Official Seattle thread

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much every fan base when on top has the worst fans on message boards.... many come out of the woodwork to stick out their chest and post how great their team is to make themselves feel better about themselves.

You just described the vast majority of Dallas fans...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really hope the Seacocks keep underestimating the "Green and Gold." I don't think our boys are coming to just "put on a good showing,"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't taking it that way at all. Sorry I've been a little rushed so my words aren't quite coming out as clearly as I'd like them to. The way I see it, taking the breakdown of the X's and O's out... you don't stumble into a Championship game, or the number 2 seed in the playoffs. There is ample right to have confidence in your team, and we, as Seahawks fans should be a little nervous, albeit with cautious optimism.

What I'm going to say here... don't take as a personal attack. Just defending us that have been fans since we were very young. I was 4 years old when the Seahawks came into existence. My dad went to the very first game with this sister, who was a season ticket holder until the new stadium. I have been a season ticket holder over many seasons depending on a few factors of my personal life. I could tell you more about Zorn to Largent, or Krieg to Largent... Green, Nash and Bryant being our D line for so many years .... etc. My point being there are a lot of us that have suffered through some pretty lean years. In the last few, we've seen a team start to emerge that will be remembered for a long time. Something we've been dreaming about for 3 decades in many of our cases. Every team has their share of knuckleheads and some are more vocal than others.

There is a bond between Green Bay and Seattle. Once Mike Holmgren came over, I think we were going to be eternally linked. Would have been better if we could have pulled out SB40 but is what it is. Truth be told, aside from when my beloved Hawks are playing, I am a fan of the Packers. I haven't had the chance yet but the one stadium on my list to see, is Lambeau. My friends that have been out there when the Seahawks come to town have all come back with reports of kindness and generosity. Everything I've experiences from fans I've met here is exactly the same. Personally, I wouldn't pick any other team I'd rather play in this game. Not because of the strength of either team, but because I can come here, chat with you all and at the end of the day, we'll walk away, shaking hands and saying good luck to the victor. For that, I thank all of you. And on behalf of us Seahawks fans that truly just wish to have a good, and perhaps even mildy heated debate about the game, I apologize for those who think it's more fun to be rude and insight anger and hostility.

Sadly, I won't be in Seattle for the game. I won't even be in North America. I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip I made many months ago. So I probably will only have today to jump in and say my peace about the game. But I will come back on Tuesday, win or lose, and bid you all the best in your off-season, or your big trip to the big game.

/end rant.... carry on!

Zorn was a decent QB. I wonder what would have happened if he had a better supporting cast around him.

Lately I haven't see much of the bond of which you speak. I've seen a lot of insults toward "McChubby" and company. We appreciate fun civil posts. But it seems the Seattle "knuckleheads" of which you speak have been out in full force embarrassing Seattle's history. On this forum, though, the Moderators can exercise the "ban" if someone gets out of hand. They've even banned our own fans at times. But on other more open forums, ie. ESPN, PFT, Fox, etc, Seattle's fans are not adorning themselves with sportsmanship. If Seattle goes on to win, which would surprise no one, we will remember this behavior and mentally link Seattle fans with Pittsburgh fans. That is a shame. But there isn't much you as one fan can do to moderate such talk. Packers fans often tell another Pack fan when they are being stupid. We have a sort of unspoken pride in a good heritage that should be protected. Perhaps this will develop with Seattle. It is a common phrase; "Act as though you have been there before." with Packer fans.

Lambeau is a place every fan should have an opportunity to visit. If you can tolerate the cold, Lambeau in December is a trip for the ages..

You're posts have been good. I'm sorry you will miss the game, but it is cool that you get to travel. My position took me to Germany on a number of occasions and it was eye opening for an isolated American country boy. Travelling abroad has a way of expanding one's world view.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much every fan base when on top has the worst fans on message boards.... many come out of the woodwork to stick out their chest and post how great their team is to make themselves feel better about themselves.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

Since I have been on this forum I have seen high ranking fan bases that are humble to cocky but not arrogant to the worst fans ever. I didn't think anyone could approach the steeler fans but sure enough, Seattle is trying to pass them

D

Deleted member 6794

Seattle has no problem covering TE's. They had one bad game against Antonio Gates but that was in San Diego and that was when Chancellor wasn't 100%. Aside from that game, there are a lot of "2 catches for 17 yards and a TD" type games for TE's we've faced.

To be exact, outside of the bad game against gates (7 catches 96 yards 3TD), Seattle's numbers against TE's:

53 catches for 497 yards and 8 TD's.

Even if you factor Gate's numbers back in, that only averages out to 4 catches a game for 37 yards and less than 1 TD per game for TE's against Seattle, and it only got better towards the end of the season when Bobby Wagner was back. So I wouldn't really count on exploiting much at the TE position.

The Seahawks don´t give up a lot of yards to TEs but they have troubles covering them in the red zone. Only the Jaguard and Bears have allowed more TDs to tight ends than Seattle. Quarless and Rodgers, while not being one of the best groups in the league, have improved over the last few weeks and I expect #12 to target them once close to the goal line.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a packer fan there that said

Bulaga was hurt with 11mins to go in 2nd q----
17-10 at half time

Doesn't sound like a big time pack fan-- got huge facts wrong

Never mind the pick took a lucky bounce right off Nelson's hands, which probably won't happen again(knock on wood).

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zorn was a decent QB. I wonder what would have happened if he had a better supporting cast around him.

Lately I haven't see much of the bond of which you speak. I've seen a lot of insults toward "McChubby" and company. We appreciate fun civil posts. But it seems the Seattle "knuckleheads" of which you speak have been out in full force embarrassing Seattle's history. On this forum, though, the Moderators can exercise the "ban" if someone gets out of hand. They've even banned our own fans at times. But on other more open forums, ie. ESPN, PFT, Fox, etc, Seattle's fans are not adorning themselves with sportsmanship. If Seattle goes on to win, which would surprise no one, we will remember this behavior and mentally link Seattle fans with Pittsburgh fans. That is a shame. But there isn't much you as one fan can do to moderate such talk. Packers fans often tell another Pack fan when they are being stupid. We have a sort of unspoken pride in a good heritage that should be protected. Perhaps this will develop with Seattle. It is a common phrase; "Act as though you have been there before." with Packer fans.

Lambeau is a place every fan should have an opportunity to visit. If you can tolerate the cold, Lambeau in December is a trip for the ages..

You're posts have been good. I'm sorry you will miss the game, but it is cool that you get to travel. My position took me to Germany on a number of occasions and it was eye opening for an isolated American country boy. Travelling abroad has a way of expanding one's world view.

I was hoping after last year, and that heavy weight was lifted, the fans would be a little more down to earth. Enjoy the spoils for a while, then get back to business. But hey, as long as a few of us are respectful, there is hope! Don't want to feel the wrath of the mods! Steeler fans... yeah I've gone head to head with them a few times. I'll do my best not to get lumped in there.

Oh Lambeau is on the list in short order. Next year or two I hope. If so, first round is on me! I do love my world travel, just sometimes the timing is poor. It's been very educational, as you suggest. But alas, I digress... Back to football!

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm telling you. Lacy is gonna gash that Seattle RUN D for over 150 yards. Everybody keeps talking about Rodgers but I am betting the bank the GB is gonna run run run on them all night long and milk the clock. Run hard for the first 3 quarters. Long drives to milk the clock. Their D will be tired by the 4th. Rodgers can eat them alive in the 4th after. This is how you beat Seattle.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle can't stop Lacy. This is gonna be the factor on Sunday. Seattle's run defense isn't that great.

What exactly are you basing this on?

The fact that Seattle was 3rd in the league in total yards against the run, or the fact that Seattle was second in the league defensively giving up only 3.4 yards a carry? Lacy's monster 12 for 34, 2.8 yards per carry performance in the opener? I realize that was way back in week one but it's still more relevant than an out of nowhere "Seattle's run defense isn't that great" perspective.

Only 4 running backs ran for more than 55 yards on Seattle all year and only Jamal Charles and Demarco Murray ran for more than 100.

Not that great though.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I wrestled for over 20 years and early on in my career my father sat me down and told me that 'No matter how tough you think you are, there is always someone tougher.' It has kept me humble to this day. This is also why I am so ingrained into the Packers philosophy and demeanour. Fans are a reflection of their team. If the team is arrogant and brash the for the most part the fans are the same. The Packers are a community owned team and so they have a community feel to their fan base. It seems that the Seahawks fans need a lesson in humility but for that to happen their team does also.
Just as someone else here stated 'Act like you've been there before'.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vocal minority doesn't represent the majority. Trying to say that "for the most part" Seahawks fans are arrogant and lack humility is kind of ignorant; more ignorant than just being confident in a football team who lately, is very consistent and wins most of the time. If you're communicating with fans of any team on the internet, your chances of running into turds is going to be pretty high.

Some of us are here to talk about the game. Some of us are also confident in our team. I personally will be shocked if the Seahawks lose this game. Not because I'm arrogant, not because I haven't 'been there before'. I know football fairly well and I saw the match up problems Seattle posed for Green Bay in the 2012 game, I saw the match up problems this year, and I continue to see them. Doesn't mean Green Bay isn't a great team, with the best QB, and a good coaching staff who could come up here and pull out a win. I personally don't see that happening though. Is that arrogance?

Seems like if you're a fan of another team and cruise to their boards to discuss a game, unless you suck up and act like your team has no shot, you're immediately labeled as an arrogant troll.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly are you basing this on?

The fact that Seattle was 3rd in the league in total yards against the run, or the fact that Seattle was second in the league defensively giving up only 3.4 yards a carry? Lacy's monster 12 for 34, 2.8 yards per carry performance in the opener? I realize that was way back in week one but it's still more relevant than an out of nowhere "Seattle's run defense isn't that great" perspective.

Only 4 running backs ran for more than 55 yards on Seattle all year and only Jamal Charles and Demarco Murray ran for more than 100.

Not that great though.

Seattle's run defense is good. No doubt about it. I do not agree with the poster who said it's not that great.

Based on running very well against a better run defense in Detroit though, the Packers may be able to run vs. Seattle. Detroit gave up about 70 per game and the Packers put up 150.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem the Packers will face in the run game is that calf injury that I already hate talking about but it has to be mentioned in regards to the run. Seattle plays very sound base defense without changing things much whether the play is a run or pass. If Rodgers is once again limited and not really a threat to take off, you really give the defense a break. They can crash down on play fakes without worrying about losing contain. Carolina ran the ball fairly effectively against Seattle because Newton is a threat to run himself, defenders had to wait on the play fake to resolve itself before crashing down or risk leaving a wide open lane for Newton to run in. If Rodgers lacks mobility, you're allowing at least one if not two extra defenders to attack the back without fear of leaving a wide open lane for the QB. And if he were to try on a gimpy leg he might get some yards but is also a prime candidate for an Earl Thomas missile.

Not saying that Lacy isn't a good back. The guy is tough. He's going to have to earn it by being physical and breaking tackles.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem the Packers will face in the run game is that calf injury that I already hate talking about but it has to be mentioned in regards to the run. Seattle plays very sound base defense without changing things much whether the play is a run or pass. If Rodgers is once again limited and not really a threat to take off, you really give the defense a break. They can crash down on play fakes without worrying about losing contain. Carolina ran the ball fairly effectively against Seattle because Newton is a threat to run himself, defenders had to wait on the play fake to resolve itself before crashing down or risk leaving a wide open lane for Newton to run in. If Rodgers lacks mobility, you're allowing at least one if not two extra defenders to attack the back without fear of leaving a wide open lane for the QB. And if he were to try on a gimpy leg he might get some yards but is also a prime candidate for an Earl Thomas missile.

Not saying that Lacy isn't a good back. The guy is tough. He's going to have to earn it by being physical and breaking tackles.

But if Seattle crashes down on play fakes, they leave throwing lanes wide open. Of course Rodgers being hurt helps Seattle, but the point of a play fake in the Packers offenses is not for Rodgers to run, it's for him to pass.

If Seattle bits on play fakes, it will be highly beneficial towards the Packers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Correction: Alleged Packer fan.

Maybe he got it wrong but does it really matter. Things already weren't going well with the ball going right through Jordy's hand into a Seahawk defender's hands giving the Seahawks a very short field. When Bulaga went down it took the small chance we had to pull it out and the game was basically over changing the whole complexion of the game.

Throw in Brad Jones "extending yet another drive" that led to a "TD" and we had no chance.

If Rodgers throws an interception close to our end zone. If Bulaga gets hurt and leaves game in either 2nd or 3rd qtr for that matter and Brad Jones extends a "scoring drive on 3rd down" then were not winning this game.

With that said 2 of the 3 I feel good about not happening. I am sure you know what one causes concern.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Maybe he got it wrong but does it really matter. Things already weren't going well with the ball going right through Jordy's hand into a Seahawk defender's hands giving the Seahawks a very short field. When Bulaga went down it took the small chance we had to pull it out and the game was basically over changing the whole complexion of the game.

Throw in Brad Jones "extending yet another drive" that led to a "TD" and we had no chance.

If Rodgers throws an interception close to our end zone. If Bulaga gets hurt and leaves game in either 2nd or 3rd qtr for that matter and Brad Jones extends a "scoring drive on 3rd down" then were not winning this game.

With that said 2 of the 3 I feel good about not happening. I am sure you know what one causes concern.

Brad Jones has done that a few times this year. They should bench him for this game. It might actually benefit the team more than hurt them.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brad Jones has done that a few times this year. They should bench him for this game. It might actually benefit the team more than hurt them.

I really don't know how this guy stays on the roster other then "were paying him guaranteed money this year so were gonna use him." I don't trust this guy at all. Why not just bring Joe Thomas up from the practice squad and play him. I mean how much more could he kill us then Brad Jones? Joe Thomas might actually make plays or at the very least not "kill us."

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if Seattle crashes down on play fakes, they leave throwing lanes wide open. Of course Rodgers being hurt helps Seattle, but the point of a play fake in the Packers offenses is not for Rodgers to run, it's for him to pass.

If Seattle bits on play fakes, it will be highly beneficial towards the Packers.

the way Seattle plays defense throwing lanes may be open but Kam Chancellor will be in the middle of the field. If you want to see guys going over the middle and catching the ball and getting blown up, we'll take that as a win.

Packer fans keep citing the Detroit game as evidence that they will be able to run, however it's interesting that in the first half of that game before Rodgers was hurt the Packers ran up 100+ yards on 17 carries for roughly 6.5 yards per carry, but after Rodgers went down and was no longer a mobile threat, the rush yards in the second half were nearly about 20 attempts for 40 yards / 2 yards per carry.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting that fans cry about other fans visiting their message boards putting down their team while the hosts demonize their opponents (seahawks.net is not immune to this either). I think people need to grow a thicker skin. I would think the hosts would love a little debate unless people want a broken record of praise from the choir so to speak.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting that fans cry about other fans visiting their message boards putting down their team while the hosts demonize their opponents (seahawks.net is not immune to this either). I think people need to grow a thicker skin. I would think the hosts would love a little debate unless people want a broken record of praise from the choir so to speak.
we welcome debate, but not much to debate when the majority of a fan base is planning their superbowl victory party already.

Packers are a legit opponent, regardless of what altered reality Seattle fans are known for. #1 team in passer rating differential, which is one of the best stats imo. Seattle is #2 the last I looked. Yes Rodgers is hurt, but that doesnt mean the Packers are guaranteed a lose

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
the way Seattle plays defense throwing lanes may be open but Kam Chancellor will be in the middle of the field. If you want to see guys going over the middle and catching the ball and getting blown up, we'll take that as a win.

Packer fans keep citing the Detroit game as evidence that they will be able to run, however it's interesting that in the first half of that game before Rodgers was hurt the Packers ran up 100+ yards on 17 carries for roughly 6.5 yards per carry, but after Rodgers went down and was no longer a mobile threat, the rush yards in the second half were nearly about 20 attempts for 40 yards / 2 yards per carry.

Ummm, this is another example of what I see Seahawk fans do which is take some stat and not relate it to the context of the situation in the game. If you go back and watch the "tape" I think what you will find is Detroit tried to stop our run game with a 6 man box and they ended up joining the "bozo" club.

They made an adjustment and started to bring a safety down somewhere in the 3rd qtr to help slow down our run game which opened up the middle and "killing them with Cobb". Also, there were several Lacy runs at the end of the game where we were simply trying to run the clock out.

The bottom line: We dominated the LOS against Detroit as we came out and ran it right down there throat and I think they might of touched Rodgers in the passing game once. Oh, and that time Suh stepped on our QB's leg because he was so frustrated from getting beat by a 5th round rookie all day.

We've Seen and played Suh. What are you gonna do? Throw Kevin Williams at us? We seen that show against Minnesota last year.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your centers "Glass Leg" right now more then throwing stones at our running game and O-line?

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My homer thoughts are in order for the Pack to have a chance, they must run the football. I said earlier that I didn't think the Hawks will have to crowd the box but that changes if the Packers max protect which they did repeatedly against Dallas. The real question is if they leave Chancellor to roam the field or bring him up in the box. Lacy is a North-South runner and those type of backs don't fare to well against us. I am much more concerned about Starks who are a hybrid of power and shiftiness. The Hawks should expect to see Traps, counters, and pulling of the guards (a different look from week 1). Last week because they had to key in on Newton and Stewart.

The reason I am not too concerned is Bobby Wagner. When he was absent was the only times teams were successful running the football. It is virtually impossible to run sideline-to-sideline against our defense but teams have been successful running off tackle. Dallas only had success against us when Wagner went out. There is a reason why journalists are writing about our defense being the greatest of all time. Since Rodgers is immobile, the Hawks can also have KJ Wright and Bruce Irvin key in on the run and let Chancellor introduce himself to the Packer receivers. The Hawks are very fast on artificial turf... the packers have had trouble. Lions, Bills, Saints and Seahawks. Very hard for me to envision a Packer victory.

Last edited:

Members online