OPTIMISTIC thread: My Off-season Master Plan to get us back on top

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank - I would love the Everson Griffen signing. That would be a TT-type signing. He's kind of an under the radar type guy because he plays behind Allen and B. Rob. But, he would be a terrific addition. He's huge, yet unbelievably athletic. So athletic that he was the gunner on punt coverage for the Vikes two seasons ago! That's insane for somebody his size. He would be a great replacement of Neal and also a potential DL rusher on sub-packages. We could run Griffen, Clay, D. Jones, Daniels, Perry out there to get after the QB. That's damn good!

My concern is that he's not (or at least shouldn't be) that unknown for personnel people in the league. If I remember correctly, MMQB ran an article touting Griffen and his season later this past season. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a relatively hot commodity. I can still foresee him getting a richer contract than people may think because of his potential.

And FWIW, he has a toddler son that lives in our area. My daughter's (who's the same age-ish) nanny is friends with Griffen's fiance. And by all accounts, Griffen seems like a nice guy (cue Tommy Boy voice).
That's some great inside info right there.

Not only is this a good and potentially stud player, young, at a position we could use upgrading, but taking him away from the Vikings, for once! Payback.

He only made $490K last year. I threw $13 million at him, perhaps it takes more, who knows.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And getting him out of Minnesota - thereby taking his toddler son away from my daughter - is a huge plus in my book! :) One fewer guy to worry about in the future! ha.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's some great inside info right there.

Not only is this a good and potentially stud player, young, at a position we could use upgrading, but taking him away from the Vikings, for once! Payback.

He only made $490K last year. I threw $13 million at him, perhaps it takes more, who knows.

Griffin will probably receive a big contract from someone based on similar guys receiving big paydays in the past.

Honestly I think this team make tremendous progress if it, God willing, just stays healthy. Some of us have wondered if we would have won against SF if Sam Shields doesn't go down. How about if Clay Matthews was healthy and playing as well?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Capologist
First of all, I thought this was a reference to Dom Capers...not the salary cap! :D

Frank - this is one of the best posts that you've ever done. I know that you called it the "optimistic" thread but IMO it's the realistic thread. You've got a pretty good handle on TT's style and you've laid out a good plan. Certainly there are more splashy ways of address the Packers' needs, but this is a good guess at our likely path.

Compliments out of the way, I'm not sold on Ra'shede Hageman. I've seen the highlight tapes, but as always they don't really measure up with the actual output. To me he's a slimmer BJ Raji in the sense that he disappears all too often in games. I went to every Gopher home game this year and watch almost all of the games on TV. I'm not sure that he will be the impact player that we all want, but more like Worthy - who was more of a disruptive player in college than Hageman.

I do really like the Griffen idea. The kid has played well and I'm sick of hearing Paul Allen (the worst announcer in pro/amateur sports) call his name. Allen says Griffen's name all of the time because he's been a solid contributor on that defense. He would add good value to our team.

As for TT's drafting strategy, he's done pretty well in the 3rd and 4th rounds compared to his predecessors. He's averaging close to 10 picks per draft which to me indicates that he's a believer in quantity versus perceived quality in terms of player acquisition. One interesting stat about Thompson is that he's been horrible in the 5th round. He's struck out on every pick unless you count Andrew Quarless - a serviceable backup who flashes potential but has yet to figure out the game.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I thought this was a reference to Dom Capers...not the salary cap! :D

Compliments out of the way, I'm not sold on Ra'shede Hageman. I've seen the highlight tapes, but as always they don't really measure up with the actual output. To me he's a slimmer BJ Raji in the sense that he disappears all too often in games. I went to every Gopher home game this year and watch almost all of the games on TV. I'm not sure that he will be the impact player that we all want, but more like Worthy - who was more of a disruptive player in college than Hageman.

