Why Rodgers' contract limits Packers' options

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the most likely answer has always been, he'll retire when he's done and that will be it. this contract almost ensures that. Trading or cutting is nothing more than an option on paper at this point. I see the likelihood of either happening much closer to zero than even 10%.

Reaction score
I think the most likely answer has always been, he'll retire when he's done and that will be it. this contract almost ensures that. Trading or cutting is nothing more than an option on paper at this point. I see the likelihood of either happening much closer to zero than even 10%.
Yeah that explains there is an out
but not until after 2023. We’re not going to pay him $40m to not play. After the 2023 season he has guaranteed, but there’s conditions where a trade could be perfected.

It’s a conundrum because we’ll have to make a decision on Love next season and unless he desires to be a career backup it’s not happening.

D

Deleted member 6794

Trading or cutting is nothing more than an option on paper at this point. I see the likelihood of either happening much closer to zero than even 10%.

Solely regarding the cap the Packers trading Rodgers after this season is far more realistic than releasing him. I highly doubt he's interested in playing for another team though.

Yeah that explains there is an out
but not until after 2023. We’re not going to pay him $40m to not play. After the 2023 season he has guaranteed, but there’s conditions where a trade could be perfected.

The Packers would actually be in a better position regarding the cap trading Rodgers next offseason than after the 2023 season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts