Official Seattle thread

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone please explain the slide after the INT. to me, thats when we gave this game away.
It's inexplicable. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Peppers was motioning him to get down when he should have been blocking. Burnett should have ignored Peppers and kept running. Why do you give the other team at least 20+ free yards? It's very likely that the only thing standing between him and the endzone would have been Wilson and he doesn't impress me as a tackler. The game should have been essentially over on that play.

gdeloian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so I'm not nuts then? I mean I saw him go down and was utterly dumbfounded, screaming at the TV "WHHYYYYYYYY???" The commentators didnt even discuss it. They just stated it as a fact. It made no sense to me at all. I feel like there MUST be a reason for him to go down in that spot, but for the life of me, I cant figure it out.

gdeloian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just watched a GIF of it. The Burnett interception is the single most dumbfounding play I have ever seen in my life. That is where Green Bay literally gave this game away.

Reaction score
Last week we went run, run, pass twice in the final drive to end the game.

Difference this week is the line did not get it done to set up a 3rd and 14, which in Seattle, is very unlikely to pick up even throwing.

Plus, our defense at the time was still playing lights out. Up two scores that late with a defense playing great and 40 seconds less on the clock was not a bad situation to be in.

We have used the same gone run, run, pass in every game this year with a late lead to seal it. Nobody complained when the players executed and it worked though.
Last week we went run, run, pass twice in the final drive to end the game.

Difference this week is the line did not get it done to set up a 3rd and 14, which in Seattle, is very unlikely to pick up even throwing.

Plus, our defense at the time was still playing lights out. Up two scores that late with a defense playing great and 40 seconds less on the clock was not a bad situation to be in.

We have used the same gone run, run, pass in every game this year with a late lead to seal it. Nobody complained when the players executed and it worked though.
With all due respect. Youre in denial. We ran the ball 3 times in a row second to last drive. It was clearly a choice to try to run the clock. There is no other reasonable theory. Issue I have is there was too much time on the clock still and Seattle had 3 time outs. Actually 4. With 2 minute warning. And used 2 of them. A 1st down would have been the equivalent of a FG. Not to mention field position. In my humble estimation 2 1st downs and up 12 points would've been the equivalent of being up 3 scores because we would've taken it to the 2 minute warning and eliminated another free timeout. Plus we would have the ball around the 50 yard line. Then you run run run run we jumped the gun N we go -4. Then -2 then repeat it a third time on 3rd n 16. I appreciate your loyalty. But we played not to lose. And did and this the playoffs. You dictate you don't let others dictate.
We learned the hard way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That went downhill very, very quickly. I agree with the comment on how this was a Pack loss, not a seahawks win. sure they looked like a monster down the stretch, but any team can look that good when the other team gives them chance after chance like we did.

The loss starts with McCarthy. while I don't have any specific complaint the ctual plus called, you don't get to the superbowl by kicking field goals from the half yard line. show some stones. the seahawks took a risk with the fake field goal and it payed off. But we would not be having this conversation if the red zone offense wasn't totally incompetent. You have to capitalize in the red zone. Especially in the playoffs, and especially against a team like the Hawks. That is on the whole offense. Props to the O-Line, they played very well in this game and had a terrific season. It is refreshing that what was once one of our greatest weakness is now one of our greatest strengths, so kudos.

I would also like to say I never want to see brandon bostick on the field ever again. that was a terrible mistake that cost us the game.

Which brings me to Clinton-Dix. He had a great game. that one handed INT was a pretty slick move. But you CANNOT just stand and watch the play on a crucial 2 pt conversation. The ball was in the air for FOREVER on that play. Ha-ha is standing RIGHT THERE and does not make a play on the ball whatsoever. You can't do that. Smarten up, son.

The Pack had every opportunity to put this one away and failed miserably. something needs to change here, this song and dance is getting old. where is the leadership with this team? where is the drive, the ability to execute when everything is on the line? we have a great team but for some reason always fall short when it counts. the win last week was great, but even that could have ended bad if certain calls had have gone the other way.

all I'm saying is that this team needs a wake up call. it's time to start executing and showing up when it counts. I understand that we just lost in OT in the NFC championship game, but this team is capable of more. but mistakes and failure to execute when it counts continues to be a constant with this team. until that changes, the packers can not be considered a threat among the elite in the NFL.
Well said. There are 2 breeds of people.
Those who make excuses. And those pony up

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just watched a GIF of it. The Burnett interception is the single most dumbfounding play I have ever seen in my life. That is where Green Bay literally gave this game away.

The hail mary 2 pt conversion is it for me. How does Ha Ha just stand there and not even react to the ball? It's like he's trying to throw the game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The hail mary 2 pt conversion is it for me. How does Ha Ha just stand there and not even react to the ball? It's like he's trying to throw the game.

I agree--HAHA just sort of stops and lets the ball be caught..

the burnett int I can sort of understand...In about one second he has to gather a lot of information..

He believes that our offense can run out the clock and running back the int is a risk he didnt want to take

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Burnett's defense, you can see on the replay from behind that Peppers tells him to go down.
...which is also inexplicable, unless someone one the sideline was screaming for him to get down, in which case I'd like to know who that was.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this loss has left me numb. i can't believe we lost this game, and that is the point WE LOST this game

at half-time i was texting a friend and said that we needed another TD to be sure, and all we managed was one f******* fg(not including the game tying one).

we seemed in the second half to just not play with the conviction we did in the first half, and to not lose, which ultimately this mindset caused us to. obviously some individual errors didn't help either .

there's always next year lads

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I barely found sleep right after the game and I'm still licking my wounds.
Packers were playing a hell of a game for more than 3 1/2 quarters just to blow it away with only 3 or 4 minutes left. Wow. :(
On the other hand - this is why football is such a thrilling sports, anything can change within a couple minutes. Needless to say I'd have wished another outcome for us. Bad play calling, bad execution or just bad luck - it doesnt matter anymore. We will have another try next year and we will be contenders again.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah too conservative. Mike McCarthy is no better than Mike Sherman was. This game is MM's version of the 2003 Eagles loss.
I have been a Packer fan since birth 73 years ago. I now live in New Englan but the Packer flag flys right under the American flag and everyone in our small town knows the Packer fan. I agree. McCarthy and Sherman. The second half MM decided he was ahead by enough so let's play not lose. I think the Packers as a team are as good as the Seahawks. Also why after Sherman was hurt did they not test him, they had Nelson lined up against him several times. A one armed man beat us in the second half. Second and thirty one, no qb pressure, let Wilson sit back there for 30 seconds waiting for someone to come open. That seemed to break the back of the "D". Should have went for the td's when it was at the goal line but that is MM again. I
I watched the Patriot's after the Packers game. Belicheck doesn't care how far ahead he is, he doesn't slow down. That would take your team away from their comfort zone. It is hard to get it going again once you slow down and that is what MM did to the Packer team.
Yes there were mistakes by the team, but none worse than the coaching. I like the sideline shots of MM in the second half when things weren't going good. He starts looking at the heavens as if asking for divine help. The best thing the Packers could do is get rid of him and find a coach who isn't lost.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a Packer fan since birth 73 years ago. I now live in New Englan but the Packer flag flys right under the American flag and everyone in our small town knows the Packer fan. I agree. McCarthy and Sherman. The second half MM decided he was ahead by enough so let's play not lose. I think the Packers as a team are as good as the Seahawks. Also why after Sherman was hurt did they not test him, they had Nelson lined up against him several times. A one armed man beat us in the second half. Second and thirty one, no qb pressure, let Wilson sit back there for 30 seconds waiting for someone to come open. That seemed to break the back of the "D". Should have went for the td's when it was at the goal line but that is MM again. I
I watched the Patriot's after the Packers game. Belicheck doesn't care how far ahead he is, he doesn't slow down. That would take your team away from their comfort zone. It is hard to get it going again once you slow down and that is what MM did to the Packer team.
Yes there were mistakes by the team, but none worse than the coaching. I like the sideline shots of MM in the second half when things weren't going good. He starts looking at the heavens as if asking for divine help. The best thing the Packers could do is get rid of him and find a coach who isn't lost.

I agree, and as much as I hate Billichick, I agree with his philosophy of "keeping the pedal to metal" no matter how big of a lead you have. Because of this, you rarely see NE give up leads. MM on the other hand does lets up all the time and it makes me furious! I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD COACHES WHO CHANGE THEIR GAME PLAN WHEN THE PLAY CALLING THEIR USING IS WORKING! If it works, it ain't broke, so don't fix it! Someone needs to sit down with MM and try to get this through his thick skull! He seems to be more afraid of someone accusing him of running up the score than he is about losing games. To hell with the crybabies...if you need to run up 100 points to win the damn game, then do it!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep blaming coaching, that will fix everything. Dix makes an INT or at the very least knocks the duck down, Quarless catches a 1st down, Bostick makes what should have been an easy, uncontested onside recovery and this game is OVER and we're going to AZ. There were 10 0ther plays out there that PLAYERS didn't make. Rodgers having his right ankle buckle and end up missing lacy on a well set up screen play, missing Nelson in the endzone, Burnett not at least running till he had people trying to tackle him. He could have gotten to the edge of scoring position at the very least. Dix having another pic that went right thru his hands earlier in the game. There were plays all over that field to be made and they didn't. Blame coaches all you want, it was the plays left on the field that cost them.

People want to ***** about going for 3 instead of a TD on 4th down. Well, we had lots of plays from short yardage and FAILED. Let's try it again, LOL. Or only up 3-0 with not much momentum gained or lost either way, we go for it, miss and next play Lynch busts off a 40 yarder from the half yard line and beast mode starts early in the first quarter, yeah, that's what we wanted.

Those FG's did exactly what we needed them too. Seattle is a team that plays off momentum. You could tell they were feeling pressure, even at 6-0. GB kept going on drives and getting points. They had no answer other than when GB stopped themselves. Seattle started pressing on offense to make something happen. That Dix INT was a direct result of that. I knew they were going to go deep and try to get something started before this game got away from them and so did Capers and have the perfect defense called that was executed to perfection. Wilson was pressing, they got away from the read option and the running game and we were rolling.

Then we watched the clock and got beat. Not by coaching, but by plays

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it about the playing the Seahawks that throws the Packers in the Twilight Zone? Between this game and the Fail Mary game, it's like a bad dream.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep blaming coaching, that will fix everything. Dix makes an INT or at the very least knocks the duck down, Quarless catches a 1st down, Bostick makes what should have been an easy, uncontested onside recovery and this game is OVER and we're going to AZ. There were 10 0ther plays out there that PLAYERS didn't make. Rodgers having his right ankle buckle and end up missing lacy on a well set up screen play, missing Nelson in the endzone, Burnett not at least running till he had people trying to tackle him. He could have gotten to the edge of scoring position at the very least. Dix having another pic that went right thru his hands earlier in the game. There were plays all over that field to be made and they didn't. Blame coaches all you want, it was the plays left on the field that cost them.

People want to ***** about going for 3 instead of a TD on 4th down. Well, we had lots of plays from short yardage and FAILED. Let's try it again, LOL. Or only up 3-0 with not much momentum gained or lost either way, we go for it, miss and next play Lynch busts off a 40 yarder from the half yard line and beast mode starts early in the first quarter, yeah, that's what we wanted.

Those FG's did exactly what we needed them too. Seattle is a team that plays off momentum. You could tell they were feeling pressure, even at 6-0. GB kept going on drives and getting points. They had no answer other than when GB stopped themselves. Seattle started pressing on offense to make something happen. That Dix INT was a direct result of that. I knew they were going to go deep and try to get something started before this game got away from them and so did Capers and have the perfect defense called that was executed to perfection. Wilson was pressing, they got away from the read option and the running game and we were rolling.

Fans have a blame coaching obsession.
Two INTs also lead to only have 16 points in the first half. Some ignore that though and just blame not going for it on 4th down.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, and as much as I hate Billichick, I agree with his philosophy of "keeping the pedal to metal" no matter how big of a lead you have. Because of this, you rarely see NE give up leads. MM on the other hand does lets up all the time and it makes me furious! I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD COACHES WHO CHANGE THEIR GAME PLAN WHEN THE PLAY CALLING THEIR USING IS WORKING! If it works, it ain't broke, so don't fix it! Someone needs to sit down with MM and try to get this through his thick skull! He seems to be more afraid of someone accusing him of running up the score than he is about losing games. To hell with the crybabies...if you need to run up 100 points to win the damn game, then do it!

Give up leads all the time? Can you give examples of all those games they have lost. Rodgers is now 40-3 when having lead like that.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course MM had nothing to due with getting to that game and getting the lead in the first place...

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't disagree that there were plays out there to be made. My personal opinion is that McCarthy plays not to lose when he has a lead as opposed to keeping the pedal to the metal. Who cares if the score is 50 to 0. Let's keep it rolling. It is very difficult to slow down and play safe until the pressure is back on as an athlete.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree that there were plays out there to be made. My personal opinion is that McCarthy plays not to lose when he has a lead as opposed to keeping the pedal to the metal. Who cares if the score is 50 to 0. Let's keep it rolling. It is very difficult to slow down and play safe until the pressure is back on as an athlete.

Agree here 100%. Every once in awhile Belichick gets accused of running up the score on someone. But wouldn't you rather be accused of that and be the arguably the greatest head coach of all time? It's not often you hear about the Patriots losing big leads and letting other teams hang around.

I never feel safe with a lead as a Packer fan because i know we have a penchant for letting teams hang around.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and when we were rolling, we weren't scoring 50, we were moving the ball and taking time and getting field goals, 1 TD is all the offense scored and it wasn't for lack of plays being called. Seattle does have a good defense, people bring up the Pats/Colts, well the colts don't have anything like the Seattle defense in terms of how frequently they cause turnovers, how quickly they can score on defense, or how quickly they can change momentum. The Packers had that game, I don't blame them for being conservative in their play calls overall. The way the defense was just shooting gaps, Lacy slips by that first wave and he's got the first down and the game is over.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Between Lynch and Baldwin's behavior before the media, the Patriots are actually starting to look likeable. Never thought I'd think that.

Members online

Latest posts