Official Studs n duds Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps… but I’d hesitate to say Rodgers is ever on auto pilot. It seems like that is the point… he is dissecting every nuance of every play.
I would not be surprised if he could give you more details about some seemingly meaningless play from 2009 in the preseason than most could give details about their wedding day, birth of a child, raise at work, or the biggest buck they ever shot.

The guy is literally into every detail of everything. He didn't get that way by being on autopilot. That isn't a setting his brain has.

Reaction score
Yes and that is taking the bad with the good part that I was referring too. There are definitely times were I think taking the delay of game would have been a smarter move. Maybe by the time he hits 40, he will have this part of his game down to an exact science. :)

Spot on. As much as I was wishing we had the 2 TO's he burned during the 2nd half of the Raven game back, we ended up not needing them. Maybe in burning those 2 TO's, he changed the course of the game in our favor?
I doubt they wouldn’t impacted a very good O performance at Baltimore or to a point that we scored more etc..
If anything, we’ve got to put more trust on our leader and recognize that even if he did make a mistake? he’s going to fix it over the course of the remainder of season.
I’m not saying it’s meaningless, but it’s just lower on the totem pole of priorities. Let’s get ST fixed yesterday is my concern and until that happens no amount of Timeouts are going to compensate

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it was an optical illusion, but it appeared to me that the Ravens were bigger than we were. Not heavier necessarily, more like taller and rangier.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he is on autopilot and just has it in his mind to call a timeout and save five yards w/o actually having given it thought beforehand.

It's pretty obvious that Rodgers has decided that he prefers to take a timeout instead of losing five yards for a delay of game penalty. You might not like that but I'm convinced he has put a lot of thought into it.

But I trust that our use of Timeouts has as much to do with 5 newer OL and #12 not wanting to get murdered on National TV. Frankly, I’m quite surprised we don’t use them all in the first quarter.

I don't think the current offensive line has anything to do with it as Rodgers has done that for all of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts