Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Jones went over 100, it again we couldn’t run on 3rd and short

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Jones went over 100, it again we couldn’t run on 3rd and short
Agreed... I am rewatching the game right now. Frankly, my initial impression of the offense was a bit off. The Packers offense was moving the ball pretty well throughout the game. Dropped passes, and fumbles killed several promising drives, but the biggest consistent failure was 3rd/4th and short yardage plays.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking at The Vikings forum, and of course they are blaming the officials. Why is it that everytime we win against division foes, they are quick to blame the refs? Chicago fans do this all the time. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Packer fans do it just as much.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Agreed... I am rewatching the game right now. Frankly, my initial impression of the offense was a bit off. The Packers offense was moving the ball pretty well throughout the game. Dropped passes, and fumbles killed several promising drives, but the biggest consistent failure was 3rd/4th and short yardage plays.
I really like rewatching the game, removing my instant emotional reactions from the equation. You normally come to find out that it wasn’t near as bad as you think having watched it live.

The offense definitely had some very promising moments.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like the first quarter was a preview of what the potential of what the offense could become eventually. Which is a fast power, combination of both rushing and passing. And then it's like we fizzled out.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everyone say “If you take away the Vikings big plays”? You can’t take them away, they happened.

If you want to take them away, then you have to add the Vikings just missed plays. Like Diggs burning our D in the 4th quarter and Cousins just overthrowing him.

I agree to a point but there is still some truth to it. If a defense shuts down an offense for 19 out of 20 plays which is the outlier the 19 or the one. Yes you have to look at it and figure out what went wrong but to say the defense had a bad game based on one play is very shortsighted.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree to a point but there is still some truth to it. If a defense shuts down an offense for 19 out of 20 plays which is the outlier the 19 or the one. Yes you have to look at it and figure out what went wrong but to say the defense had a bad game based on one play is very shortsighted.

I’m not saying they had a bad game, but they didn’t have as great of a game as some are saying. And it was 3 bad plays, not one.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I won't do studs or duds because it's not my team. However, food for thought.

Rodgers first 3 drives.

11 of 12 for 142 yards and 3 TDS

Rest of the game

11 of 22 67 yards and 0 TDS

Reaction score
I really like rewatching the game, removing my instant emotional reactions from the equation. You normally come to find out that it wasn’t near as bad as you think having watched it live.

The offense definitely had some very promising moments.
they did. I saw at least three 20+ passes that turned into drive killers. They were dropped or slightly under-thrown but nicely defended by MN . Had Rodgers hit Aaron Jones in stride that was a 20+yarder play minimum. Davante had one defended by #22 that would’ve been a 30 yd catch. Vikings D played pretty good overall. Davante has his way with them though.
On another note. We really should’ve tried that 45 yard FG to go up 24-7 just before halftime . My motto is always take reasonable points when you’re leading and playing good Defense. I know what MLF was thinking tho also.. eat the clock and then score and leave them under like 30 sec. but that was a gamble you take only at the END of the game to close it out, we still had a 1/2 to play.

Nice Division Win against a top 5 Defense.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense did better for this early in the season than I expected them to. Some mistakes were made, some bad plays, some good plays, but don't forget that it's only week 2 against two good defenses.

Defense is really good. Blake had a hell of a game. Kenny Clark is great, Z Smith has been a great change, and P Smith just doesn't get fooled by anything.

Our top 4 DB's (Alexander, King, Amos, Savage) have the potential to be a top tier combination. The Vikings have good WR's, and for the most part, we locked them up. King is really starting to show what he can do when healthy. Alexander missed two picks, but man, what a CB. He's sticky.

Good win, I thought for sure we'd lose during the 4th quarter. 2-0 vs Chicago and Minny...better than I expected with a new coaching staff and offense!

Reaction score
Alexander missed two picks, but man, what a CB. He's sticky.
He was very close to getting 2 INT. 1 against the Diggs TD he came clear across the field and Diggs wisely went over top of his hands last sec or it would’ve been a pick IMO, and 1 against Rudolph he just dropped. I predict he’s going to absolutely feed off this pass rush and have a monster game here soon. We got our us our pro bowl level DB

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
D Adams
A Jones
Smiths
Clark
Savage
Alexander ( but needed to bat that pass down against a much bigger WR)
MLF - great gameplan on offense. Although the Vikings adjusted and production waned mid 2nd quarter, they improved greatly over week 1. Think we glimsped what offense can be.

Duds
NFL - even though it saved us a TD by the Vikings, i despise the offensive pass interference on the replay.

Taylor. Time to get Jenkins in there. Suspect they didnt want the rookie ging against 2 of the better defenses in first 2 starts.

Losers
Posters critical of the Packers. Just beat our 2 biggest rivals. We were underdogs to many pundits in both games. Our offense is new and its clearly a work in progress. And we are in first place, our defense looks excellent. Try and enjoy it!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't put this on Rodgers completely, but rather the receivers kept dropping passes. Sure there were a few bad throws, but most of those passes the receivers should've caught.

