Official Seattle thread

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't so much as a Seattle win (sorry Hawk fans) as a Packers loss.

Pack needs to really reevaluate how they do things.

As incompetent as we were near the end of the game, it took some great football to take advantage of it. We did screw up in letting them have that opportunity, but they took that opportunity and rolled over us. They looked like the superior team in those final minutes, not like a team being handed a victory. When we lined up for the field goal I sort of hoped Crosby would just miss it, rather than endure the inevitable in overtime defeat. Green Bay looked like bumbling idiots and Seattle looked confident and driven.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great effort, poor results. You have to play aggressive for 4 quarters. Unfortunately, GB did for only 3. Sad melt down which started with the interception kneel-down. WTF! Could have, should have been, but another season wasted with a franchise QB. How many more do we have!?

Give 'em credit. They played aggressive for about 55 minutes then went to hell in five.

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The critical aspect was 3 FGs in the first half. Had GB converted one this game is out of reach by halftime.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I went into this game thinking that Seattle was the superior team and that Packers had little chance to win.

I came out of this game realizing that the Packers lost to an inferior team. 55 minutes of near complete dominance + 5 minutes of an unbelievable string of highly unlikely events = a surprise finish.

Oh, well. See you all draft day.

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You took us to wire Packer fans. I'm pretty sure it's no consolation, but you have a great team. Could have gone either way.

markkelly98052

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went into this game thinking that Seattle was the superior team and that Packers had little chance to win.

I came out of this game realizing that the Packers lost to an inferior team. 55 minutes of near complete dominance + 5 minutes of an unbelievable string of highly unlikely events = a surprise finish.

Oh, well. See you all draft day.
Really? I think most impartial observers would say the best team won but, to GB's credit, they almost got the upset. Worst 1st half in Seattle (and maybe NFL championship game) history but they pulled it out. I've seen every Seahawks game in many years and this was NOT typical play for them. Or any team.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Gutted.
We could/should have been 24+ points infront at HT.
We should have collected the onside kick.
We should have stopped their 2pt conversion.

But, you have to admire the Seahawks, going in 0-16 at HT they could well have crumbled, but they took responsibility individually and i think thats what got them over the line.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM should have seen the defense collapsing and Bostik dropping an onside kick?

If MM knew we would be up 12 with 5 minutes to go and just have to recover an onside kick to win, he'd take the FG's again.
What!!!!
They were playing the Super Bowl champs with a known history of big 2nd halfs. Field goals aren't going to beat them.
Simply gutless!

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am disappointed at the loss. I am more disappointed at some of the so called "fan base"...they are so spoiled. I lived with this team when it really was horrible in the 70s and 80s, so half the people here don't even have a clue about being losers, and could stand to learn a lot how to be a good fan. No one expected the Packers to be here. No one expected them to even compete. It isn't "arrogance" to have faith in your team...and being "arrogant" doesn't come back to bite you....just go and look at some of the Seahawk forums. They are some of the most arrogant fans on the face of the earth, especially the guy who bought his SB ticket without a doubt. You can be disappointed in the loss, but you can look at the fact that this team was a lot better than last year....we have some issues, but we are not the Jaguars.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was perhaps the worst, and most inexcusable collapse of any team in a championship game I've ever seen. GB dominated this game for 55 minutes, then gave it away in the last 5....they had their foot over the throat of SEA for 7/8 of this game and they couldn't finish it...is that on the coach, or was it simply an accumulation of poor play and bad play calling? It wasn't by any means the biggest comeback point wise, but when you consider how GB was dominating this game, the collapse was monumental. Kudos to SEA for never giving up, but this game should've been over (in favor of GB) instead of what played out...I couldn't care less about what MM or Rodgers said in the post game press conference, there was no excuse for this loss....

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That went downhill very, very quickly. I agree with the comment on how this was a Pack loss, not a seahawks win. sure they looked like a monster down the stretch, but any team can look that good when the other team gives them chance after chance like we did.

The loss starts with McCarthy. while I don't have any specific complaint the ctual plus called, you don't get to the superbowl by kicking field goals from the half yard line. show some stones. the seahawks took a risk with the fake field goal and it payed off. But we would not be having this conversation if the red zone offense wasn't totally incompetent. You have to capitalize in the red zone. Especially in the playoffs, and especially against a team like the Hawks. That is on the whole offense. Props to the O-Line, they played very well in this game and had a terrific season. It is refreshing that what was once one of our greatest weakness is now one of our greatest strengths, so kudos.

I would also like to say I never want to see brandon bostick on the field ever again. that was a terrible mistake that cost us the game.

Which brings me to Clinton-Dix. He had a great game. that one handed INT was a pretty slick move. But you CANNOT just stand and watch the play on a crucial 2 pt conversation. The ball was in the air for FOREVER on that play. Ha-ha is standing RIGHT THERE and does not make a play on the ball whatsoever. You can't do that. Smarten up, son.

The Pack had every opportunity to put this one away and failed miserably. something needs to change here, this song and dance is getting old. where is the leadership with this team? where is the drive, the ability to execute when everything is on the line? we have a great team but for some reason always fall short when it counts. the win last week was great, but even that could have ended bad if certain calls had have gone the other way.

all I'm saying is that this team needs a wake up call. it's time to start executing and showing up when it counts. I understand that we just lost in OT in the NFC championship game, but this team is capable of more. but mistakes and failure to execute when it counts continues to be a constant with this team. until that changes, the packers can not be considered a threat among the elite in the NFL.

Reaction score
This loss we deserved. We did EXaCTLY what we have failed at either this year OR past years and didn't improve in these areas which obviously were not an area of focus
1. Red zone offense failure to convert TD within goal to go and multiple tries?
2. Rushing 3 on 3rdand 19? Which our passive behavior allowed a conversion
3. Running up the middle with Lacy 3 times in a row with a "playing not to lose" attitude. For -4. And then -2. And then on 3rd and 16... We run Lacy up the middle again? Any person proficient in time management understands that 1 first down put the nail in the coffin and is equivalent to a score

We deserved this loss due to poor game management IMO. Plays like Bostock would've never been an issue if we didn't go conservative when up by 12 with tons of time left. Our conservativity was an insult to The capabilities of Seattle. They were grossly underestimated and 100% deserve this victory and played a valiant game.

Last edited:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'm happy to be a packers fan when on Packers.com the fan poll for the "player of the game" (seriously they should make the poll be for "who blew the game") goes to Mason Crosby. (not sarcasm). Packers fans rightfully not giving anyone who plays actual football credit for blowing the game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss we deserved. We did EXaCTLY what we have failed at both all year and in past years.
1. Red zone offense failure to convert TD?
2. Rushing 3 on 3rdand 19?
3. Running up the middle with Lacy 3 times in a row with a "playing not to lose" attitude. For -4. And then -2. And then on 3rd and 16... We run Lacy up the middle again? We deserved this loss due to poor game management INO. Plays like Bostock would've never been an issue if we didn't go conservative when up by 12 with tons of time left. Our conservativity was an insult to The capabilities of Seattle. They were grossly underestimated and 100% deserve this victory

Very good summation. Again, play not to lose, and you...lose.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss we deserved. We did EXaCTLY what we have failed at either this year OR past years and didn't improve in these areas which obviously were not an area of focus
3. Running up the middle with Lacy 3 times in a row with a "playing not to lose" attitude. For -4. And then -2. And then on 3rd and 16... We run Lacy up the middle again? Any person proficient in time management understands that 1 first down put the nail in the coffin and is equivalent to a score

We deserved this loss due to poor game management IMO. Plays like Bostock would've never been an issue if we didn't go conservative when up by 12 with tons of time left. Our conservativity was an insult to The capabilities of Seattle. They were grossly underestimated and 100% deserve this victory and played a valiant game.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah too conservative. Mike McCarthy is no better than Mike Sherman was. This game is MM's version of the 2003 Eagles loss.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one expected the Packers to be here. No one expected them to even compete.

Don't know where this is coming from. We all thought we'd win the SB after the Patriots game. We ended up being the #2 seed, so we expected to be in the NFC-C game. We all knew we were better than Week 1, so we all thought we would compete in the game.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad you mentioned the poor redzone offense. This has been a problem all year, and the Packers haven't been good in the RZ even against bad teams. They are more likely to score form far out than they are from inside the RZ, and I don't know if it's a play calling problem, or an execution problem. Another thing GB does, and this has been a problem pretty much isolated to the MM area, they don't put teams away when they have them reeling. They'll get up on a team, then seemingly, the offense goes to sleep, and the D goes into, hell, I don't even know what you'd call what they do when they get a lead, but whatever it is, they ALWAYS let their opponent right back in the game...rarely does GB get up on a team, then just finish them. This EVENTUALLY comes back to bite teams, and it did just that today....like I said in an earlier post, there's no excuse for this loss....

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last week we went run, run, pass twice in the final drive to end the game.

Difference this week is the line did not get it done to set up a 3rd and 14, which in Seattle, is very unlikely to pick up even throwing.

Plus, our defense at the time was still playing lights out. Up two scores that late with a defense playing great and 40 seconds less on the clock was not a bad situation to be in.

We have used the same gone run, run, pass in every game this year with a late lead to seal it. Nobody complained when the players executed and it worked though.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned the poor redzone offense. This has been a problem all year, and the Packers haven't been good in the RZ even against bad teams. They are more likely to score form far out than they are from inside the RZ, and I don't know if it's a play calling problem, or an execution problem. Another thing GB does, and this has been a problem pretty much isolated to the MM area, they don't put teams away when they have them reeling. They'll get up on a team, then seemingly, the offense goes to sleep, and the D goes into, hell, I don't even know what you'd call what they do when they get a lead, but whatever it is, they ALWAYS let their opponent right back in the game...rarely does GB get up on a team, then just finish them. This EVENTUALLY comes back to bite teams, and it did just that today....like I said in an earlier post, there's no excuse for this loss....

They blew out many teams this year. To say they rarely don't just finish teams is completely incorrect.