As for TT's drafting strategy, he's done pretty well in the 3rd and 4th rounds compared to his predecessors. He's averaging close to 10 picks per draft which to me indicates that he's a believer in quantity versus perceived quality in terms of player acquisition. One interesting stat about Thompson is that he's been horrible in the 5th round. He's struck out on every pick unless you count Andrew Quarless - a serviceable backup who flashes potential but has yet to figure out the game.

I agree with Hageman. I'm not a ticket holder and didn't watch every game, but my general sense from watching a lot of them was similar to this take. He just didn't dominate the way you would want from a first-rounder. I just have my worries about him. But, he could pan out well too.

TT balances his 5th round failures with a stellar 4th round: Sitton, Lang, and Bak.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank - this is one of the best posts that you've ever done. I know that you called it the "optimistic" thread but IMO it's the realistic thread. You've got a pretty good handle on TT's style and you've laid out a good plan.

Thanks El Guapo

I have not gone to every -or any- Gophers home game this year like you have, so you have more insight than I do there.

I have listened to and read a lot about him from various scouts and analysts.
He's not a perfect player, at that size he would be rated above JaDaveon Clowney if he was. Sure-fire top-3 pick.

Let's look at some analysis of the player:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664241/rashede-hageman
Overview
They don't come much more physically imposing than Hageman, whose broad shoulders, long arms and trim waist have generated comparisons from J.J. Watt to John Henderson.
Hageman's physical tools are exciting and his rise from a tough childhood is inspirational, but best of all is his DL versatility. Hagemen looks more like a modern day offensive tackle, possessing broad shoulders, long arms and a relatively trim waist. He remains a bit raw but possesses first round traits. (11/1/13)

Analysis
Strengths: Alternately lining up over the nose or as a three-technique, Hageman consistently pushes his counterparts deep into the backfield, demonstrating rare upfield burst for a man of his size, as well as impressive strength. A brute in the middle, combining excellent size and power to push blockers deep into the pocket.
Weaknesses: At times struggles to locate the football quickly, can appear a bit stiff changing directions and shows just average speed and determination in pursuit, despite being subbed often. Had two potential big tackles for losses negated by facemask penalties against Minnesota in 2013.

--Rob Rang

Here's a really good break down of Ra'Shede from Dan Hope over at B/R, prior to this past season.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1729956-breaking-down-2014-nfl-draft-prospect-rashede-hageman
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I like his maturity in this article quote from last year after he decided to stay in school and not enter the NFL Draft:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/183656151.html
"I feel like I'm not fully ready to take that next step." "Five sacks is OK, but I feel like I can do a lot better, especially in the running game. My pad level [needs work], so I can stop the run. And going full speed every play, too."
"Most kids come out early without a degree. I have one more year, so I might as well take advantage of that to graduate. That was definitely important."
"Five years ago, I was a knucklehead. I really didn't care [about academics]. But in my five years here, I've definitely matured."

He doesn't have eye-popping production, but he has some solid numbers. And remember, he's always double teamed when lining up in the middle like this.

When he's been one-on-one on the edge, he can be dominant.

2012 Highlights - Junior Season

Quick words from Russe Lande

More from NFL.com BUCKY BROOKS
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...m-dt-rashede-hageman-is-a-boomorbust-prospect
Film Room: DT Ra'Shede Hageman is a boom-or-bust prospect
In fact, I believe that Hageman could become a Pro Bowl-caliber five-technique (defender aligned over top of the offensive tackle) in the mold of Calais Campbell in a 3-4 defense. While he has only played a few snaps at the position, he is a natural fit with his length and athleticism. He is strong enough to be a "two-gap" player, while also displaying the agility to move on stunts and games. Additionally, Hageman's experience at the one- and three-technique would give him the versatility to play in the hybrid 3-4 schemes that are currently the rage in the NFL.

Based on his size, athleticism, versatility and overall potential, I believe Hageman will get drafted much higher than his film grade would suggest. While I would rate him as a second-round player (rotational player with the potential to start by the end of his first season), I believe several teams will view him as a late first-round talent based on his upside and potential.

Now here we see some info that suggests the STEELERS would LOVE to get him with their pick, at #15, but there's doubt whether he will be available by then.
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co.../2014-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-rashede-hageman
Hageman is as disruptive as any other prospect in the draft, and while some will argue over whether his highest and best position is a 3-technique defensive tackle in a 4-3 defense, or the 5-technique defensive end spot in a 3-4, what's obvious in watching him is a rare combination of strength and athleticism that would make him a steal at 15.

Odds are much more in favor of Hageman not being available at the 15th spot, and his upcoming workouts in the Senior Bowl as well as the NFL Scouting Combine will likely confirm that, but stranger things have happened, and one never knows which unheralded prospect will shoot up draft boards after those same workouts. Hageman could simply fall due to circumstantial reasons.

He's an outstanding prospect, one absolutely worthy of the 15th pick. But much like the early portion of draft speculation last year regarding Dion Jordon and Ziggy Ansah, he may simply prove himself too outstanding, and be chosen well before the Steelers are on the clock.

NFL Draft Scout has him rated the #1 DT, and #24 overall pick.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90219&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT
11/11/13 - TOP 10 SCARIEST PLAYERS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL:
#8. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota, DT:
The biggest Freak in the Big Ten, Hageman is a 6-6, 312-pound converted tight end who can still do 360 dunks and vertical jump 36 inches. That athleticism (and height/wingspan) causes all sorts of problems for offenses. This season, Hageman has 8.5 TFLs, blocked two blocked kicks and even picked off a pass. - Bruce Feldman, CBSSports.com

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEED to resign Shields and I think the O-line needs to be addressed earlier in the draft OR in F/A. Also, I think we are pretty set on W/R with Walker and White on the practice squad to go with Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, and maybe Jones if he is retained. Other than that I thought it was pretty solid... I would also be willing to bay Byrd the kind of money he wants if that means a Super Bowl. Call me crazy, but Ted needs to put the coffee down and spend the money on at least one quality F/A.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- He himself mentioned PAD LEVEL needs to improve.
I think that got McCarthy's attention already.

#2- Bucky Brooks doesn't LOVE him, but he sees a lot of Calais Campbell in him and he thinks he has Pro Bowl potential in our type of scheme.
Campbell had no sacks his rookie year.
But in the 5 seasons since, gets at least 7 every year.
Plus with that heighth and long arms and athletic ability, he's going to swat some passes down, maybe lead to some interceptions.

I bet he rises though thru the combine and workouts, and is gone before we pick at 21. Hope not.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weaknesses: .....and shows just average speed and determination in pursuit, despite being subbed often.
This is probably the one that always got to me. Our best DL wasn't playing three downs and it wasn't because of scheme. He was often on the sidelines and yet wasn't playing 100% on every play.

That was one of the big knocks in comparison to Clowney and others, was that he doesn't go full bore despite getting more rest than others.

I'm certainly not a college football scout and rarely pay attention to guys until they get into the NFL. When Eric Decker came out of the UofM, you could tell he would succeed in the NFL. Maybe Hageman will grow into the player that everyone sees, IDK. He certainly has a good life story and is a quality guy, but all I hear on these forums is essentially 'screw upstanding citizens lets get impact studs.'

Hageman would benefit from sitting on the bench and learning from guys like Pickett and Jolly. I actually hope that's what's happening with Worthy.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is probably the one that always got to me. Our best DL wasn't playing three downs and it wasn't because of scheme. He was often on the sidelines and yet wasn't playing 100% on every play.

That was one of the big knocks in comparison to Clowney and others, was that he doesn't go full bore despite getting more rest than others.

I'm certainly not a college football scout and rarely pay attention to guys until they get into the NFL. When Eric Decker came out of the UofM, you could tell he would succeed in the NFL. Maybe Hageman will grow into the player that everyone sees, IDK. He certainly has a good life story and is a quality guy, but all I hear on these forums is essentially 'screw upstanding citizens lets get impact studs.'

Hageman would benefit from sitting on the bench and learning from guys like Pickett and Jolly. I actually hope that's what's happening with Worthy.
Worthy seems so short..... never even notice him.
Doesn't get in passing lanes, affect the QB.... I like Hageman because like Watt, Peppers, Calais Campbell, he's a tough guy to have those arms swatting balls around for a passer.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I wanted to add Brian Orakpo (sure-fire stud OLB with Matthews would give us THE BEST pair of OLB), or safety Jairus Byrd, I know there's no way Ted will, or should he really, spend THAT kind of money on a FA right now.

I'm not a Capologist, but I will try and be as realistic as possible.

We all know we have a lot of our own UFA's right now.

HERE IS WHO WE DO RE-SIGN
  • Evan Dietrich-Smith, slightly below medium pay for starting C.
  • Matt Flynn, he has no other options, will be veteran minimum.
  • James Jones, already once tested free agency when younger. won't get huge interest again. good for us.
  • Johnny Jolly, his neck worry costs him $ and interest anywhere else. vet minimum 1-year deal.
  • John Kuhn, won't make as much as last contract, but he stays home.
  • Jamari Lattimore, minimum deal, might not make team next year.
  • Ryan Pickett, nobody else will offer the big old man a deal, so he stays home cheap, we need him.
  • Andrew Quarless, he's not very good, but he's the best we got now. Won't cost much.
  • James Starks, RB's aren't that hot of commodities, so won't be much competition if any for him.
  • CJ Wilson, he's just a body, and if he costs more than the vet minimum or close, he's gone.

HERE IS WHO IS GONE
  • BJ Raji
  • Sam Shields, we all want to keep him, he's great. But someone -Minnesota, Miami, Jax) will throw a HUGE offer his way.... we save that money to bring in some help elsewhere and keep more of our other guys.
  • Jermichael Finley, don't know that he will ever play again, but I suspect not for us again.
  • Chris Banjo
  • Khalil Bell
  • Robert Francois
  • MD Jennings
  • Mike Neal
  • Marshall Newhouse
  • Seneca Wallace
FREE AGENCY
Thompson saves the money on Shields and Raji, also gets Tramon to re-structure.

Teddy goes 2006 again on us, and brings in 2 good UFA's on defense. No day or even week-1 Gucci priced guys. But good values, and guys young enough to help for a good 5+ years like Woodson and Pickett did.

ILB Vincent Rey, Cincinnati Bengals. 6' 2", 247, age 26 :: 3-year, $8 million dollar deal.
What to do about Hawk and Brad Jones? Not sure, but they are weaknesses.
I like this guy.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6106/vincent-rey

OLB Everson Griffen, Minnesota Vikings. (Made $490K last year). 6' 3", 273 :: 4-year, $13 million
He's another tweener like a Mike Neal, Nick Perry. But, #1, he HAS produced, and #2, he's good.
He'll take the place of Neal, and bump Perry to #3 on the depth chart.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5615/everson-griffen

Safety Bernard Pollard, 6'1" 224 - Tennessee Titans :: 3 years, $10 million
He's a veteran at age 29. Not too old. 8 years younger than Woodson.
This guy has a physical presence. He will make the tackle, and he will intimidate. He also had 3 more interceptions this season than all Packer safeties combined. He made $1.9 mil this season.
I wanted TJ Ward, Donte Whitner, Jairus Byrd, bot those guys will be more expensive.
Pollard can be had cheaper.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3700/bernard-pollard

DRAFT:Then you know what we do in the DRAFT?
We take the true BEST PLAYER available.

We don't reach for the best safety or best DL or ILB or OLB because we have a hole there.
The HOLE is already filled, with a veteran who can come in and from day 1, knows how to play in the NFL.
Meanwhile, the rookie can learn and if he truly is the BEST player available, he will help us at whatever position he happens to be.

Here's how it happens to play out, remember, Ted Thompson is in charge of the draft.

