Pack vs Saints Week 7 Noon

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
With the loss of Arron Rodgers do the Pack have a chance against Dree Brees..

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on how the week goes but I have a feeling that Hundley may surprise some of us and play quite well

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on how the week goes but I have a feeling that Hundley may surprise some of us and play quite well
Yea gotta get that full week in with the rest of the first team offense. He will play better next week for sure as hes not coming in cold on a sec notice.

Gotta believe that the system will work for him like it did with Matt Flynn.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think so, I’d say around a 9% chance of winning, and not because of hundley being our stating qb, but because our defense is atrocious.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He might, but I don't trust our D going up against Drew Brees. He might not run 52 on us like he did Detroit, but I'm banking in more than 30. Rodgers could play shootout with him. I don't think Hundley can though.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... that's what it's gonna have to be anyways right?

No Oline to pass block or run block...
A TE who can't consistently catch
An inconsistent Run Defense
No cornerbacks who can cover or tackle

3 very good wide receivers and an above average #4 WR
2 Pro Bowl caliber safeties who have to often times "mask" the weaknesses we have at CB
1 All Pro type DE in Mike Daniels

Might as well just air it out and let Hundley loose every week! He showed he has the arm to do it, got nothing to lose

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might, but I don't trust our D going up against Drew Brees. He might not run 52 on us like he did Detroit, but I'm banking in more than 30. Rodgers could play shootout with him. I don't think Hundley can though.

2-3 of the Saints TDs were defensive. Brees was still good though

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
2-3 of the Saints TDs were defensive. Brees was still good though

That doesnt really bold well for us if Hundley isnt exactly on point with his throws...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's psychological. You can't expect any rookie to play well if he's expecting to get hit on every other play.

+ MM should design plays with quick short throws. Maybe more screen pass plays.
+ More lateral cross routes cutting across the middle to exploit gaps between defenders rather than go for the long throws.
+ Use Marty exclusively for blocking. It's not like he's catching lightning!
+ Get Rip on the field. We're not opening any holes for the RBs anyways. So may as well use Rip to add to block/screen.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's psychological. You can't expect any rookie to play well if he's expecting to get hit on every other play.

+ MM should design plays with quick short throws. Maybe more screen pass plays.
+ More lateral cross routes cutting across the middle to exploit gaps between defenders rather than go for the long throws.
+ Use Marty exclusively for blocking. It's not like he's catching lightning!
+ Get Rip on the field. We're not opening any holes for the RBs anyways. So may as well use Rip to add to block/screen.

They tried many screens today and they all failed miserably. It was likely due not have 3 non starters in there.

Maybe they'll get it fixed up by next week.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's at home and that Saints defense doesn't scare anyone... it's not near the same level as the Vikings defense so...

who knows?

annuvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect for Drew Brees, the Saints are in decline. If the defense that played against the Seahawks on Week 1 shows up, we definitely have a chance.

I'm hoping we at least put up a fight as I am taking the wife to Lambeau next weekend and would really like her to experience a win in the home stadium. My fear is that Hundley isn't any better than Tolzien was when he filled in for Rodgers. Despite the decline the Saints may have seen over the last couple of seasons, Brees is still more than capable of putting points on the board. Our D is going to need to step up their game drastically if we expect to compete with his average of 29.4 points per game.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect for Drew Brees, the Saints are in decline. If the defense that played against the Seahawks on Week 1 shows up, we definitely have a chance.

I'm hoping we at least put up a fight as I am taking the wife to Lambeau next weekend and would really like her to experience a win in the home stadium. My fear is that Hundley isn't any better than Tolzien was when he filled in for Rodgers. Despite the decline the Saints may have seen over the last couple of seasons, Brees is still more than capable of putting points on the board. Our D is going to need to step up their game drastically if we expect to compete with his average of 29.4 points per game.

A lot of the Saints O is benefited also due to the fact that they play inside in a dome

Being outside gives us an edge

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the Saints O is benefited also due to the fact that they play inside in a dome

Being outside gives us an edge

After looking at the 10 day report. The weather next Sunday is high of 67 with a current Precipitation % of 60. So typical Fall Green Bay weather...

Swisspacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the loss of Arron Rodgers do the Pack have a chance against Dree Brees..

Yes, the Packers have a chance! Hundley has now a week to get into the system. Everyone is now hysterical about that but we have to calm down and trust Hundley. For sure, its a worst case scenario with rodgers but we can't change the fact that he's injured. The only thing we can do is trust in the Team, the coaches and in the Staff. Trust them!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is going to have to change it's identity that's for sure. We have too many good players individually on defense to not force 3 and outs against a back up QB and a less than stellar offense in MN. I know our offense wasn't helping them out much, but come on. I'm not saying the defense is great, but we have plenty of good players to be good.

I really hope Hundley improves, but i wasn't sold after his rookie preseason and this past preseason impressed me less. He was being prepared to start those games and he didn't respond well. Often he didn't have 1's on the oline to go with, but that's the case now too, except they aren't even #2's at their positions either. I don't recognize anyone but the center these days. It's an uphill climb to say the least. If winning were easy, it wouldn't be as enjoyable I guess.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees may set a single game record for passing yards, touchdowns, and completions this game. I mean this in all seriousness people.

This team just went from must see tv with Rodgers at the helm, to all their remaining primetime games being cxld because no one outside of Packer fans is going to wanna watch the Packers..heck a dozen of us in here don't wanna watch them now..including myself.

It's sad how they don't do one single thing really good on either side of the ball with virtually the same coaching staff for years. This team is going to be hard to watch smh.

Saints 35 Packers 13

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Brees may set a single game record for passing yards, touchdowns, and completions this game. I mean this in all seriousness people.

This team just went from must see tv with Rodgers at the helm, to all their remaining primetime games being cxld because no one outside of Packer fans is going to wanna watch the Packers..heck a dozen of us in here don't wanna watch them now..including myself.

It's sad how they don't do one single thing really good on either side of the ball with virtually the same coaching staff for years. This team is going to be hard to watch smh.

Saints 35 Packers 13
Man you would think that with Brees setting all of those records he would be able to muster more than just 35 points. :rolleyes: