Packers and Aaron Rodgers agree on 3 yr 150 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport the deal is for four years and $200 million with a whopping $153 million guaranteed :eek:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thought the Packers were trading a back to back MVP was being naive and looking through a myopic lens.

Rodgers is the Packers meal ticket. Much like he was Teds. Even when TT was running the team into the ground Rodgers carried the team and TT, and MM for that matter, got to stick around much longer than they deserved.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thought the Packers were trading a back to back MVP was being naive and looking through a myopic lens.
If he didn't want back don't be naive to think Gute just was going to sit on his contract for a guy that wasn't going to play. stop.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing once we see the cap hit structure this is a three year at most deal, maybe less depending when the hits and how the hits happen....with 153M guaranteed...I"m guessing there has to be a void year in there or just an insanely high 2023 and/or 2024 cap hit even if cut for them to be making his 2022 cap hit drop from the already nearly $50M hit it is.

I'm ecstatic to have Rodgers back, 100% disagree with this cost.

*post commenting appears these figures are not factual.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One saga is over and another continues.

You got your money.

YOU GOT PAID!!!

Now its time to get to work.

Now its time to focus on one thing and one thing only.

Now its time to deliver.

Now its time to win the championship.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport the Packers are now expected to franchise tag Davante Adams.

IF both of them are hitting our roster in 2022.... you feeling like I am it isn't just one Smith to be cut but two....Crosby is most likely out and Billy Turner may be as well. Of course structure of his insane deal is going to play a big factor in this but still carrying both the tag and a $50/Yr type contract without cap space already means we have to deplete and cut elsewhere.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One saga is over and another continues.

You got your money.

YOU GOT PAID!!!

Now its time to get to work.

Now its time to focus on one thing and one thing only.

Now its time to deliver.

Now its time to win the championship.

While our last ten postseasons have ended rather abyssmal, I have never doubted this has been the goal and focus each time he has laced up.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McAfee 100% said the rumored deal numbers is not true. I'm sure that part of things will get ironed out, but he did 100% confirm he is coming back.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In 2013, Rodgers signed an extension for 5 years, 110M. That's 22M/season. The cap in 2013 was 123M, which made his average annual salary 17.9% of the total in that first year.

In 2018, Rodgers signed an extension for 4 years, 134M. That's 33.5M/season. The cap in 2018 was 177M, which made his average annual salary 18.9% of the total in that first year.

A 4 year, 200M deal would obviously be 50M/season. The cap this year is 208M. That means that his average annual salary is 24% of the total cap, which is a huge jump from previous extensions.

They must be anticipating massive leaps in the cap ceiling in 2023 and beyond. If that happens, they'll be fine.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Think he figured that the gas prices in Wisconsin will always be lower than Colorado? At any rate no matter how high they go he can afford them now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pat is going off on how categorically incorrect this information is true that Rappoport is saying - money wise. He is coming back, but Pat is raking Ian honestly how false this is.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2013, Rodgers signed an extension for 5 years, 110M. That's 22M/season. The cap in 2013 was 123M, which made his average annual salary 17.9% of the total in that first year.

In 2018, Rodgers signed an extension for 4 years, 134M. That's 33.5M/season. The cap in 2018 was 177M, which made his average annual salary 18.9% of the total in that first year.

A 4 year, 200M deal would obviously be 50M/season. The cap this year is 208M. That means that his average annual salary is 24% of the total cap, which is a huge jump from previous extensions.

They must be anticipating massive leaps in the cap ceiling in 2023 and beyond. If that happens, they'll be fine.
Does inflation factor in to the Cap figure or is it strictly revenue? With 8% per year the Cap go really go up in the next several years.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Damn between Rodgers chokejobs and the salary cap issues we're gonna have I'm gonna be dead before this team wins another championship

This outcome was undoubtedly the most likely to bring a SB to Green Bay in the next 5 years.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF both of them are hitting our roster in 2022.... you feeling like I am it isn't just one Smith to be cut but two....Crosby is most likely out and Billy Turner may be as well. Of course structure of his insane deal is going to play a big factor in this but still carrying both the tag and a $50/Yr type contract without cap space already means we have to deplete and cut elsewhere.
It could be a team that will be young and inexperienced in many areas but will still have a few superstars on the field. Could we be a .500 team even with this signing?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see spending MORE money on a QB/WR combo which couldnt win a playoff game last year while you let the rest of the team erode as a recipe for sucess short term or long term unless your standard of success is making the playoffs. And that IF they can keep Adams. If they don’t have this worked out it’s beyond dumb. The only saving grace is we play in the NFC North so we can be competitive essentially no matter what

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be a team that will be young and inexperienced in many areas but will still have a few superstars on the field. Could we be a .500 team even with this signing?

No if Aaron and Adams are back this is a 10 win team I believe no matter how many cuts we have to do (within reason of course) and most likely will win division again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts