Official week 4 pregame thread: Host the terrific tom-less New England Patriots

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be pleased if we hold New England to less than our current 15 point against average. I’d be especially pleased if we hold them to single digits.
Brian Hoyer should be given some problems by our Defense. I’d be surprised if NE scores more than 17 points.
The Pats turned the ball over against the Ravens. Hopefully, they will do the same this week and we can turn them into points.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Pats already are having problems scoring and now they have to play their backup. That's not a good situation.

While I agree the Packers should win this game the Patriots have scored more points than the Packers over the first three weeks of the season.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
While I agree the Packers should win this game the Patriots have scored more points than the Packers over the first three weeks of the season.
The defenses the Packers have had to go against are all in the top 10. The defenses the Patriots have gone against are all outside of the top 15. The Packers have had problems scoring, but it's been against good defenses. Small sample size, and you can probably throw out week one. However, the Bucs are the #1 defense in the league. I'd like to see the Packers get on track and be more consistent offensively. Point is, yes, they have scored less, but the reasons seem more acceptable than the Patriots. Fair point though.

Krabs

Reaction score
This is game 4 for the starters with out a pre season

Now is when I look at how this team should be
I do look for the Packers to be more in sync offensively during this match up. I do think that they have a ways to go before the chemistry is fully met. I'm looking at more of late October or early November before we see the offense reach its peak. Remember, they kept every one of their draft picks and brought in free agents like Nixon and Ford. There's a lot of new faces on this roster. I still think it's going to take a few weeks before we see this teams full potential. The good thing is that there is a lot of young talent and a lot of room for growth.

D

Deleted member 6794

The defenses the Packers have had to go against are all in the top 10. The defenses the Patriots have gone against are all outside of the top 15. The Packers have had problems scoring, but it's been against good defenses. Small sample size, and you can probably throw out week one. However, the Bucs are the #1 defense in the league. I'd like to see the Packers get on track and be more consistent offensively. Point is, yes, they have scored less, but the reasons seem more acceptable than the Patriots. Fair point though.

You're right the Packers have faced by far better competition than the Patriots, just wanted to point out they have scored more points after three weeks. With that being said I fully expect the Packers to end up with a significantly better offense at the end of the season than New England's.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And never count out a Belichick coached team. Just when you have a gift wrapped win you open the package and there is quite a surprise.

MadScientist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should win this game. The real question is will the offense actually play in the second half, or will they look like they took sedatives at halftime again?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers should win this game. The real question is will the offense actually play in the second half, or will they look like they took sedatives at halftime again?

The Patriots defense isn't anywhere near as good as the Bucs' one. Therefore I expect the offense to put up a better performance overall.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1st 3 drives GB had against TB were beautiful and should've led to 21 pts. If the offense comes out in sync and plays well the 1st 4 drives against NE the score should be at least 24. No way the GB D will allow the Hoyer-led NE offense to score 24, which means they'll be in catch-up mode. Our D will force NE into at least 2 turnovers (sack-fumbles or INT's) and this game done. GB 38- NE 13

Krabs

Reaction score
The 1st 3 drives GB had against TB were beautiful and should've led to 21 pts. If the offense comes out in sync and plays well the 1st 4 drives against NE the score should be at least 24. No way the GB D will allow the Hoyer-led NE offense to score 24, which means they'll be in catch-up mode. Our D will force NE into at least 2 turnovers (sack-fumbles or INT's) and this game done. GB 38- NE 13
I like your thoughts here, but I'm not convinced that GB can put up 38 points yet. They have the potential, but I think it is down the road. I'd say more like 27-17. I like where you're going though. :)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your thoughts here, but I'm not convinced that GB can put up 38 points yet. They have the potential, but I think it is down the road. I'd say more like 27-17. I like where you're going though. :)

They should have minimum put up 17 (if FG) 21 (if TD) had Jones not fumbled against arguably one of the top defenses in football. They easily have the skills IMO and showcased it of being capable of scoring 30+ on the regular.

Krabs

Reaction score
They should have minimum put up 17 (if FG) 21 (if TD) had Jones not fumbled against arguably one of the top defenses in football. They easily have the skills IMO and showcased it of being capable of scoring 30+ on the regular.
I don't disagree. I just think there are chemistry issues they are working through yet. When they get in sync I believe they can score 30+. I just don't see it yet. Hope I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have ruled out Caleb Jones for tomorrow's game against the Patriots while listing Jaire Alexander as questionable. That means neither Bakhtiari nor Jenkins have an injury designation going into the game. Great news.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have ruled out Caleb Jones for tomorrow's game against the Patriots while listing Jaire Alexander as questionable. That means neither Bakhtiari nor Jenkins have an injury designation going into the game. Great news.
And let us keep it that way. You still will see Yosh get a good 50% of the reps.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why they would play Jaire unless he was a definite no problem. The idea of playing someone only a little with a hamstring problem does not make sense to me.

Reaction score
I don't know why they would play Jaire unless he was a definite no problem. The idea of playing someone only a little with a hamstring problem does not make sense to me.
I agree.
It’s possible he feels good and we could hold his snaps back some to give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s fully healed up.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a workman like, play down to the level of your banged up opponent game. Continued improvement across the board as the team begins to jell.
Packers, 27-13

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This can be another "get right" game, where MLF can get this offense dialed in more. The D should be able to shut down NE's Hoyer-led offense. The O needs to get a healthy lead and try some "new wrinkles" with young players to get them involved & having some successes. Wouldn't mind at all seeing a few series with Love behind center.
Nice post and my thoughts as well. Don't take them lightly, come out and dominate, get the offense and defense dialed in, and get the win.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a workman like, play down to the level of your banged up opponent game. Continued improvement across the board as the team begins to jell.
Packers, 27-13
As much as I want them to dominate from the get go, I can see this scenario being played out as well. Hopefully ML has them focused from start to finish.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nijman now has the "mystery illness" going thru the Packer's locker room. He's listed as questionable for the game, meaning Bakhtiari may be needed all game if capable.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have Jaire miss the next few games, which are very winnable, than expose him to further injury.

Members online

Latest posts