*murmurs under breath* I bet if Jordy was here he would've caught most of those passes.

Every single miss looked well contested except for a drop by Geronimo if I recall correctly. This was a very potent D we faced.

Reaction score
Every single miss looked well contested except for a drop by Geronimo if I recall correctly. This was a very potent D we faced.
Exactly what I was just writing.

Its My Opinion we just won against 2 top 5 area Defenses. It’s also my opinion we could be right there with them.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Amos - just because you dont hear about him much means he is doing his job, saw some nice coverage and he is consistent.

Smiths - both are contributing to a large degree.

Kenny Clark - other than the d holding he had a nice game overall.

Savage - took a bad angle on the cook run but he is a player

Martinez - at times he loses contain but very much in the mix

Adams - without him this game i think the team is 1-1, although he had one jermike moment he is a force

Alexander - like Savage he had a few breakdowns but this guy is a baller

King - say what u want but he made a huge pick that saved a score

A. Jones - shifty and elusive and learning the zbs, the more he is able to use the tackles the better

Bakh - gutted out and he is ailing a little i thought he held his own as usual.

Scott - he's an asset that the team needs to aid the D...the hang time factor is silently important

Duds:

Lane Taylor - getting owned on pass pro, owned. Looks slow and unreactive

Billy Turner - he needs more time to get in the groove but he needs to protect ar

Jimmy Graham - he might as well play wr and split out, he cannot block and all he is doing is jogging and not open much

MLF - challenges, going and not attempting a fg when 3 would have helped the teams momentum. the conservative play calling a few times gave me pause. when graham is letting peeps run right at ar, its time to yank him and try any of the other options. at what pt does he replace taylor when he has a young rookie waiting in the wings.

Davis - he is still clueless on how to field and judge punts and seems clumsy and indecisive whenever he returns it

Allison/MVS - these two are just guys at this pt i dont know why they are not open more

All in all, that is 2 in the W column but the Defense is why, and the offense needs to improve so that balance is more in order. I'm very happy w 2-0 though against 2 division opponents, that is big. Losing Greene for the season is going to hurt some. The TE position perplexes me as we already knew Graham is washed up and Tonyon needs to get a look as Lewis is a blocker and isn't real versatile at this pt. I'm enjoying this D very much they are holding their own.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Were you able to locate the whereabouts of GB TEs?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: jones (he was a workhorse today). o-line (gave rodgers plenty of time today). the DEFENSE!! (overworked but hung tough. no one had a chance on that 75 yard run).

duds: after the scripted plays...most everyone not mentioned above...including MLF (the 1st down/4th down fiasco between he and rodgers was pathetic. that was an easy 3 points given away).

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those calling out mlf for going for it on 4th and 1 Rodgers blamed himself. He said he thought a ref signaled first down so he went up to run a quick play before the vikings challenged the spot. He made the mistake. Took all the blame

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: jones (he was a workhorse today). o-line (gave rodgers plenty of time today). the DEFENSE!! (overworked but hung tough. no one had a chance on that 75 yard run).

duds: after the scripted plays...most everyone not mentioned above...including MLF (the 1st down/4th down fiasco between he and rodgers was pathetic. that was an easy 3 points given away).
That was ACTUALLY Rodgers' fault. He even admitted to it because he thought the officials called for the first down.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Duds
NFL - even though it saved us a TD by the Vikings, i despise the offensive pass interference on the replay.

!
My buddy texted me, he's a vikings fan. I told him I felt dirty being happy we "held them" to a FG instead of a TD. Call it like you see it. If you're not going to scrutinize every play, why just that one? It's good for controlling gambling lines and outcomes I guess. Even if it isn't, eventually it will appear to be so and will erode the confidence even more in the game. Call 'em like you see them on the field and i'm good with it. **** the Saints.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense was stud outside of the 2 big plays.

MLF seems like a dud and pretty mediocre in general. Maybe still getting used to everything but I've not been impressed thus far. Rodgers seems to have lost a step. Is he consciously not rushing anymore or is he a little scared to get hurt?

To me the offense is still a work in progress. They looked great in the first quarter but stumbled after that. But. When we really needed to move the ball late in the 4th we got a couple of first downs and forced MN to use all of their time outs and left them with only 14 seconds. That IMO was huge. To be 2-0 against our 2 biggest divisional foes with the offense still sputtering is enormous. Once we get it all worked out with this defense? This might be a fun season after all. :D

Go to the Packers' website and watch the post game celebration in the locker room. It is very evident the players are very fond of our new "mediocre" HC. ;)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire said he lost that one to Diggs in the sun... Makes some sense since it looked like he was 100% at least going to break up the play.

Also, did Josh Jackson play at all today? I don't recall seeing him out there at any point.

Jimmy graham is a super DUD. The 3rd down play where he was supposed to block Hunter might have been the dumbest decision all game. He's useless out there. Another year till we can dump him

Goodson was terrible.

Yes, I pray they NEVER have Graham attempt to block again. He's gonna get Rodgers killed. I'm not going to get on Goodson right now. He just got here.

Members online

Latest posts