact outcome before the season last year. Nice regular season Prima Donna Rodgers choke-flops in the playoffs (again). He took “alligator mouth overloads hummingbird *** to new heights” . After his less than stellar NFCCG against TB and then the pressure he put on himself this year you could see the panic setting in the second half as he blew opportunity after opportunity and eventually the game. This year I see a bit more room for optimism regarding his performance. He’s taken all he’ll likely ever get. Expectstions are going to be relatively (compared to last year) low… by detached knowledgeable football people. Rodgers and Adams will strap the cap. The real question is can the front office exceed expectations. How much can they hold together and how many holes can they plug. Rodgers is a done deal. Playing out the string however that little under achieving mystery evolves. I’ll be interested to see how Seattle fares over the next 3-4 years vs. “us” as they go down “the road not taken”.

Status
Not open for further replies.