Round 1- DE/DT Ra'shede Hageman, Minnesota:: 6' 6", 311

Round 2- ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin:: 5'11", 246

Round 3- Traded to New England for their two #4 Rd picks

Round 4- TE Arthur Lynch, Georgia:: 6'5"", 254

Round 4NE- CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma:: 6'0", 192

Round 4NE- S Craig Loston, LSU:: 6'1", 210

Round 4 Comp (Jennings)- WR Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss:: 6'2", 226

Round 5- OT Billy Turner, North Dakota St.:: 6'5", 310

Round 5 Comp (Walden)- DT/NT Ryan Carrethers, Arkansas St:: 6'1", 330

Round 6- WR L'Damian Washington, Missouri, 6'4", 208

Round 7- S Isaiah Newsome, Louisiana-Monroe:: 5'11", 220

Here's how our new DEFENSE would shape up.

DE/DT: Daniels, Hageman, DJones, Worthy, Wilson, Jolly*
NT: Pickett, Josh Boyd, Carrethers

In Hageman and Datone Jones, Capers now has his tall DE's for his ideal 3-4 DEs.
Daniels is effective from inside, something we've been looking for from Worthy. Third year a charm?
The big Beef is as good as this year as Carrethers replaces Raji for a fraction of the price. Jolly hopefully will be healthy enough to be back. Speaking of back, his back worry will keep his price down should he be able to still play.

OLB: Matthews, Griffen, Perry, Mulumba
ILB: Rey, Borland, Hawk, B Jones, Lattimore

I like Hawk and Jones. I just think they suck. Hawk is reliable, dependable, and average. Amazing he's the highest pick we've had since Tony Mandarich in 1989. Wow.
Brad Jones, I also like, but he's not an inside linebacker. That spot was Desmond Bishops. Jones was drafted as an outside linebacker with his edge pass rush being his specialty.

From the little we have seen in the NFL of Rey, I think he would beat out both of our soft vets.
And even though we've seen nothing in the NFL of Borland, I think this guy has "it". I think he's a smaller version of Luke Keuchly. He's everywhere. He's hyper. He just sniffs out the run. Has instincts. Something we don't see from the current ILB's. I believe the play of Borland will spark this defense, and people will say "Oh that's how an ILB is supposed to play the run in a 3-4 defense?!"

I have seen Everson Griffen and think he's what we hoped Perry would be.

Those top 3, all USC guys, would be great -IF healthy. Mulumba has some potential as we saw, but he should be the #4 guy.

Griffen, IMO, has a chance to be a stud. He's on the larger side like LaMarr Woodley.
I would love to steal a Viking back. Last time we got a guy on D from them, it was the GraveDigger.

CB- Tramon, House, Colvin
CB- Hayward, Hyde
S- Burnett, Richardson, Bush
S- Pollard, Loston

Draft & Develop...... As good as Hyde was this year, I expect him and House to both be better next year. House HAS to bulk up. Get to Seattle and find some of those SeAdderal supplements.

Of course, Hayward was no better in his 2nd year than his rookie year, because his hamstring was weak.

Richardson showed some good stuff, but he's not perfect either. At least he's physical.
So is Pollard. I believe he not only brings the physicality we are missing, but I think he will rub off on the other guys, and toughen them up a bit. Loston is a good player from a great defensive program at LSU.

Burnett has to be better than this year. Whether he needs to study more, or whatever, he has to be better. Getting a veteran next to him in Pollard, I think that will help Morgan out a lot.

On offense, don't forget we still have Jonathon Franklin and DuJuan Harris at our disposal.

Jermichael thinks he'll play again. I'd say that's about 50-50, and for us, seems doubtful. But I know he'd love to come back to Green Bay.

I think we have to keep James Jones. Number one, he won't be that costly at all. He didn't do much in his final game except not come up with the 2 big catches. He won't garner much interest, except perhaps from Minnesota haha. Not this time Vikings. They're set at WR enough finally they won't F with us. Same with Chicago. Jones is cheap enough he stays. Thankfully.
Number two, Jordy and Cobb will be due new contracts next season, and you have to be ready in case we lose one of them. Jones is important to us.

