Packer websites...

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have a sticky for all the cool ones....

PackerPalace, Packernet, etc.

I used to go on one all the time that isn't around anymore....something like "Unabashed Packers" or something like that. Now THAT site had everything. It was awesome.

What do you guys go to?

Even the 'queens have apretty darn good one in Purplepride.org , so why can't we? Or do we?

Let's see 'em!!!!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
purplepride.org is a heck of a site. If I had the time and programming experience this place would be better.

OP
OP
O

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
purplepride.org is a heck of a site.

Yeah....I guess... :roll: :D

One thing I did laugh at on that site was the nickname for Najeh Davenport.... "King ******" ...OMFGROFL!!!!

Ryan this place is top notch, but we need a separate website for news, galleries, fun, etc......

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan this place is top notch, but we need a separate website for news, galleries, fun, etc......
Yeah I would like to provide that stuff, but I just don't have the time and resources to do it right now. I would like the forum to be a piece/feature of a much bigger picture, some day we may get there. I have to plan a few things out first to see what we can offer up soon.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RYAN - I would just create a sticky link at the top of this section since it's the most visited of any other - link it back to where you have our thread about the IPB club and all the others.... that should do for now.. Every one would see it and they could add to it as well.

GUYS - there are actually quite a few HANGOUTS all over that have yet to list themselves online, like how the Packers or JS Online does... So, if you know of a place, just list it and eventually it will find its way over to those sites.

REMEMBER - HANGOUTS change all the time - so you "will" find info on places that just don't exist any more - We've found that out around here... several places have fallen by the wayside and others have been bought out.

PACKER PALACE usually has their links updated - there's more links there than any other... Although, IPB is corrolating a pretty long list as well. Here ----

Fan Sites

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep - also got that on my plate --- the idea is to give the Members a private side of our Site where they can interact without the interference of the International Community. We spent hours last season practicing with PHPnuke, takes a few days to learn the scope, but after that, it's not bad.

I even have an extra Case with parts to create the Linux backup box...
All this stuff just takes time and I'm in Basic Training - Tech School comes next and then my first deployment....

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The PackerForum.com servers would be happy to host that site for you :) I am all setup for php, mysql postnuke/phpnuke with apache2. :)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good. Let me know if I can help you guys. You already have an idea of the server speed as you use this site quite a bit. Depending on what you need for storage space we can talk. I really need to upgrade the HD's in our webserver but I have been too lazy to spend the money to do it :)

I should probably go at least SATA on the new one. Oh well we'll see.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What could happen (here) with this thread thought, is just above the different sections and down below the ESPN Ticker - You could have a Billboard link which transfers visitors over to the Links Page - it doesn't need to be FLASH or anything like that. Then, as suggested, that other default2.htm page could represent hyperlinks to all other sites and in there, you could originate a setup wherein posters could auto-list their sites and then it updates itself and can be edited by MEMBERS ONLY, once they've joined up. Meaning onlly the Links they've input under their logins...

Over on our Site, we just google it and see what's new out there... that's how we found what we have now... Course, every so often the links need to be re-verified. If there's a way to automate that, in some way, then I would expect that it is something I need to learn (read) about.... These mechanics are probably things you've already reviewed... But to be able to allow Members this option and then have it be aitomated would take the sweat out of it.....

I'll certainly keep you posted as to our progress.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts