Official studs and duds Viking game

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King made a consequential play. Stud.

Any injuries?
Looked like Raven Greene suffered a leg injury. Hope he’s OK. On a Viking cheap shot intentionally rolling up on his Achilles. Hope he is OK.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking at The Vikings forum, and of course they are blaming the officials. Why is it that everytime we win against division foes, they are quick to blame the refs? Chicago fans do this all the time. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds on concessions taking so long to get my dad a freaking water and watching the Packers defense whiff on a pass that should have been at least knocked down and I had to watch it on a small TV.

MVS, you need to catch that long 3rd down pass. good defense, but if you want to be more than just a guy running around out there, you have to catch that ball.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking at The Vikings forum, and of course they are blaming the officials. Why is it that everytime we win against division foes, they are quick to blame the refs? Chicago fans do this all the time. It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

This is 100 percent how Viking fans always are. Lived there for 8 years and they complain about refs non-stop. Their announcers do it, their fans do it. It is in the DNA of a team that cant win the big game. That may sound harsh but that is just how it is. Last year when there was the terrible call against Clay they said, "You cant blame the refs," and all I could do was laugh.

I am trying to remember the calls against the Vikings

1. The biggest was the td that got brought back. Obviously that was a big call but that was 100% offensive pass interference. And honestly the guy did it to two different Packers. If reviewing PI calls isnt to clean up a missed call like that then what is it for?
2. The offensive PI on Diggs. That was easy. He extended his arm and pushed off. Not sure how you complain about that.

It isnt like big calls didnt go the Viking's way. The Theilen catch would have been an incompletion had it been ruled that way on the field. That was a big play. Packers had some other big penalties too. I dont think the Vikings have ever committed a penalty their fan base thought was the right call

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is 100 percent how Viking fans always are. Lived there for 8 years and they complain about refs non-stop. Their announcers do it, their fans do it. It is in the DNA of a team that cant win the big game. That may sound harsh but that is just how it is. Last year when there was the terrible call against Clay they said, "You cant blame the refs," and all I could do was laugh.

I am trying to remember the calls against the Vikings

1. The biggest was the td that got brought back. Obviously that was a big call but that was 100% offensive pass interference. And honestly the guy did it to two different Packers. If reviewing PI calls isnt to clean up a missed call like that then what is it for?
2. The offensive PI on Diggs. That was easy. He extended his arm and pushed off. Not sure how you complain about that.

It isnt like big calls didnt go the Viking's way. The Theilen catch would have been an incompletion had it been ruled that way on the field. That was a big play. Packers had some other big penalties too. I dont think the Vikings have ever committed a penalty their fan base thought was the right call
As bad as Viking fans are, Chicago fans are the worst when it comes to blaming officials.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire said he lost that one to Diggs in the sun... Makes some sense since it looked like he was 100% at least going to break up the play.

Also, did Josh Jackson play at all today? I don't recall seeing him out there at any point.

Jimmy graham is a super DUD. The 3rd down play where he was supposed to block Hunter might have been the dumbest decision all game. He's useless out there. Another year till we can dump him

Goodson was terrible.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as Viking fans are, Chicago fans are the worst when it comes to blaming officials.

I have spent most of my life on the western side of Wisconsin or in Minnesota so i have experienced way worse from Viking fans. I am now in SE Wisconsin so I will be able to care. If Bears fans are worse than Viking fans i am not sure if I will be able to make it. Immediately after the game numerous friends of mine on social media had posts complaining about the refs - never mind their terrible kicker or quarterback. It was all the refs....

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have spent most of my life on the western side of Wisconsin or in Minnesota so i have experienced way worse from Viking fans. I am now in SE Wisconsin so I will be able to care. If Bears fans are worse than Viking fans i am not sure if I will be able to make it. Immediately after the game numerous friends of mine on social media had posts complaining about the refs - never mind their terrible kicker or quarterback. It was all the refs....
Maybe Im wrong, but it's like everytime I visit Bear forums they always complain about the officiating after they lose. With Minnesota I see it far less on their forums.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Im wrong, but it's like everytime I visit Bear forums they always complain about the officiating after they lose. With Minnesota I see it far less on their forums.

I dont visit forums of any teams anymore but all i know is conversations i have with friends and what I heard living in Minnesota. It was/is awful. If I was ambitious enough I would give you a screenshot of my social media feed right now. It is hilarious and sad

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've been saying it for weeks now-- this offense is going to take time to figure things out. And that's assuming that they do figure it out. I think they will, and would out the over/under on some consistency at week 5.

Thus what we need is for the defense to carry the weight while the offense finds a groove. They're doing exactly that. I didn't expect the team to be 2-0 before the season specifically because I didn't imagine that the defense would be this improved.

So they get a big ol' collective stud as a unit and the duds get some time to pull it together without the pressure of the season slipping away via losses.

It may be that this offense needs to look to add a weapon. Or it may be that when they're clicking, secondary weapons will look a lot more dangerous-- it remains to be seen.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont visit forums of any teams anymore but all i know is conversations i have with friends and what I heard living in Minnesota. It was/is awful. If I was ambitious enough I would give you a screenshot of my social media feed right now. It is hilarious and sad
I like to go over there just to see what they are thinking of us prior towards our matchups. Plus it's fun to see their reaction when they lose. It was fun all of last week as they were chewing one another out, while also being pissed about losing! XD

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the offense showed glimpses of what it could be. The defense has shown us a lot of what it could be as well. A couple bad plays but overall they did very well. Rodgers wasnt great but Adams and MVS need to make those catches.

The dud to me was the 3rd and 4th and short offense the last 3 quarters. They just left a lot of plays on the field.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to go over there just to see what they are thinking of us prior towards our matchups. Plus it's fun to see their reaction when they lose. It was fun all of last week as they were chewing one another out, while also being pissed about losing! XD
I used to do that but just dont have the time. Barely have the time to post here anymore

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: 1st quarter offense and defense for 90% of the game
Duds: Not being able to pick up 3rd and shorts.
AND,I mean a big AND, we need another offensive weapon. Defense rolled to Adams and we were done with mediocre talent.
One more thing. If McCarthy was coaching I bet the house we lose that game. LaFleur took what he could and ran the clock down as much as possible.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans are hilarious because everyone knows they're never going to actually win anything lol

The only good things about that State, besides the business opportunity obviously, is the Fall weather and "some" of the women.

I mean the Twins and Wild won't be winning anything serious anytime soon either lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and while I say for 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter in line, I was in line with Joe Mauer, well next to him thinking “this guy looks familiar” lol

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Jaire Alexander
Amos
Savage
Smiths
Martinez
Dean Lowry
Kenny Clark
Kevin King
Crosby
JK Scott
Aaron Jones
Davante Adams

Duds:
TEs
GMOs fumble
MVS
Dan Vitale
Lane Taylor - ship him out
Corey Linsey

Overall, nice performance considering it’s week 2. I honestly expected to start the season 0-2 so I am happy we snuck by with two wins against division rivals.

Reaction score
Stud:

the D Secondary as a unit just outright frustrated Cousins. Not 1 MN receiver had over 75 yards.
The D pass rush kept Cousins in check.
JK
Adams
Jones

Duds:
The Run D gave up over 200+ ground yards. That has to be a focus going forward.
Graham just looks lost out there. I’ve seen Rookies play better. We may want to sit him for a few weeks to send a message. We need someone who wants to contribute at TE and we certainly don’t need a liability in pass protection.

Sidenotes
* Our Offensive Line improved slightly. I won’t be too harsh on them because MN has a really good Defensive front. I believe we just played 2 of the top 5 Defenses in the league.

*as much as we stalled on Offense, we did improve slightly and that’s what you want to see week to week in a new play calling system. I thought there were several passes that were catchable but should be credited to that MN Defense, their LBs are really talented in pass coverage.
We just beat a pretty well rounded (wild card caliber) team and squeaked our a W. Nicely done.

Last edited:

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: 1st quarter offense
Scott
Defense
Duds: MLF for passing up a fg. He’s MM reincarnated at times, which is not good
Return team. Davis faircatching everything is a joke
No offense after q 1
TE are horrible please play somebody besides Graham

Reaction score
Studs: 1st quarter offense
Scott
Defense
Duds: MLF for passing up a fg. He’s MM reincarnated at times, which is not good
Return team. Davis faircatching everything is a joke
No offense after q 1
TE are horrible please play somebody besides Graham
I agree with you on that FG. You absolutely take points when your D is playing well. Especially Inside 45 yards.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everyone say “If you take away the Vikings big plays”? You can’t take them away, they happened.

If you want to take them away, then you have to add the Vikings just missed plays. Like Diggs burning our D in the 4th quarter and Cousins just overthrowing him.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense stunk but Jones still rushed for over 100 yards and Rodgers put up a passer rating over 100.
I agree, especially the running game against another very good defense. This is definitely not McCarthy's offense anymore. It takes much longer to install blocking schemes for the running game. Pass blocking is pass blocking.
As for the passing game, my favorite play of the game was the play BEFORE the Allison touchdown. Spread formation in the red zone, it wasn't there, and #12 threw it away. It's still not yet a part of Aaron's psyche yet but, I think we're heading in the right direction.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Major duds go out to both LAC and Denver.

How the hell did The Lions beat The Chargers of all teams?

And as for Denver they HAD to have known Chicago was going to try to get enough yardage for a FG. No way you should have played them that far out. Lucky Bastards...

Members online

Latest posts