Our offensive line will get back OT Bryan Bulaga, and JC Tretter, who was a nice draft pick last year. Don't forget about him. He will help somewhere.

If we have an average (average for the league, not for us) year with injuries, I think we get to at least the NFC Title game, probably the Super Bowl.

If the Injury-Satan reverses the jinx on us, and we have the opposite health luck, like the 49ers, Philly, enjoyed this year, I see us going 15-1 like 2011, but with a good-great defense, we kick everyone's *** in the playoffs and beat Denver in the Super Bowl.

I think we will have to lose a few more guys to afford Cobb and Nelson.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about this guy at 6'4" and 315lbs, virtually the same as Hageman?

Oh wait, that's Justin Harrell. They all look good in the highlight photos!

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-9_16-41-32.jpeg
    upload_2014-1-9_16-41-32.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will have to lose a few more guys to afford Cobb and Nelson.
That's partly why I had to make the difficult choice to let Shields go, even though everyone wants to keep him.
It's not always about this year; have to keep an eye out for next year as well.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah good old Justine.
He was thicker, but not the athletic specimen Ra'Shede is. Nor as tall.

Ra'Shede is a much cooler name too.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

. . .

Yeah good old Justine.
He was thicker, but not the athletic specimen Ra'Shede is. Nor as tall.

Ra'Shede is a much cooler name too.

Justin Harrell was an amazing athlete. He was also very tough and dedicated. If it wasn't for an injury he would have been a tremendous player for the Packers. He unjustly gets a lot of flack for being a 'bust'.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell was an amazing athlete. He was also very tough and dedicated. If it wasn't for an injury he would have been a tremendous player for the Packers. He unjustly gets a lot of flack for being a 'bust'.
Dude got dealt a bad hand with his back problems. I feel bad for the guy, he never really got his chance to shine and then got ragged on for being a bust.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than that I thought it was pretty solid... I would also be willing to bay Byrd the kind of money he wants if that means a Super Bowl. Call me crazy, but Ted needs to put the coffee down and spend the money on at least one quality F/A.
We all want Sam back.
I'm just predicting some other teams want him worse than we do and they push his price tag up higher than Fiscally conscious Teddy is willing to pay.

The good news is we still were good enough to beat -almost- San Francisco without Shields. And A) We will get Casey Hayward back and B) We didn't have Matthews.

The other good news is the money saved on Shields will be able to pay a few other players instead of losing them.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re-sign Shields because he's my favorite player, resign some other guys, develop young players, sign free agents who could help without overpaying, address needs in the draft while still picking for value (see trading down for Lacy), and keep the cap happy.

There is not a free agent, trade, or amount of money that can guarantee a title. Keep the team a contender for years, make the playoffs again and again, and hopefully get hot and win it all a couple times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude got dealt a bad hand with his back problems. I feel bad for the guy, he never really got his chance to shine and then got ragged on for being a bust.

Rumor has it he got hurt 2nd season playing Wii...Or some other gaming system? No joke

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it he got hurt 2nd season playing Wii...Or some other gaming system? No joke
LOL. He got hurt lifting weights. He was doing power squats trying to outdo some of the other players. Something Rock Gullickson encouraged and probably led in part to his downfall.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Griffin will probably receive a big contract from someone based on similar guys receiving big paydays in the past.

Honestly I think this team make tremendous progress if it, God willing, just stays healthy. Some of us have wondered if we would have won against SF if Sam Shields doesn't go down. How about if Clay Matthews was healthy and playing as well?

Clay was perfectly healthy for 3 out of our 4 losses to the Niners.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay was perfectly healthy for 3 out of our 4 losses to the Niners.

First game of the season we lost by less than seven with a rook left tackle making his first start and missing our only decent safety. Last game we lost by three despite missing Clay Matthews, and the deciding moment happened because a 5 string cornerback gave up outside contain and then a gimpy 4 string OLB couldn't get to the sideline in time to force Kaep out of bounds. The last two games were close, don't pretend they weren't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts