Official Studs and duds- Bear game

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson, o line pass protection, Crosby, Tramon and second half defense.

Duds: D line in first half. Too much room to run. Lacy who is still bouncing outside too much and run blocking.

Overall, very good!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs, The whole offense, expect at the end with all those holding calls, oh and cutler.

dud: What a run D we have!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- MM, Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb, other receivers, o-line, Tramon, Shields, Crosby, Hawk made a nice few stops in the first half

Duds- The run defense. That's going to be a big issue down the road if it doesn't improve. Lacy played better but still is a dud. The refs, for both sides. Terrible game called.

I would have liked to see Starks run the ball a few times, since he did well last week, but other than that, I don't know how you can question the offensive side of this game.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers. That was another "Shhhh" game. Over 300 yards, good scrambles and 4 touchdowns.
The WRs. Great team effort today!
Richard Rodgers. Huge early catch and how about that block?
The O-Line. Gave Rodgers plenty of time.
Tramon Williams. Played good defense today.
Ha-Ha. Nice job keeping them out of the end zone to end the 1st half.

Duds:
Run defense. Going to have to stop letting them get so many yards, especially allowing teams to have 3rd and short conversions.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - offense other than the run game. MM came through with a good game plan. I just knew(hoping more than anything) that MM was going to open the playbook up. Good job coach
Duds- run defense. But overall they did good keeping points off the board second half

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Cobb !!!! THAT was what we`ve got used to seeing. He had something to prove today, to himself, and he did a fantastic job too.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
LTF, that was a hilarious play. Not only does Conte take the fake but instead of realizing that and scrambling to get over to Cobb, he peeks into the backfield.

Glad to see Richard Rodgers block on Cobb's big 4th quarter RAC and Hawk's play being recognized.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
-Rodgers and his receivers looked like they should. Richard Rodgers made a little splash. Cobb hopefully got the monkey off his back. Jordy is Jorday.
-HaHa is a gamer. So excited to watch this kid!

Duds:
-Lacy is looking like I expect him to for the rest of his career. Average. I said it after last year, I don't think he will replicate his rookie season. Not this year. I personally don't think he will ever play a season that strong again. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
- Almost the whole defense? Easy to look at the score and be ecstatic, but we saw all the same defensive issues today.
- AJ Hawk's helmet... again. I want a consecutive games with helmet lost stat, but I don't suspect I'll be able to find it.
- I may be wrong and hope I am, but did Datone Jones do the Jared Allen sack display when he took Cutler down? I hope MM smacks him upside the head if he did.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Good to see MM not forcing the run when it's not there other then that 3 and 2 play.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Studs:
-Rodgers and his receivers looked like they should. Richard Rodgers made a little splash. Cobb hopefully got the monkey off his back. Jordy is Jorday.
-HaHa is a gamer. So excited to watch this kid!

Duds:
-Lacy is looking like I expect him to for the rest of his career. Average. I said it after last year, I don't think he will replicate his rookie season. Not this year. I personally don't think he will ever play a season that strong again. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
- Almost the whole defense? Easy to look at the score and be ecstatic, but we saw all the same defensive issues today.
- AJ Hawk's helmet... again. I want a consecutive games with helmet lost stat, but I don't suspect I'll be able to find it.
- I may be wrong and hope I am, but did Datone Jones do the Jared Allen sack display when he took Cutler down? I hope MM smacks him upside the head if he did.

I might be wrong, but Lacy seems to be running scared after the concussion.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No. They need to run some "running plays" that help him run "down field". Lacy is fine.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They need to run some "running plays" that help him run "down field". Lacy is fine.

Agreed Eddie Lacy is an I-form lead blocker type running back. Let him get a head full of steam and run behind someone and he'll produce. But my God is it hard watching him try and run those draws, he's just not quick enough to do it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Studs: Buffone and O'Bradovich on the Score (Bears) radio. http://tunein.com/radio/670-The-Score-s22732/
Funny stuff. One asks the other, 'How many pressures did the Bears have on Rodgers today?' 'None?' 'THAT'S RIGHT, NONE!!!!!!!' They just mentioned the Bears ran 77 plays vs. 47 plays for the Packers.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: OFFICIATING CREW

Calling penalty on us when Webb committed the actual infraction?! At least they made up for it a couple drives later with a BS call that extended a TD drive for us, but this crew was atrocious all-around. No business on an NFL field.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but Lacy seems to be running scared after the concussion.

The run blocking isn't great but Lacy has looked hesitant. IMO, we should begin siphoning more carries off to Starks and Harris until he shows greater decisiveness and pop (we must be the last team in the NFL not using a committee at RB).

Edited to add:
Agreed Eddie Lacy is an I-form lead blocker type running back. Let him get a head full of steam and run behind someone and he'll produce. But my God is it hard watching him try and run those draws, he's just not quick enough to do it.

Great observation- Lacy isn't "sudden."

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Thank you. I have been saying this for weeks now and people keep saying "whats wrong with Lacy?". Nothing is wrong with Lacy. MM is miss-using him just like he was miss-using Cobb up until today. Maybe MM needs to make a call to Sabin down at Bama.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It was really good to see Rodgers and the offense get there "mojo" back. I think as long as MM can change some things up and get the running game going by "cold season" we will be fine.

Members online

Latest posts