Official Studs and duds- Bear game

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs : Rodgers, pass blocking, Wrs, Crosby, masthay because we didn't need him .

Duds: defense as usual. If Rodgers doesn't have an all world game we lose end of story. Couldn't stop the run, pass, did they even force a punt? I'm not excited about playoff chances until the defense improved . Still a bad bunch

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RODGERS

Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers o-line- cobb-Rodgers.

R-E-L-A-X

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs : Rodgers, pass blocking, Wrs, Crosby, masthay because we didn't need him .

Duds: defense as usual. If Rodgers doesn't have an all world game we lose end of story. Couldn't stop the run, pass, did they even force a punt? I'm not excited about playoff chances until the defense improved . Still a bad bunch
I am not sure either team punted. That is pretty weird stuff right there.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: o-line. We now know they can beat one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Whether they can they do the same against good defenses remains to be seen.
Rogers. God help us if he gets hurt.
Cutler. Our 2nd best weapon
Duds: The defense is terrible--much worse than 2011. Why would any team bother to pass against us? They can march down the field with 8 minute drives, scoring and preventing Rogers from getting on the field.

We beat a team today in spite of allowing 500 yards of offense and letting the Bears control the clock for 36 minutes. This was due to the offense completely outplaying an even worse defense; and a guy by the name of Cutler who gave up in the 3rd quarter.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers...both of em.
Throwing to the lesser known one made them at least respect the TE position from the get go.
Hawk. He made tackle after tackle and actually stopped the guy instead of letting his momentum carry him for 3 more yds. Lattimore was solid next to him. Brad Jones might as well go on IR.
Pass blocking O-line
Dix- light years better than the hacks out there last year
Jordy and Cobb- great day
MM- You opened up the playbook, realized you had a TE on the field, You also attacked the weakness of the defense instead of just being stubborn and doing your thing regardless of the weaknesses on the oppositions D. Only issue today was running big ed into a pile like a snow plow. Starks has been dominant vs the bears when he plays them and i dont think he saw a snap on offense.
Tramon: good coverage, tackling and a sick block on the int return.

Duds:
Defensive line.
Terrible all day. No pressure and no run stopping.
Clay: right place right time gift on the int and couldnt take it to the house because of his constantly broken body. Awful vs the run and looked like he gave up too early on most of the pass rushes. Very dissapointed in his effort. I would rather he not be out there if he isn't 100 percent. Bad$$.
Burnett: Save your celebration crap for when you make a play vs the other teams 1st stringers in a meaningful point int the game. He actually made a few tackles instead of missing them all.
Masthay: Lazy....did nothing today!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Purgatory:
Shields: he made some great plays and some terrible ones.
Big Ed: He hit the hole SOOOOOOOO slowly today. He did punch one in and gain a few yds but he lacked vision on some plays and ran away from the hole and into bodies.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't generalize and say the defense was bad the whole game based on the first half alone.

Plus, lots of yards, but only 17 points and 2 picks. Those stats matter the most.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Can't generalize and say the defense was bad the whole game based on the first half alone.

Plus, lots of yards, but only 17 points and 2 picks. Those stats matter the most.

Those and the big play by Dix at the end of the half. They made plays when they needed too but I would say the run D needs to improve.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those and the big play by Dix at the end of the half. They made plays when they needed too but I would say the run D needs to improve.

Clearly the run D needs work.

Just don't think it's reasonable to say the defense was bad all game and only look at the yardage given up.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Clearly the run D needs work.

Just don't think it's reasonable to say the defense was bad all game and only look at the yardage given up.

Cowboys just gave up a ton of yards to Saints and blew them out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds, the entire officiating crew. Phantom fouls that never happened, non calls that should have.
It was getting to a point where I didn't even like the non-calls against the Bears.
Next time I want to watch us beat them and all other teams without any extra help.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - offensive line was fabulous in pass blocking. Rodgers threw the ball very well and took what the defense gave him.

Duds - Defensive line was terrible. So were the refs. Worst officiated game I've seen in years.

If this defense plays like this on a regular basis this year, I'm in favor of Thompson releasing all players on defense after this season where money saved will exceed dead money. Just off the top of my head, that should include Hawk, Burnett, Jones and possibly Neal & Matthews. Get a new defensive coordinator and trade out of the first round for the next 2 drafts and accumulate 2-4 round picks.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - offensive line was fabulous in pass blocking. Rodgers threw the ball very well and took what the defense gave him.

Duds - Defensive line was terrible. So were the refs. Worst officiated game I've seen in years.

If this defense plays like this on a regular basis this year, I'm in favor of Thompson releasing all players on defense after this season where money saved will exceed dead money. Just off the top of my head, that should include Hawk, Burnett, Jones and possibly Neal & Matthews. Get a new defensive coordinator and trade out of the first round for the next 2 drafts and accumulate 2-4 round picks.

Creating all that dead money is a joke, right?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Micah Hyde for directly blocking the view of the camera to the goalline and ball on the last play of the first half. (not that he necessarily broke the plane anyway, but why chance it?)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What they're saying in Chicago: "In a game devoid of defense, there was every opportunity for a quarterback to be great."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/3016...ep-up-with-aaron-rodgers-only-for-a-half.html

The defenses were a joke on both sides of the ball, and Rogers took advantage, while Cutler was Cutler. Our defense continues its decline of the past 4 years. Our o line played very well, which shows they are capable of pass blocking against poor competition. There is no run blocking.

That's what we're left with to this point.

But it could be worse. We could be Bears fans.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I guess you don`t like the defense then ?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS- Rodgers, pass blocking by o line, Nelson, Cobb. The young wr's and TE Rodgers flashed today.
DUDS- the d front is beyond pathetic. Got manhandled all day by an O line missing 2 starters. The officials; some real head scratcher calls today.

Members online

Latest posts