Pack winless in Buffalo

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the 2nd time this season the Pack is going into an opponrnts territory where they have never won.
The Packers have visited Buffalo four times and have lost all four.
We went into Miami never having beat the Dolphins there and pulled out a win.
The Packers should pull out their 1st win in Buffalo this Sunday.
Streaks are made to be broken.

Twistidfunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills fan here.

I have been reading some of the posts here and a lot of you do not think the packers will win this game for some reason. Forget about Buffalo playin at home. It doesn't matter where we play. We are on a skid and it seems to be getting worse.

I watched some of the packers game last week and Favre is coming around. I marvel at an offense that can put up 30 points. We haven't done that offensively in prob 2 years against the ninners with Drew Deadslow.

Some of you are worried about our defense! This, I had to LMAO. We can not stop the run and this lil cover -2 experiment our coaches are trying to bring over form the Bears is a disaster in it's infancy. I expect Fvre to pick on Terrence Mcgee as he has been for every game this season. Burned he will be with 2 safeties watchin his back.

Your rookie wide out will prob have 2 TD's. no joke. I think this Bills team is that bad. There is no heart on this team. No fight. No will to win.

I am a die hard Bills fan since '86 but these are the worst days I can remember as a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

With that said, it is any given sunday. IF the Bills can work Willis McGahee on a re-adjusted o-line then you guys might have some problems. JP is a disaster right now so I don't expect him to drop back too often. From what I understand your D is kinda suspect except for Al Harris and your DE's. GB and this Kampman fella I never heard of until this season.

I think you guys will put up 30+. The question is can we? I do not think we are capable based on what junk the Bills display on offense this season.

Packers 34 BIlls 17.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills fan here.

I have been reading some of the posts here and a lot of you do not think the packers will win this game for some reason. Forget about Buffalo playin at home. It doesn't matter where we play. We are on a skid and it seems to be getting worse.

I watched some of the packers game last week and Favre is coming around. I marvel at an offense that can put up 30 points. We haven't done that offensively in prob 2 years against the ninners with Drew Deadslow.

Some of you are worried about our defense! This, I had to LMAO. We can not stop the run and this lil cover -2 experiment our coaches are trying to bring over form the Bears is a disaster in it's infancy. I expect Fvre to pick on Terrence Mcgee as he has been for every game this season. Burned he will be with 2 safeties watchin his back.

Your rookie wide out will prob have 2 TD's. no joke. I think this Bills team is that bad. There is no heart on this team. No fight. No will to win.

I am a die hard Bills fan since '86 but these are the worst days I can remember as a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

With that said, it is any given sunday. IF the Bills can work Willis McGahee on a re-adjusted o-line then you guys might have some problems. JP is a disaster right now so I don't expect him to drop back too often. From what I understand your D is kinda suspect except for Al Harris and your DE's. GB and this Kampman fella I never heard of until this season.

I think you guys will put up 30+. The question is can we? I do not think we are capable based on what junk the Bills display on offense this season.

Packers 34 BIlls 17.

Well........at least you can keep a positive attitude about it :wink:

Believe me...teams like the Packers AND Bills are capable of losing to anyone. It will come down to execution.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed Bill's Fan's line of thinking here. I didn't realize that things were going so badly in Buffalo. But then, I figured it would come to this sooner or later. **** Jauron was not an inspired choice as head coach. And the upper management is like in their 80s or 90s.

The Bills' biggest strength appears to be running the football with McGahee, but that plays into the strength of the Packers' defense, which is defending the run. So if they can play to a stalemate with the Bills running game and force Losman to throw, the Packers should have the advantage.

I wonder what happened to the Bills defense. They were pretty good as recently as the beginning of last season.

Oh, by the way, to answer Mike_Donnelly's question, this is the year that the NFC North plays the AFC East. The divisions rotate playing against each other every four years. The NFC North is also playing the NFC West this year.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills Fan:

Thanks for the post. I hope things start looking up for your boys...but not until this weekend's game is in the books:).

TM

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were good enough to beat the Dolphins at home then i think we are good enough to win in Buffalo. But hey nothin is close to being set in stone in the NFl anything can happen. Just gotta see how it all plays out.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough to see the Bills struggling when you appreciate good football towns like Buffalo. I was rooting for the Bills during all of the Flutie vs. R. Johnson drama several years ago - I was a big Flutie fan. That's not to say he was necessarily better than RJ, but I really liked his style and his attitude, like a breath of fresh air for awhile. But of course that didn't last.
These are lean years indeed for the Bills.

The problem is, as you said, "any given Sunday.." these are the kinds of games that make you nervous, when an underachieving team might suddenly decide to come out and play. At home, in front of the crowd, just one big turnover or something might energize them.

With that said, I think the packers will pay smart and are in an excellent position to get the win. Unlike the game vs. the Eagles or even the Rams, there should be no attitude of needing to gamble or shoot the lights out.

Twistidfunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not impressed with Jauron one bit. I have a college buddy who is a Bears fan, and he basically gave me the low down on him.

So far I am not impressed. I was excited Levy was back though. Donahue our old GM was a complete disaster.

Losman has the ability to shine but he just doesn't do it. He makes some amazing plays but he is never consistent. Some of his interceptions are directly to a linebacker? WTF? It is frustrating these past few years. I thought last year was the lowest of the lows but I think we are headin even deeper.

I can see why you guys would be nervous though. Teams like ours are a crap shoot. You never know what you will get on Sunday. However, I kind of follow the Packers and you guys are improving, a lot more than we are.

McGahee is the only thing we got. Lee Evans is a great receiver but he is no #1. None of our receivers seem to get open in time for JP. That and our o-line is a revolving door basically means we have no air attack. We have no TE's, and we never use them.

I don't know what to say except we look like absolute crap. I have no hope to win this game but I always watch waiting to be surprised. At my bar, we cheer for 1st downs as if they were touchdowns. Pretty fun actually. Nothin else to do but get rowdy over the little things.

I will enjoy watching Favre, always loved him as a QB. That will probably be the best part of the game, watching Favre. haHa!

We do have a decent kicker though, so watch out! And our punter is our MVP. Yes, our Punter, Brian Moorman. I know I know, a punter. He will pin ya deep!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say I'm upset with your assessment as I'll be at the game this weekend and would be really happy to see the Packers come home with a win.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the bills have had some suspect drafting lately and little success lately. but i never put anything past the home team.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, TOP....kid is playing lights out. Still, could have gotten him lower, but nonetheless a great pick where he was taken.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they got it right this year though. Donte Whitner might be the best defensive player in the draft this year.

Incorrect Sir!!

Whitner has 45 tackles 28 solo and 17 assists(3rd on team). 1 INT 2 passes defensed and zero sacks.

A.J. Hawk has 52 tackles 36 solo and 17 assists(1st on team). 4 passes defensed and 2.5 sacks.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Bills have the ball:
The Bills have the 28th ranked passing offense(29th overall).
The Packers have the worst passing defense(27th overall).
One of them will improve but they appear closely matched.

When the Packers have the ball:
The Packer Offense is 11th in passing, 8th in rushing, 9th overall.
The Bills Defense is 14th against the pass, 17th against the rush and 15th overall.
Advantage Packers.

Kick teams
Kick offs
Green Bay 8th in kickoffs 6th in touchbacks
Buffalo 29 in kickoffs and 29th in touchbacks.
Returns allowed GB 9th Buffalo 26th.
Returns Buffalo 7th Green Bay 25th.
Advantage Green Bay.

Punting
Green Bay 3rd in gross average, 25th in net ave., last for inside the 20.
Buffalo 18th in gross average, 5th in net ave., 8th for punts inside the 20.
Returns Packers 14th and Buffalo 17th.
Advantage Buffalo

The Bills have rested during their bye week and are at home.
Intagibles favor the Bills.

On paper it looks like a close game.
If you are going to bet I would recommend betting the over.
The over/under is 40.5 points
Bills Offense scores 14.3 a game but the Packer D is weak.
Packer Offense scores 21.7 on average but the Bills are 21st in points allowed.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I think they got it right this year though. Donte Whitner might be the best defensive player in the draft this year.

Incorrect Sir!!

Whitner has 45 tackles 28 solo and 17 assists(3rd on team). 1 INT 2 passes defensed and zero sacks.

A.J. Hawk has 52 tackles 36 solo and 17 assists(1st on team). 4 passes defensed and 2.5 sacks.

You know they play different positions right? Pretty hard to compare a linebacker's stats to a safety's.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills used the bye week to revamp the "0" line. The Pack has changed things up by using the nickel almost exclusively on passing downs and has been getting more effective results when blitzing the LB's.

Hopefully we will throw enough different looks at this new line and get to their QB. He's not the most nimble guy in the world.

If our run game continues to roll we will win this game. We keep our offense on the field and wear them down we will discourage their "D" like last week.

Miami's "D" was very frustrated by the end of that game. Run hard guys!