Overall Graft Grades, PF "experts"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on recent history of the NFL, rookie WR's typically don't contribute *that* much. They really start to develop in years 2 and 3. Just like what we saw from Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Jennings, Jones, etc.

We will see it with one of the 3 rooks from last year too.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
no, I mac,
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

it's the has the latest mouse

but it's the ads, i have zero issues anywhere else and it's the bright roll ad for sure. Everytime it pops up, my cursor goes away and I have to move it back over to the reply box. I just had it happen with a lexus ad too. It's not all of them, but there are certain ones.

only been going on for a week or 2.
I have an I phone but a MS PC, so not really familiar with the iMac. However, I was having the same issue on my PC and couldn't figure it out. One day I miss typed something and my issue was resolved. I basically hit CTRL + which expanded the view of the page and knocks that crap off my screen. So if you know how to expand your screen view on your iMac, try that?

If that doesn't work, Shaggy won't like this, but you can get ad block programs, not sure what is out there for Mac's though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Based on recent history of the NFL, rookie WR's typically don't contribute *that* much. They really start to develop in years 2 and 3. Just like what we saw from Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Jennings, Jones, etc.

We will see it with one of the 3 rooks from last year too.

My bold prediction is that it will be J'mon Moore who had the biggest breakout. He was pretty advanced last year for a rookie until it came to the actual catching of the football. If he gets that under control, he will surprised some people.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bold prediction is that it will be J'mon Moore who had the biggest breakout. He was pretty advanced last year for a rookie until it came to the actual catching of the football. If he gets that under control, he will surprised some people.
of the three WR noobs last season he was the worst. it would take quite a camp/preseason to undo that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I tend to agree and I would be more concerned if it was a route running or learning the playbook thing. I think all 3 of last years rookies are going to be better after one year under their belts. Pretty sure the Packers think the same or there is no way they go into 2019 with just Adams and Allison, who himself still needs a full season to prove himself.

Gute grabbed 3 tall, athletic WR's in the 2018 draft, they may not have been as polished as the 14 guys who came off the board before Moore, but I think there is something there.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
of the three WR noobs last season he was the worst. it would take quite a camp/preseason to undo that.

He got the least amount of playing time because he struggled so horribly with concentration drops. He was "the best" of the three at a lot of things-- particularly at getting open. So I'm saying that if he gets the drops issue under control, he could surprise some people.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
up until the critical point of actually catching the ball, I thought he was way ahead of the other guys. i saw someone stole my line from last year, but he was the best guy on the field in the preseason not named Adams. Of course up until it was time to make the catch. His routes, his breaks, going back to the ball, etc, he looked like a pro, not a rookie. but it's all for naught if he doesn't secure the catch.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I tend to agree and I would be more concerned if it was a route running or learning the playbook thing. I think all 3 of last years rookies are going to be better after one year under their belts. Pretty sure the Packers think the same or there is no way they go into 2019 with just Adams and Allison, who himself still needs a full season to prove himself.

Gute grabbed 3 tall, athletic WR's in the 2018 draft, they may not have been as polished as the 14 guys who came off the board before Moore, but I think there is something there.

Gute may also understand that in a league where the rules tilt everything in favor of the passing offense, investing lots of premium resources in wide receivers isn't the best use of draft capital or cap room.

Obviously better receivers are better than worse receivers, but it's perhaps the most overrated position in the sport. You had better solidify your QB, OL, and defense before adding peripheral weapons like backs and wide outs.

Reaction score
Gute may also understand that in a league where the rules tilt everything in favor of the passing offense, investing lots of premium resources in wide receivers isn't the best use of draft capital or cap room.
Or he just knew he spent 3 draft picks last year and has Kumerow that each have solid potential. He may just prefer not to cover up a good thing there on talent.

Having Aaron Rodgers at QB makes everyone around him look better than they are. Once again it’s a huge testament to Aaron when we go out and spend roughly 1,900 draft points at Defense and 700 at Offense after spending 100+M on defense in FA.

One day soon, I’m going to add up all the draft points on O vs D for the Pack going back since Rodgers was a starter. I’ll also include the contract dollars spent in FA on both sides of the ball during the same time frame to be fair. I think people would be absolutely shocked how much we put this team squarely on his shoulders. I’m not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing, I’ll bet on AR every time but a bit more balance going forward is absolutely warranted.

I’d pay to have a chart of all 32 teams ranking the resources given per phase (O vs D) over that time period.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One day soon, I’m going to add up all the draft points on O vs D for the Pack going back since Rodgers was a starter. I’ll also include the contract dollars spent in FA on both sides of the ball during the same time frame to be fair. I think people would be absolutely shocked how much we put this team squarely on his shoulders. I’m not saying that’s necessarily a bad thing, I’ll bet on AR every time but a bit more balance going forward is absolutely warranted.

I’d pay to have a chart of all 32 teams ranking the resources given per phase (O vs D) over that time period.

I would LOVE to see that. My gut is, the Packers would lead the league in draft capital spent on the defense in the last 8 or so drafts, but not money. Just looking at the drafts over that time and what the Packers spent in picks on defense makes my stomach turn, especially when you factor in they haven't gotten much better.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously better receivers are better than worse receivers, but it's perhaps the most overrated position in the sport. You had better solidify your QB, OL, and defense before adding peripheral weapons like backs and wide outs.
I like this philosphy. Gute does seem to be bringing in bigger guys on the defensive line. If you have solid OL and DL, your skill players are going to perform a lot better, and you're going to be tough to beat.

TXPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Grading" starts at 40:47.
I respect a lot of this guy's work, and for those upset about the Gary pick (I was one til I gave it more thought) he nails how GB should and probably will use him to make him a star.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I respect a lot of this guy's work, and for those upset about the Gary pick (I was one til I gave it more thought) he nails how GB should and probably will use him to make him a star.

"Green Bay absolutely CRUSHED this draft". A non-Packer homer rating the Packer and Jaguars as having the top drafts. Telling Packer fans that hated this class, "dont, they killed it"

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
B- draft. The first round (not trading out of 12 and trading up to 21) is what killed my draft grade. Still, I'm overall happy with the picks and trust the front office & coaches that they know way more than any of us.

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every Packer fan should hear this! Especially the ones who hate this draft class.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really mad Gutekunst didn't draft a safety from a powerhouse like Bethune-Cookman :rolleyes:

That was in the 2nd round with no trade up. But either way Savage was one of my favorite players in the draft and my favorite safety. I was hoping the could get him at #44 but like Dante's as the draft got closer I started to realize he was gonna have to be the pick at 30. Didn't see the trade up coming but it is a possibility that he was gonna be the Ravens selection despite the fact they signed Earl Thomas in free agency. Pairing Thomas with Savage would of been a ridiculous combo

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That was in the 2nd round with no trade up. But either way Savage was one of my favorite players in the draft and my favorite safety. I was hoping the could get him at #44 but like Dante's as the draft got closer I started to realize he was gonna have to be the pick at 30. Didn't see the trade up coming but it is a possibility that he was gonna be the Ravens selection despite the fact they signed Earl Thomas in free agency. Pairing Thomas with Savage would of been a ridiculous combo
Gute was so open and convincing he knew savage gone at 30..

Reaction score
He was pretty advanced last year for a rookie until it came to the actual catching of the football.
I gave you an “agree” so you wouldn’t think I was picking at you. For a WR at the NFL level that should be a red flag :roflmao:

I also think J’mon was just dealing with the nuances of a new system and maybe some nerves. I think he will come around this year

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure where I heard this, but apparently the Packers are very pleased with JMons off season. He has been training hard and is in the best shape if his life. Let's hope training includes 2 hrs per day on the ***** machine.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trivia time.

How many 1st round draft picks has Rodgers lined up with on offense?

Got this on local sports radio.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers was the last offensive player, non-lineman, that the Packers selected in Round 1.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trivia time.

How many 1st round draft picks has Rodgers lined up with on offense?

Got this on local sports radio.

That we have drafted, or total?

If it's what we've drafted...just one? Bulaga. Not sure Sherrod ever played with Rodgers. There have been a lot of 2nd rounders though. For the majority of Rodgers career, he had very good talent around him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That we have drafted, or total?

If it's what we've drafted...just one? Bulaga. Not sure Sherrod ever played with Rodgers. There have been a lot of 2nd rounders though. For the majority of Rodgers career, he had very good talent around him.
Sherrod was selected in the first round (32nd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers.[2][3] He was the first Mississippi State Bulldog selected in the first round since Walt Harris and Eric Moulds in 1996.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cedric Benson played very briefly (5 games, 71 carries) with Rodgers in 2012, he was a 1st round pick.

So 3? Bulaga, Sherrod and Benson. Full time, that makes about 2/3's of a player. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts