official studs and duds week 2 @ minnesota

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Dud: Minnesota's new stadium not having room for a cart to go through the fancy lounge area and having to carry AP down the tunnels :roflmao:;)
Actually, I'm sure they do. After all, that's a different entrance than what Bradford went through.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you type this much on duds and not once mention the name 'Aaron Rodgers?'

A.R. He was the very first thing listed. Sorry, I take up a lot of real estate when I type my rants, so I try to consolidate the known names like most regular posters, with initials.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a hard loss.

Duds:
-AR. MM. Capers.
-All our Dbacks (didnt we hear about how this should be a top 3 or #1 dback field this year?!?) I blame it on zone schemes easily manipulated with crossing routes and slants.
-Umm... Oh. playbook. Huge dud on this 2 year old playbook that reads like my 9 month olds cardboard 5 page "bedtime" book.
-Pistol offense. Running with a backup on 4th and 1 on the goaline out of a shotgun formation
-"huuuuhhhh-uuuuutttt" hardcounts. please retire this BS playcall predicated on a presnap "free play". It rarely works anymore and is usually a tossup on if they jump or we jump.

-The backs houlder comeback route, when its the only passing play we attempt.

- Throwing our hands up on every incomplete pass, hoping the refs give us some love

-Did I mention the Zone D that looks like they are playing water-polo against football players?

- ST in general. All of it. Yes, I saw the block, which almost ALSO turned into a disaster when Montgomery (?) ran back in at the end and tried to grab a dead ball and almost gave it back to one of the 8 purple jerseys around the ball. Punting Sucks. We cut an ok rookie for a known crappy veteran, to then cut that crappy vet for an unknown, even crappier vet. We have returned 1... ONE punt out of I believe 13 punts, for all of 14 yards. The rest have pinned us at the average starting field position of the 13.

STUDS:
My Bartender and local liquor store for continuing to sell me memory erase juice, well after I should no longer be allowed to erase memories.

I will also give love to our DLINE. They are the most obliterated group on our team right now, and they have been monster for the most part through 2 games.

Im going to bed.

Randall sure was beat during a lot of man coverage tonight. That wasn't due to any zone scheme.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest problem with this team is they need to stop blowing smoke up everyone's ***. Look I'm the mirror and make the necessary changes. They always seem to be reacting instead of being pro active. They are so damn stubborn and afraid to make any changes. Fire someone during the season, light a damn fire under ppl. But no, instead we get the same bs. We are working on this and that, we are getting better, Adams is a great receiver, our punter is just fine, nothing wrong with Rodgers, receivers are getting open. All that needs to change.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall sure was beat during a lot of man coverage tonight. That wasn't due to any zone scheme.
He sure was, but he tended to be within 10 yards of the WR, which is more than I can say for most of our zone defenders in the last 2 weeks.

Most of the completions this week and last had no Packers players on the TV screen for several seconds after the catch. At least Randall was contesting man covered pass plays most of the game. More than I can say for the times I saw WRs streaking in stride with the only thing colored green being grass in the frame.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sure was, but he tended to be within 10 yards of the WR, which is more than I can say for most of our zone defenders in the last 2 weeks.

Most of the completions this week and last had no Packers players on the TV screen for several seconds after the catch. At least Randall was contesting man covered pass plays most of the game. More than I can say for the times I saw WRs streaking in stride with the only thing colored green being grass in the frame.

An NFL receiver easily runs for 15+ yards in several seconds. That didn't happen without anyone near a receiver much. You're highly exaggerating by saying most on catches the Vikings had that much room.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud McCarthy's Game plan.... to many shots taken when first downs were needed... plus not kicking the FG

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An NFL receiver easily runs for 15+ yards in several seconds. That didn't happen without anyone near a receiver much. You're highly exaggerating by saying most on catches the Vikings had that much room.
Carl, I respect a lot of the stuff you say, but if you are really going to defend our pass D, in any form, I cannot agree. Run D has been more than I could expect thus far. Pass D has been horrid. No other words for it.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
????

Duds:
Adams, Rodgers, Lacy, Starks, Randall, Rollins, the entire offensive line, the entire defensive line, Schum, McCarthy.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest problem with this team is they need to stop blowing smoke up everyone's ***. Look I'm the mirror and make the necessary changes. They always seem to be reacting instead of being pro active. They are so damn stubborn and afraid to make any changes. Fire someone during the season, light a damn fire under ppl. But no, instead we get the same bs. We are working on this and that, we are getting better, Adams is a great receiver, our punter is just fine, nothing wrong with Rodgers, receivers are getting open. All that needs to change.
This is a good post. Remember years ago when Rodgers urged everyone to relax? I do not get the feeling that he is relaxed. They have major problems.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl, I respect a lot of the stuff you say, but if you are really going to defend our pass D, in any form, I cannot agree. Run D has been more than I could expect thus far. Pass D has been horrid. No other words for it.

I never said the pass defense was good...

But saying the Vikings had several seconds before a Packer game in screen on MOST catches is a big exaggeration. Don't need to make it seem worse than it was.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We know the duds so i'll take this post to highlight the D-line which has pleasantly surprised me this season. Pass rush has been pretty steady so that is a good sign, and even the LB's are making plays. Nick Perry is bringing good pressure, Clay is always a presence, and Mike Daniels is a stud.

Okay, i'll actually mention one of my duds, and that is the secondary. I had such high hopes (as did many) for them this season, and they have been pretty sore to watch. Everyone in the secondary has made bad plays and we are only two games in. We'll see how they play once they get their feet under them a bit. I still think that Randall, Rollins, Shields and Ha-Ha will be a force as the year goes on.

Also: Offense is scarily off sync still. And, please run Lacy more. He is back. So feed him the ball.

OP
OP
King of Jeans

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for real though, nobody would have guessed that through 2 games our Run D would be better than our Pass D. WTF is happening with this team?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Now that we have a side war going on, can I have my studs n duds thread back that was stolen from me?:cautious:

Studs: well....well...well.....
Run D

Duds: JC Tretter: plays dancing bear on run blocks after a second. Finish your blocks.
Rodgers: that was brutal. who is he turning into?
Secondary: looking lost out there.
Officiating: sorry gotta say that game was borderline replacement ref like. How do you throw that flag at the end? The initial contact looked incidental, and the ball was not catchable and the rcvr was not held.
MM: offensive playcalling fail AGAIN
Capers: 4th down D has little to be desired

All in all, this is one that was winnable. Doesn't look like the powers that be trust the Defense to close it out, hence the going for it v tying the game. Aaron Rodgers is getting happy feet and seems to have lost command. pad level was just not there.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something that probably won't get mentioned is that whatever halftime adjustment on offense that were made worked. They gained about 200 second half yards after 60 in the first half.

Not picking it up on 4th and the turnovers were killers though.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
for real though, nobody would have guessed that through 2 games our Run D would be better than our Pass D. WTF is happening with this team?

Who knows.

It's like when the one thing we wanted fixed in the past finally happens, and then the other thing becomes an issue.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs:Defensive line and line backers/ Randall Cobb
Duds: Offense+A-rod/God awful D-backs, (oops, sorry said religious word) Mike McCoordinator/D-backs

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: D-Line - Especially against the run.
Duds: Hate to say it, but ARod. I don't know if he just starts slow or isn't feeling it at the start of the season, but he really needs to turn it on. Missed some back shoulder throws, missing high, low, etc.