Official Seattle thread

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to have make the choice of "stacking the box" or "playing coverage". It's simple numbers people. 6 in the box then pound Lacy. Bring the clowns down for the "bozo show" and it's "5 on 5". The big Key being to contain there edge guys in the passing game. I believe Bulaga and Bak can do it. Detroit has a better defense for beating us IMO as they have proven they can go 6 in tight and stop our run game. I don't believe the Seahawks can with there current front.

On defense play them like they play everyone else. Stack em and make guys like Kearse and Baldwin make "one handed catches" against our db's.

They have an advantage of playing at home but if we don't turn ball over I believe we win. If they can stop our running game with 6 in and beat our db's one on one they deserve to win. I don't think they can.

I'm going to respectfully disagree on parts of this. Seattle doesn't give you a lot of different looks on defense. With the news of Maxwell being able to go, there won't be a lot of shifting going on. Maxwell and Sherman on the corners is a pretty tough match up for any receiver. That's not to say there aren't yards to be had but they aren't going to be easy to get. And if you do, Chancellor will likely make you pay for it. I do agree that contain on the edges is going to be critical for the Pack O line so I think that is a see how it plays out during the game.

Mobile QB's tend to give our O line more difficulty, hence why Carolina had some success against us. That's part of the reason I'm dwelling on the health of AR so much. If you take that away, leave the LOB out there to patrol the middle and edges, that puts an awful lot on Lacy to have a lot of success on the 3rd ranked rush defense and AR to have a lot of success against the number 1 pass defense in the game. Factor in that it's in a building that is pretty impossible to communicate in and it's just my opinion that is a tall order. Again, if there is any offense I think could do it, it's GB but it's in no way going to be as simple as numbers.

On defense for the Packers, I think you're missing a few things. TE Luke Willson would be the first. He has been on fire the last several weeks. If you 'play them like everyone plays them', RW is going to burn you either with his legs or his arm. Kearse and Baldwin have the ability to make those catches. It's not really something our offense does a lot, so you don't see it a lot but when they do have the chance to make those plays, more often than not they do. If you correct for that, there's the little matter of Marshawn Lynch.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm going to respectfully disagree on parts of this. Seattle doesn't give you a lot of different looks on defense. With the news of Maxwell being able to go, there won't be a lot of shifting going on. Maxwell and Sherman on the corners is a pretty tough match up for any receiver. That's not to say there aren't yards to be had but they aren't going to be easy to get. And if you do, Chancellor will likely make you pay for it. I do agree that contain on the edges is going to be critical for the Pack O line so I think that is a see how it plays out during the game.

Mobile QB's tend to give our O line more difficulty, hence why Carolina had some success against us. That's part of the reason I'm dwelling on the health of AR so much. If you take that away, leave the LOB out there to patrol the middle and edges, that puts an awful lot on Lacy to have a lot of success on the 3rd ranked rush defense and AR to have a lot of success against the number 1 pass defense in the game. Factor in that it's in a building that is pretty impossible to communicate in and it's just my opinion that is a tall order. Again, if there is any offense I think could do it, it's GB but it's in no way going to be as simple as numbers.

On defense for the Packers, I think you're missing a few things. TE Luke Willson would be the first. He has been on fire the last several weeks. If you 'play them like everyone plays them', RW is going to burn you either with his legs or his arm. Kearse and Baldwin have the ability to make those catches. It's not really something our offense does a lot, so you don't see it a lot but when they do have the chance to make those plays, more often than not they do. If you correct for that, there's the little matter of Marshawn Lynch.

Yes it is simple numbers. If you can't stop us with 6 in the box you have to up that number to 7, I don't even think seahawks will attempt to go 6 in the box. They will go 7 I believe so that opens up our 5 on 5 and having one less guy in defending our pass. You can get away with putting Chancellor up close to the line against Kam Newton and there limited perimeter weapons but I wanna see you guys try it against our guys and how are offense is playing right now.

What good QB have you even played since Tony Romo? I know Seahawk fans think it is going to be "easy sledding" like it's been stacking the box against very sub-par QB's and forcing them to throw with the opposing teams having a limited passing games. I see this completely different. I don't think the Seahawks have been faced with a challenge like they will Sunday with there current rotation up front.

I also see a potential problem for Seahawks right in the middle of that defensive line. I saw even Carolina have running lanes up in there against your stacked box. I believe the Seahawk secondary is good but I will take our weapons with Aaron Rodgers and a game of 5 on 5 against anyone. Yes even the big Legion of Boom. Time to earn your "hype show" label. This isn't NFC WEST small ball.

The telling tale I believe will be our ability to contain your edge guys. If Bak and Bulaga can do this I love our chances.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle can put 7 in the box and stuff the run because Sherman can shut down a teams best WR. Maxwell and Thomas take out the other WR and force teams to beat them with their tight ends and 3rd WR. The key is Sherman he allows Chancellor to run around because he doesn't have to play cover 2. To beat Seattle. Your tight ends need to make them pay.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to have make the choice of "stacking the box" or "playing coverage". It's simple numbers people. 6 in the box then pound Lacy. Bring the clowns down for the "bozo show" and it's "5 on 5". The big Key being to contain there edge guys in the passing game. I believe Bulaga and Bak can do it. Detroit has a better defense for beating us IMO as they have proven they can go 6 in tight and stop our run game. I don't believe the Seahawks can with there current front.

On defense play them like they play everyone else. Stack em and make guys like Kearse and Baldwin make "one handed catches" against our db's.

They have an advantage of playing at home but if we don't turn ball over I believe we win. If they can stop our running game with 6 in and beat our db's one on one they deserve to win. I don't think they can.

They aren't going to stack the box. I am sure they think they can stop the run with "6". Rodgers is much more dangerous when he can scramble. If the Hawks can contain Lacy or Starks with just 6 and pressure Rodgers, then this could get ugly again. This is why the Hawks are pretty big favorites in Vegas.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just hope special team Sloccum was watching xtra point leap blocks that could be big if there is not a plan for that hopefully, the wrestling coach is in Seattle, with take down technics....
I was thinking the same thing. They should put Kuhn back there to put a shoulder into him when he lands. That seems like a fairly simple solution.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They aren't going to stack the box. I am sure they think they can stop the run with "6". Rodgers is much more dangerous when he can scramble. If the Hawks can contain Lacy or Starks with just 6 and pressure Rodgers, then this could get ugly again. This is why the Hawks are pretty big favorites in Vegas.

Well good luck then and game on with 6. I think that would be very welcomed on our side. Detroit tried. There at the very least just as powerful up front as Hawks and by the 3rd quarter they joined the "bozo club" bringing a guy down. Might want to pop that tape in before you make your bet. IMO that's what Vegas might be betting on is that Hawks can slow us down with 6 up front. Well see.

Let's have a great game. ;)

Last edited:

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well good luck then and game on with 6. I think that would be very welcomed on our side. Detroit tried. There at the very least just as powerful up front as Hawks and by the 3rd quarter they joined the "bozo club" bringing a guy down. Might want to pop that tape in before you make your bet. IMO that's what Vegas might be betting on is that Hawks can slow us down with 6 up front. Well see.

They don't usually stack the box. They did against Carolina because they had a wishbone type attack that was focused on the run with three different options in many of their formations on first down. They had a two back set but Cam is a duel threat as well.
Green Bay has had a lot of success in running the football the 2nd half of the season. It will be a cat and mouse game. If the Packers can run the ball effectively then they can keep Kam Chancellor out of the secondary because he will have to provide support against the run. Teams try to keep their receivers away from him because he sends them to the sidelines with injuries to be honest but the Packers will have to prove they can run the ball first. This is why the Hawks have dismantled so many elite quarterbacks; most teams can't do both well.

This is why balance is so key against the Hawks and your team does have that balance. Looking over your last 6 games the Packers have run wild on opponents so some of the time the Hawks will crowd the box and blitz but they are pretty stubborn about their mantra "it is all about us", in other words nobody dictates what they will do. They live by it, breathe by it and will sometimes die by it.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are over complicating this it seems. When two top teams play each other theres a couple things that will sway the outcome.

1: win the turnover battle- (whoever wins it probably goes to the SB)

2: penalties-(couple calls go our way or go their way and the game can get away in a hurry)

3: whoever controlls the line on both sides-(you hear about this all the time for a reason)

4:injuries-(Rodgers may be hobbled but they're not completely healthy n a play that were to take say Lynch, Lacey, Cobb, Nelson, Wagner, Chancellor, E. Thomas or Sherman could n wouldchange the games complextion.)

Either team that gets the most of those 4 points to go their way wins.... I got Rodgers playing a clean game and winning the battle in the trenchs so unless alot of flags go against us I got Pack 27-24

Reaction score
I'll take GB and 6 points in the NFC Championship game.. like you brother, I have faith and subscribe to mind over matter.. The world teaches us to submit to it and its theory of being a product of our environment.. I answer with this... "we always always always have a say in the outcome.. it comes down to the intensity of our beliefs in a state of mind over matter" This is why I was not alone clapping at the end of the box office movie "Unbroken"

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. They should put Kuhn back there to put a shoulder into him when he lands. That seems like a fairly simple solution.

Like everybody else, I was amazed when Chancellor jumped in there like that on that FG attempt. There's not a lot of risk imo because if he goes early and is off-sides, they just move it 5 yards closer and it was already very close anyway.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it's just a gimmicky play that won't work happen with any regularity. All you have to do is make sure you don't run the play clock to zero before the FG and vary the snap count.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it's just a gimmicky play that won't work happen with any regularity. All you have to do is make sure you don't run the play clock to zero before the FG and vary the snap count.

I would have thought Chancellor would have waited to do this until a really big FG attempt like a game winner. I highly doubt he gets close to a block again by jumping the line.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'll take GB and 6 points in the NFC Championship game.. like you brother, I have faith and subscribe to mind over matter.. The world teaches us to submit to it and its theory of being a product of our environment.. I answer with this... "we always always always have a say in the outcome.. it comes down to the intensity of our beliefs in a state of mind over matter" This is why I was not alone clapping at the end of the box office movie "Unbroken"

I was referring to them trying to play us with "6 in the box". Detroit tried to do the same thing and had to bring a safety down later in game as they were not successful. The point spread is actually 7.5 right now. Personally I like the "money line' as I agree with you that Aaron and our boys will have a say in the matter. I am a believer that were gonna like it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wondering why Chancellor's leaping forward wasn't considered a 15 yd. penalty? Was he within 1 yd. of the line of scrimmage when it was snapped? ... or is it that he didn't land on another player?
"(q) Running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick and landing on players, unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped."

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_2013_Player_Conduct.pdf

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wondering why Chancellor's leaping forward wasn't considered a 15 yd. penalty? Was he within 1 yd. of the line of scrimmage when it was snapped? ... or is it that he didn't land on another player?
"(q) Running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick and landing on players, unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped."

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_2013_Player_Conduct.pdf

Well they said it was legal during game, IDK. Might be something they take a look at I imagine. Either way I doubt well see that Sunday.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just looking at the rule, I don't know for sure, but is looked like he was within yard of the line of scrimmage.

Also, he didn't land on anybody. Could be either or both of those reasons.

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking at the rule, I don't know for sure, but is looked like he was within yard of the line of scrimmage.

Also, he didn't land on anybody. Could be either or both of those reasons.
The key word is "and". You have to land on someone and he clearly cleared the OL. Notice the OG tried to briefly raise up trying to stop Chancellor as this was his second straight successful attempt. Caroll mentioned that they saw something on tape that suggested this would work.

H

HardRightEdge

Blocking kicks is the least thing the Packers have to worry about from Cam Chancellor.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blocking kicks is the least thing the Packers have to worry about from Cam Chancellor.
Agree. Chancellor stuffs the running game and negates the short passing game because he plays like a linebacker. Seattle doesn't need to play cover 2 because Sherman is such a greT shut down corner that doesn't need safety help.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say I think two best in NFC are NFC Champioship. I think we can beat them but will turn can Capers Game plan to stop their running game and we can we contain Wilson from running.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Seattle can put 7 in the box and stuff the run because Sherman can shut down a teams best WR. Maxwell and Thomas take out the other WR and force teams to beat them with their tight ends and 3rd WR. The key is Sherman he allows Chancellor to run around because he doesn't have to play cover 2. To beat Seattle. Your tight ends need to make them pay.

So what happens when we put Cobb in the backfield like we did Sunday with multiple receivers? Who goes where then?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lacy sits on the bench.

My point is there are other ways to beat Seattle and the poster is saying you have to do it with a TE which is not true. San Diego was forced to do it that way because they have very limited speed at receiver so some people think "that's how you beat Seattle". Dallas didn't beat them because they have Witten. He had two catches for 24 yards when he played Seattle.

The Rams beat em and they don't have some big dominant TE. Kansas City has a good TE but talk about a team with no perimeter weapons. I think there entire receiving corp had zero TD catches all season. Yes, zero. So you gotta ask yourself who else were they going to throw to?

IMO the TE is one way to exploit them and the two guys we have are good enough to do that used correctly.

The poster is also saying they can afford to play 7 in the box and get away with it. IMO maybe against Ryan Lindley or some of these other joker QB's they have lined up against with there available weapons. Now it seems he also grouping not just Sherman to be able to lock down our receivers but Thomas and Maxwell (who currently has pneumonia btw) to also be able to "lock our guys down". I like our match ups there with Cobb, Jordy, Adams assuming Rodgers has reasonable time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts