Packer DVDs weekend

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a deep freeze here on the east coast wind temps in the 30's and strong winds. Sitting back looking at old games of the past. Enjoying watching players of the past win or lose, it's Packers archives for me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was watching some older games from the 90's that I had converted from VHS to DVD.

The game itself was hugely different. Know what? I MISS that game. First off, the games then looked like football I played, not Madden football. I used to compare the game to a Chess match with human pieces. I don't feel comfortable making that comparison anymore. Perhaps a game of Keep Away.

It's interesting to note that commercials for trucks has not changed at all. An announcer with a manly-man deep voice as the loud sound of metal being bolted together hammers away in the background.

I miss the old game. Defenses were allowed to defend. Every other play was not flagged for holding... A hit was a hit not followed up by Joe Buck pontificating.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a deep freeze here on the east coast wind temps in the 30's and strong winds. Sitting back looking at old games of the past. Enjoying watching players of the past win or lose, it's Packers archives for me.
Thanks for the idea! I am looking for ways to pass the time as the WI quarantine continues. Not that I plan on going anywhere anyway.....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching some older games from the 90's that I had converted from VHS to DVD.

The game itself was hugely different. Know what? I MISS that game. First off, the games then looked like football I played, not Madden football. I used to compare the game to a Chess match with human pieces. I don't feel comfortable making that comparison anymore. Perhaps a game of Keep Away.

It's interesting to note that commercials for trucks has not changed at all. An announcer with a manly-man deep voice as the loud sound of metal being bolted together hammers away in the background.

I miss the old game. Defenses were allowed to defend. Every other play was not flagged for holding... A hit was a hit not followed up by Joe Buck pontificating.
I agree with much of that except Chevy commercials have changed. Bob Seger, Like a Rock vs. Steam,Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.

Bob for the win and it's not even close. though any truck from today is far beyond any truck from back then.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I agree with much of that except Chevy commercials have changed. Bob Seger, Like a Rock vs. Steam,Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.

Bob for the win and it's not even close. though any truck from today is far beyond any truck from back then.

Bob for the win! :tup:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're looking for some high quality games on DVD you can purchase the 10-pack of Green Bay Packers greatest games on Yahoo, including Super Bowl 31. There are a couple of games on there that a wouldn't qualify as top 10 games and they all predate the Rodgers era but it's still a pretty good collection. Amazon also has the Road to Super Bowl 45 with all four postseason games from 2010.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh Mondio did you HAVE to mention those Bod Seeger Like a Rock commercials? It has taken years of expensive therapy to get those out of my head. Ironically, I originally loved the commercials. I had liked the song, and it was SOOOOOO American and patriotic. But it was too much of a good thing and seemed to go on for years, like the creative people at Chevy had gone on a multi-year sabbatical. Ah well, back to therapy. Thanks again Mondio......

Members online

Latest posts