Packers and Aaron Rodgers agree on 3 yr 150 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100%, Gute could say he is stepping down and Kidcudi would ***** about which foot he led with stepping up to the podium.
No I would sit silently in the corner and wait for all the fake Packers fans, who ironically call themselves the real Packers fans, to admit Gutey really blew our chances to win with some awful decisions.

Same thing happened with TT. We gad to wait for him to be gone for people to admit he was ruining the team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I would sit silently in the corner and wait for all the fake Packers fans, who ironically call themselves the real Packers fans, to admit Gutey really blew our chances to win with some awful decisions.

Same thing happened with TT. We gad to wait for him to be gone for people to admit he was ruining the team.

Now it is just "some" awful decisions, not all?

Since all QB related decisions Gute has made have been straight trash according to you, I assume you wanted him to force a trade instead of signing Rodgers today?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad that is cleared up, at least. Now I wonder how Adams is going to react to being franchise tagged, if that's what happens. And for the immediate future at least, I'm going to try to be satisfied with some good wins during the regular season, and not get too excited about a Super Bowl run. I realize that attitude is about as anti-Lombardi as it can get, but it looks like they've finally beaten this old Packer fan down.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Guessing that this is about what the Packers would have gotten for Rodgers had they traded him to Denver:

PFT has confirmed via a league source that Denver will send a pair of first-round picks, a pair of second-round picks, and three players to Seattle as part of the deal. Multiple reports indicate that the Broncos will also send a fourth-round pick to the Seahawks and Seattle will send Denver a fifth-round pick.

The Players are Locke, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point he is looking way overpaid and overrated.

Better give them their money's worth with at least one SB win within that time.
Which I will not expect seeing him blow it in a decade's worth of PO losses.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad that is cleared up, at least. Now I wonder how Adams is going to react to being franchise tagged, if that's what happens. And for the immediate future at least, I'm going to try to be satisfied with some good wins during the regular season, and not get too excited about a Super Bowl run. I realize that attitude is about as anti-Lombardi as it can get, but it looks like they've finally beaten this old Packer fan down.
I can't help but feel the same way and am pessimistic they are going to get their money's worth.
Did they seriously not watch the last decade of playoff games?

I would love to be proved wrong with the Pack getting another SB win with A-Rod.

Reaction score
Whatever Rodgers new contract ends up being, I hope that it has a cease-and-desist clause in it. Stop holding the team hostage. Stop sending out cryptic tweets. Just stop. You are a well-paid monkey. Turn the grinder.

However, I know all of it will get worse.
All I could think of was…

4 MORE YEARS!

Truly I’ll try to be nicer going forward. Hopefully he’ll quietly retire a Packer. That’s so rare nowadays.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more home playoff games. Rodgers has proven he can only make it to the SB if he has to play on the road.

Um....

2009 - Loss at Arizona
2012 - Loss at San Francisco
2011 - Loss at HOME
2013 - Loss at HOME
2014 - Loss at Seattle
2015 - Loss at Arizona
2016 - Loss at Atlanta
2019 - Loss at San Francisco
2020 - Loss at HOME
2021 - Loss at HOME

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....

2009 - Loss at Arizona
2011 - Loss at HOME
2013 - Loss at HOME
2014 - Loss at Seattle
2015 - Loss at Arizona
2016 - Loss at Atlanta
2020 - Loss at HOME
2021 - Loss at HOME
I didn't say that he ALWAYS makes it to the Super Bowl when playing on the road. My point is that he could only make it to the Super Bowl when he had 3 road games. He has never done it while having one or more home playoff games.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guessing that this is about what the Packers would have gotten for Rodgers had they traded him to Denver:

PFT has confirmed via a league source that Denver will send a pair of first-round picks, a pair of second-round picks, and three players to Seattle as part of the deal. Multiple reports indicate that the Broncos will also send a fourth-round pick to the Seahawks and Seattle will send Denver a fifth-round pick.
That's a big package. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos fare in the coming years And the Seahawks for that matter. It's worth noting however, that Wilson is five years younger than Rodgers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts with Love. In the event of a Rodgers injury, he isn't going to take over the job and win a lot of games for the Packers, but who else would for what he costs us? So you stick with him, use him as your #2 and hope he develops enough to either be good trade bait or just another guy you keep around as your backup. He knows the playbook and the players, as well as the fact that he may still have a lot of room for improvement. If you trade him for a 3rd or 4th, what have you gained? You still need to replace him and if he walks away in 2 years in Free Agency, you may get a late round compensatory for him.

I always prefer a vet QB as a backup with a championship caliber team, but at this point, they are all in with Rodgers and his health and play will determine how far they get.
Or you can sign Josh McCown.

Reaction score
Um....

2009 - Loss at Arizona
2011 - Loss at HOME
2013 - Loss at HOME
2014 - Loss at Seattle
2015 - Loss at Arizona
2016 - Loss at Atlanta
2020 - Loss at HOME
2021 - Loss at HOME
Yeah I know people say that. Yet let’s be honest we win that last SF game without the blocked punt for a -7 and that’s not on Aaron as much as I bash him

My best guess is we keep the band together, fix Special team and have better blessings on our injury front. We won last year without J’aire, ZaDarius and Bakhtiari. Imagine having just 1-2 healthy this season from that group.

We need a true #2 WR and a TE in the passing game. Hopefully get 1 of the 2 of Campbell or Rasul with some good fortune

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he got his info from Rodgers?
Just watched Pat's show. He said that he texted aaron and shortly after aaron tweeted that the information was false.

I'm ok with him coming back. But I would have been ok with him leaving. I have to admit that I like winning. Sure I want to go to the SB. But having a chance to get there is a lot more fun than not having a chance at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's a big package. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos fare in the coming years And the Seahawks for that matter. It's worth noting however, that Wilson is five years younger than Rodgers.
Personally, I think the Seahawks got fleeced. But it sounds like Russell wanted out, so what are you going to do?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know people say that. Yet let’s be honest we win that last SF game without the blocked punt for a -7 and that’s not on Aaron as much as I bash him

My best guess is we keep the band together, fix Special team and have better blessings on our injury front. We won last year without J’aire, ZaDarius and Bakhtiari. Imagine having just 1-2 healthy this season from that group.

We need a true #2 WR and a TE in the passing game. Hopefully get 1 of the 2 of Campbell or Rasul with some good fortune

I wasn't saying anything, merely sharing the ten failed playoffs and if Home or not since brought up.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have purposely stayed away from here since November 6th for a number of reasons and frankly haven't missed some of the BS. I only have one thing to say - PUT UP or SHUT UP #12!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very few teams win a playoff game scoring only 10 points. But people blamed the cold for that. Maybe if we played that game in SF, Rodgers puts up more points and the blunder doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts