Pack vs Saints Week 7 Noon

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
it was effectively cancelled with 6:58 left in the first qtr 10-15-17. the rest of the season is setting up draft position. ;)

I have a feeling this is going to remind me of the 80's and early 90's, when I was only keeping an eye on the worst teams in the NFL and pulling for them to win, so the Packers draft stock would go up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I also think some fans are waiting to hear news out of Green Bay that the GOAT showed up at practice with his right arm in a sling but was taking one handed snaps and throwing really well with his left arm. ;)

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think some fans are waiting to hear news out of Green Bay that the GOAT showed up at practice with his right arm in a sling but was taking one handed snaps and throwing really well with his left arm. ;)
This is my chuckle of the day. Didn't see the ending coming but nearly messed up my tablet screen.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This game will be the first test of just how valuable #12 was to the Green Bay Packers. If Hundley and the Packer offense has a poor showing and the defense continues as is, I would predict a loss. After that, it will be a question of how many games does Hundley need to get comfortable as an NFL starter. If he was a 1st or 2nd year guy or new to the Packers system, I would say you can't draw conclusions right away. However, given that this is his 3rd year with the Packers, his knowledge of the Playbook should be spot on and it will come down to a test of just how good he is or isn't over the next month, but we should know a lot more by the end of the season.

So maybe it will be 2 tests. How valuable AR is to the Packers and how good is Brett Hundley?

I expect pretty much what we saw on Sunday with Hundley, but hope that just like many starting QB's he eventually shines and becomes the one silver lining out of this whole mess, excellent trade bait before the 2018 draft.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Knowing AR, if there's even a slight chance that he can take the field again this season, he's going to give every effort to make sure it happens (assuming of course the team is still in contention)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Knowing AR, if there's even a slight chance that he can take the field again this season, he's going to give every effort to make sure it happens (assuming of course the team is still in contention)

That being the key. Call me a pessimist, but it is pretty obvious to me just how valuable AR has been to the Packers, I don't realistically expect the Packers to be in the playoffs by the time #12 is ready to go again. I also wouldn't want to see him rushed back like Romo was and let this become a career threatening type of injury. The next month will be very telling as to the future of the 2017 Packers, I predict it ends without AR playing.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is a very winnable game IMO the way things are shaping up. It really depends on who plays. I believe this roster is better then there getting credit for and I am sure that is being used as firepower with Packer coaching staff to get these guys ready. The Saints have flaws on there roster like everyone else and I am leery of making a dome team on the road in the rain a big favorite here. I know they won on the road at Carolina but historically these Saints aren't world beaters on the road. Once again I believe its going to come down to who plays but early injury report is encouraging. If we can pull out a win here I think we will be in good shape.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Saints are 8th in yards per drive, 6th in points per drive, and 9th in drive success rate (the % of series that result in a 1D or a TD). Their defense is 24th, 16th, and 20th respectively.

Traditionally they are much worse on the road, however we don't yet have a great sample size for that this season. On 3 away games, they're averaging 24.3 PPG and on two home games, they're averaging 36.

Their defense seems pretty reliant on turnovers and field position. They're 5th in TO's per drive, and 5th in starting field position.

If the Packers can protect the ball, they should be able to move the offense.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB was barely winning games with Rodgers. He was good enough to overcome the rest of the team's shortfalls (mediocre defense at best, and not much of a running game). Hundley doesn't look bad, but he's no Rodgers. I don't see GB winning many more games this season...

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the saints...are 5 point favorites...at Lambeau. smh

Is that SMH that they're favorites? Or that it's only by 5?

I'll say this, our one hope of winning this Sunday is that their bad defense shows up. If they play like they did against Miami and for 3 quarters against Detroit, we'll likely be in trouble. If they're still reeling from that 4th quarter stinko and keep that up in Lambeau this Sunday, we just might beat them.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to remind me of the 80's and early 90's, when I was only keeping an eye on the worst teams in the NFL and pulling for them to win, so the Packers draft stock would go up.

So we could draft Bruce Clark. Yep, I'm old.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So we could draft Bruce Clark. Yep, I'm old.

Or Tony Mandarich! :eek: I remember that year REALLY well. All we had to do was lose the last game of the year and we get the #1 pick and Troy Aikman. Instead, we win and get Mandarich!!

The silver lining of all that, that would have changed the whole future of the Packers. Favre probably would never have been a Packer, nor probably Rodgers. So it all worked out just fine! But goddddd......Tony Mandarich!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Saints defense from the last three games.

Passing defense

62/113 54.9% 660 yards. 5.8 yards per attempt. 3 TD's 7 Interceptions. 13 sacks. 55.2 passer rating for the teams they played.

Rushing defense.

56 attempts for 256 yards 4.6 average. 1 TD.

Hundley and the Packers have their his work cut out.

Latest posts