Packer game question

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm having a bad mind blank on this game. What was the date of the game where i believe Freeman had that play what was voted the best play ever on NFL network. Also what that a monday night game?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
"November 6, 2000. Monday night game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers. With the game tied at 20, the Vikings missed a 32-yard field goal on a rain-drenched field at the end of regulation against archrival Green Bay in a crucial Monday-night showdown. The game went to overtime and the Packers got the ball first. On third-and-four from the Minnesota 43, Green Bay’s Brett Favre lofted a pass to Antonio Freeman, who got tangled with defender Cris Dishman and hit the ground. The ball bounced off Dishman, and Freeman, with his back on the ground, grabbed it and watched Dishman run by. Still untouched, Freeman got up and ran 15 yards into the end zone for the game-winning score."
:viksux:

oh antonio, why did you go to the iggles, why why why....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI"]YouTube - Amazing Antonio Freeman Catch[/ame]

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The person who uploaded that video to youtube could've done us all a favor and edited out stupid Dennis Miller's stupid commentary. "Get out the blow drier, it's done!" WTF?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Man, I've looked everywhere for the video with the Al Michaels call. Thanks for posting it.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm just now realizing it, I've seen that a million times, but what a STUPID throw by Favre. :icon_lol:

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Ahh, it still brings a smile to my face every time I watch it. I also enjoy the look on Green's face and only wish that there were a shot of the look on Dishman's face when he finally realized what happened.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could and nevre will understand what's the big deal about that lucky catch. First I'm surprised #4 was not intercepted.he just tossed it up for grabs and hoped for a completion. That has to be the luckiest catch ever,,,,not the best

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The person who uploaded that video to youtube could've done us all a favor and edited out stupid Dennis Miller's stupid commentary. "Get out the blow drier, it's done!" WTF?
If you were there, you would understand that comment. It rained the entire game, and temp was just over freezing...very miserable.

That play happened right in front of me...at that time my tickets were on the 5 yard line, 5 rows up. Twice in that video (32 sec & 2:48 ) the camera spanned the fans, & I'm surely in it, although I can't spot myself.

I still remember vividly, Dishman clenching his fist in the air, as Free was getting up...bet he got an *** chewing LOL!

To this day, that was the most exciting play I've ever scene that close to the action.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't there but I certainly remember. Miller's comment was still stupid. This clip, which I hadn't seen in a while, reminded me of that. Thank goodness he's out of the booth and now Kornheiser's gone too!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I could and nevre will understand what's the big deal about that lucky catch. First I'm surprised #4 was not intercepted.he just tossed it up for grabs and hoped for a completion. That has to be the luckiest catch ever,,,,not the best

I will agree that it was lucky that Dishman didn't turn that gift from Favre into a pick-6. Then, it was luck that the ball ended up "floating" on Freeman's helmet for a while.

But, the luck element stops there. Gotta give Freeman some credit as well. He showed a bit of football awareness to realize it was a live ball. Then, a bit of athletism by flipping the ball, which was an inch off the ground, into his body for the catch. And finally, the quickness to get up, juke a Viking out of his shorts, and make a run for the TD.

I think the crazy luck coupled with Freeman's play is what makes this a big deal.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
One lucky bounce, and the rest was Freeman making a great play. So yes luck was involved, but yes it was still a great play.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts