Official week 4 pregame thread: Host the terrific tom-less New England Patriots

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mac Jones suffered what is believed to be a high ankle sprain. Brian Hoyer is the backup. Very winnable game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We're better than them. We'll win. More than 1 score.

Reaction score
Looking forward we really have a string of very winnable games. I see the Bills several weeks away as our next biggest threat.
Packers 27
Pats 13

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see statuses of Bakh, Lazard, Watson, Jaire, Myers and such before christening this one with a prediction. I feel good about it, but I could feel great depending.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never underestimate your opponent, especially when Bill Belichick is coaching them.

That said, Green Bay is at home and has the better team..If the focus is there, they should beat this team.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mac Jones suffered what is believed to be a high ankle sprain. Brian Hoyer is the backup. Very winnable game.
Just saw a report that Jones ankle sprain is very severe, and he is highly unlikely to play against the Packers and probably longer.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This can be another "get right" game, where MLF can get this offense dialed in more. The D should be able to shut down NE's Hoyer-led offense. The O needs to get a healthy lead and try some "new wrinkles" with young players to get them involved & having some successes. Wouldn't mind at all seeing a few series with Love behind center.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be closer than most of you think. New England is playing better football than I thought they would despite their record, and the Packers are still not hitting on all cylinders yet. Yes, a game they should win, but they will have to play a very good game to do so.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let us just win it. But realize the coach on the other sideline is no dummy. He has a lot of rings for a reason.

Reaction score
I’ll be pleased if we hold New England to less than our current 15 point against average. I’d be especially pleased if we hold them to single digits.
Brian Hoyer should be given some problems by our Defense. I’d be surprised if NE scores more than 17 points.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking that far ahead will have you 3-4 when that day comes...
He can look ahead as far as he wants as nothing he does will have any effect on the games. Assuming he isn't going psycho on the players or anything else that would hit the news cycles.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can look ahead as far as he wants as nothing he does will have any effect on the games. Assuming he isn't going psycho on the players or anything else that would hit the news cycles.

:) I know, comment was tongue-n-cheek not serious.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
New England has given up some points this year for sure. While the Packers are pretty stingy this season. Given that their starting QB is out I suspect they have a really hard time moving the ball. It is also supposed to be pleasant weather coming in at 70 degrees and sunny. The great equalizer shouldn't come into play.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is going to be closer than most of you think. New England is playing better football than I thought they would despite their record, and the Packers are still not hitting on all cylinders yet. Yes, a game they should win, but they will have to play a very good game to do so.
I agree. On paper, this should or could be a wipe out. And if the Packers play their game, I wouldn’t be surprised. But the Patriots have a very disciplined defense and, scoff at it all you want, but Hoyer has loads of experience in Belichick’s system. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see him look slightly better than Mac.

Man on man, the Packers are better. But a loss would put Belichick at 1-3. Somehow he always seems to find a way.

That said. Packers win it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I agree. On paper, this should or could be a wipe out. And if the Packers play their game, I wouldn’t be surprised. But the Patriots have a very disciplined defense and, scoff at it all you want, but Hoyer has loads of experience in Belichick’s system. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see him look slightly better than Mac.

Man on man, the Packers are better. But a loss would put Belichick at 1-3. Somehow he always seems to find a way.

That said. Packers win it.
I don't think the Patriots are playing good football. They have given up 71 points on the season. Only ten teams have given up more. That includes teams like the Lions, Jets, Cards and Raiders. They are not good. Say the Packers are not hitting on all cylinders I do believe they can run the football. NE is giving up 115 yards per game on the ground. I think the Packers will put up more than that with the likes of Dillon and Jones.

If Hoyer were better than Mac he would be starting already. Yes, he is a 14 year veteran, but that really doesn't play into his favor. He is a limited QB and I believe the Packers defense will get after him. They are playing really good coverage right now as well and Nixon stepped up when Alexander went down. The Pats already are having problems scoring and now they have to play their backup. That's not a good situation.

I feel like the Packers will dominate this game at home and get things rolling. I don't think that NE is very good and so far the stats tell that story. It's the NFL though and as the old saying goes, any given Sunday.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need this game. With this game and the upcoming schedule, we have a good shot of being six and one going into Buffalo.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Patriots are playing good football. They have given up 71 points on the season. Only ten teams have given up more. That includes teams like the Lions, Jets, Cards and Raiders. They are not good.
This. They are getting the benefit of the doubt because they're the Patriots and they're coached by Bill Belichick. And to be fair, they've/he's largely earned it, but let's be real. If this same exact Patriots team had Josh McDaniels or Matt Rhule or whoever as their coach and turned in these same exact performances, we'd all be hearing about how crap they are and how it should be a total blowout.

They're not playing good football, Hoyer isn't a good quarterback, and anything less than a convincing win should be seen as a disappointment IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is game 4 for the starters with out a pre season

Now is when I look at how this team should be

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts