Official Seattle thread

Seattlehusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the coaching was that bad. Outside of going for it inside the 1yd line I don't think the play calling in the 2nd half was that bad. The players themselves appeared to let down. They lost the killer instinct that got them to the point of having their foot on Seattle's throat. It's like WWF match where the "bad" guy appears to nearly beat the "good" guy to death then turns his back to gloat. At that point the "good" guy collects himself enough to surprise the "bad" guy and kick the ever loving **** out of him to win.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers got predictable in the second half. Seattle stacked the line and we sent Lacy into it time and time again. One throw to a one-armed DB's side after Sherman got injured? Packers seemed unprepared for the fake field goal and were standing around watching the 2 point conversion drop from the sky. The defense played with aggression in the first half. They played not to lose in the second, especially in the last 5 minutes. Hopefully, Mike learned a big lesson yesterday.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the coaching was that bad. Outside of going for it inside the 1yd line I don't think the play calling in the 2nd half was that bad. The players themselves appeared to let down. They lost the killer instinct that got them to the point of having their foot on Seattle's throat. It's like WWF match where the "bad" guy appears to nearly beat the "good" guy to death then turns his back to gloat. At that point the "good" guy collects himself enough to surprise the "bad" guy and kick the ever loving **** out of him to win.

That's what I hate about the WWF! It's not predictable ! :laugh:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're one of the crazies that thinks one of the yearly best offenses does it with bad plays?

Yeah, he was conservative at the end, but that doesn't make all of his play calling bad.
You're one of the nitwits that thinks rodgers wouldn't command a top 3 offense if he had someone else?

D

Deleted member 6794

Wow going to disagree with this guy if he's going to rep "Seahawks fan" status, you sound like an apologetic dandelion.

Fact of the matter is that the Packers were conservative and got outcoached in a game where they were perfectly primed to be the ones doing the outcoaching.

Yes a lot of "Luck" happened but it happens on both sides of the ball. Two of the picks were receiver drops that "luckily" bounced into the hands of defenders. Point is we can play the 'luck' game all day but 'luck' doesn't explain away the Seahawks believing to a man that they were still in the game even when statistics say they have a less than 1% chance.

Whoever this guy is, take your clowney apologetic nonsense somewhere else. Not even sure Packer fans can appreciate this sort of pandering.

Green Bay lost because the Seahawks never game up while the Packers coaches called a second half game plan that relied on the Seahawks giving up. The Packers had Wilson on his worst day and he still beat them. I'm not here to rub it in or slam your team, they played a great game and I came here to say so but reading this supposed Seahawk's fan's nonsense is irritating.

your team is solid from top to bottom but your coaches need to coach the team to win, not survive. As much as I know he irritates and annoys other fan bases, no way does Carroll make those same decisions if there is any life at all in the opponent. That intercepted pass is being returned as far as the defender can take it, we're not giving up 3 consecutive runs in an obvious run formation and trying to run the clock with that much time left, and we're not playing cover 0 defense in overtime when a pass over the top can end the game.

Just my advice but your coaches need to be held accountable. They blew the game for their players. I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers, dude is a stud giving it his all with a torn muscle. To have those calls made by coaches - he should be pissed. I would be. That guy who blew the onside kick shouldn't be getting any grief because he should have never been in that spot.

Your players played their butts off, and the coaches sold them out.

McCarthy and the coaching staff had a great game plan going into the game and the Packers dominated the Seahawks for 55 minutes. I have no explanation for what happened in the last five minutes of the game but to blame it solely on the coaches doesn´t tell the entire story as a lot of players made mistakes during that period as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy and the coaching staff had a great game plan going into the game and the Packers dominated the Seahawks for 55 minutes. I have no explanation for what happened in the last five minutes of the game but to blame it solely on the coaches doesn´t tell the entire story as a lot of players made mistakes during that period as well.
I personally feel the blame towards Bostick is overblown and the blame towards the coaching staff is under commented on ... this forum seems about right but other places seem to be all about blaming individual players

MLynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exact
Very poetic, but this isn't literature class. Contrary to the legend and mythology of Lombardi's Packers, even he did punt on 4th and 1 and he did kick FGs from from the 1 when it made sense, just like every other NFL coach.

In the first quarter of a game against the #1 seed you have to ask if it is worth a near 100% chance at 3 points to take a 50% gamble on 7 points.

I have a hunch if we had gone for the TD and failed and then lost in regulation by 2 points, you'd be on here criticizing Coach for leaving 3 points on the field, and rightly so.

Exactly
Posted on the 12th Man Facebook page. If we could all be just a little bit more like these kids.

Thank You Seattle from a Packer Fan - 55 (Orlando)
First of all what a great game yesterday. Both teams had their ups and downs and as a Packer fan I must say the end was not what I expected. The reason I am posting today is to let others know of the kindness shared to my 10 year old son by a 12 year old girl from Seattle at the game . My son lost his best friend in the world last week after a short illness. He grew up with Boo from about one year old. Boo was my sons dog, his best friend, the one who played with him, shared most all home meals with him and loved him no matter what. About 3 months ago Boo was just not himself and after a vet visit we all learned his time on earth was very short. Well Boo went to dog heaven last week and my son knew for the first time in his short life the feeling of losing someone you love. I was lost as how to help him heal , and out of no where a dear friend offered us two tickets to the game in Seattle. I got the tickets, bought the plane tickets and called a friend of mine in Seattle to see if we could bunk for the weekend. All was ready so I told my son. He was very excited and for a minute seemed to be doing better. Off we went and boy what a great time we had. Seattle is such a wonderful city and to see our much loved Packers play could it get any better. Sunday arrived and off we went to the game. Great seats, loud, exciting, nothing better then this I thought. We were seated next to a large family of Seattle fans so what joy we were having kidding them as our Packers run off to a lead. My son was sitting right next to a young girl of 12. They talked and seemed to be having a great time. Well we all know that the Packers played a great game but a win was not to be had. After Seattle scored in overtime I noticed the young girl was crying and still sitting in her seat. Her father talked to her and gave her a hug. When we were leaving I asked the father if the girl was crying for joy by the win and to my shock he told me no, she was crying because she wanted the Packers to win because she knew my son had lost his bog and she thought he needed this more then she did. I kept this to myself on the flight home. While my son was having our dinner meal he looked at me and said he was glad that Seattle had won. I was surprised and ask him why. He looked at me and told me the girl sitting next to him had lost her cat to a bog attack only the day before and he wanted her to have something to help her feel better. Football will never be the same to me. So Thank You Seattle for the great game, and Thank You God for putting so mush love for others to these two young people. Wishing Seattle only the very best but know the Pack Will Be Back!!!!!!!!

Wow....No no I'm fine, this always happens when I'm peeling onions. Talk amongst yourselves...:)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say the last 7 minutes, and overtime were a combination of bad coaching and bad playing. Rogers said it best: “When you go back and think about it, at times we weren’t playing as aggressive as we usually are.” That's coaching. Add to that Burnett's lying down, Bostick's misplay, Dix's failure to knock down the 2 point conversion, a couple missed throws by Rogers and you have bad playing. I think Bostick made the right decision, he just muffed the catch. S#$t happens. Dix otherwise had a great game. Rogers played well enough to win. The defense certainly played well enough to win. We had the ball with 7 minutes to go--3 and out. We had the ball with 5:07 to go--3 and out. All we needed were a couple first downs. See Rogers' comment.

We should be going for Championship #14. It's a shame.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is squandering Rodgers greatness with his arrogant, weak game management.
everyone had their hand in this. We got conservative, and with a 2 score lead and how the defense was playing, well we know what "should" have happened. But Rodgers threw a pic in the endzone, he missed Jordy Nelson for a TD, He threw another pick intended for Cobb on a miscommunication. It's not like he didn't have his hand in the "squandering" that happened either. There's plenty of blame to go around on this one.

Sea_Hawker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all....

First off, let me say I haven't had a chance to go through and catch up on all of this so if I'm repeating anything, I apologize.

We watched the game from our vacation spot sitting next to a couple of Packers fans. Wonderful, nice people and were very gracious about what appeared to be a huge win for the Pack. Then the indescribable.

I'm sure there's plenty of breakdown on all of this so I'll keep my thoughts brief. You had us absolutely outplayed for 55 minutes. You came into our house with a great plan and executed well throughout most of the game. I personally don't question the call to kick the field goals in the first half. MAYBE from the 1, going for it might have been ok but the way I see it, so many things had to fall into place for the Seahawks to pull out a miracle it's hard to believe they all did.

With all that said, congrats on playing one hell of a game and a great season. I can't imagine the heartbreak on your end. Thank you so much for the hospitality! I hope our paths cross again.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
everyone had their hand in this. We got conservative, and with a 2 score lead and how the defense was playing, well we know what "should" have happened. But Rodgers threw a pic in the endzone, he missed Jordy Nelson for a TD, He threw another pick intended for Cobb on a miscommunication. It's not like he didn't have his hand in the "squandering" that happened either. There's plenty of blame to go around on this one.
Granted but man, I think Sitton said it best and I'm paraphrasing here: We kicked their *** up and down the field. I'd have rather not even made the playoffs.

Sorry, I'm planting this one squarely in MM's lap.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had time to reflect and calm down. To me, it now seems like we had a good plan to be aggressive and take it to them on offense and defense (coaching). But it's almost as if we had no plan to be up by a 2+ score margin with 5 minutes left to go. We didn't have a plan for sandlot desperation football and that's what beat us (coaching error). When Seattle started drawing up plays in the dirt, we were clueless (coaching). I can accept not being aggressive and risking points in the first half by kicking field goals. Hell, we were giving them smash mouth. But then in the second half we backed off a bit and when we were still in the lead with 5 to go, we failed (coaching). Did we not expect to be ahead? If we did, then what did we think they would do - play conventional football in the last 5 minutes? Line up not to block a field goal, but to defend against a pass. Get your best hands team on for the kickoff and make it clear - no one in front touches the ball. Go up and contest the alley-oop 2 point pass attempt. Sorry, while each player made a gross error in these situations, they were put in these situations by coaching.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally feel the blame towards Bostick is overblown and the blame towards the coaching staff is under commented on ... this forum seems about right but other places seem to be all about blaming individual players
rodgers "said" that in the 4th q offense he and the line can change plays and protections..

So if he is being honest, why didnt he change the plays?

or is he being told to tow the company line

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why is everyone all coaching or all players? They ALL had their hand in it. First things first, nobody is perfect, so if that's your expectation, **** as far as i'm concerned because you live in lala land. I'm sure there are plays called and situations that MM and his staff would like to do over. They weren't perfect, but even with not being perfect, this team was in position to win this game, and they didn't execute. I'm wondering if half of them were even on the field that last 5 minutes. They had this team coached up and ready to go into a place where not many teams have any success, let alone the success we were having against them for 3.5 quarters. The only coach I do feel deserves to go is Slocum. Our special teams have been erratic and a liability for 4-5 years now and they were woefully unprepared for this game.

and onto the players, they aren't perfect either. There were a lot of things that had to go wrong at the end of that game and they all did. Everyone from Rodgers, to Nelson and Burnett, and Dix and Bostick and everyone else left more than a play or two on that field that would have sealed that victory and they didn't. I can't believe are seriously blaming coaching when they had Wilson running for his life on that 2 point and he threw up an absolute prayer that Dix watched get answered. All they had to do was execute. I'm not going to rehash every play, you know the ones that were left unmade.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutted.
We could/should have been 24+ points infront at HT.
We should have collected the onside kick.
We should have stopped their 2pt conversion.

But, you have to admire the Seahawks, going in 0-16 at HT they could well have crumbled, but they took responsibility individually and i think thats what got them over the line.

Oh No Oh No don't you be giving no credit to the Seachickens (or is it Seahags I can' t keep them straight) on this one. They didn't do nothin to win this one. In fact they didn't even win it. We lost it. In fact I think I'm gonna count this one as a win just like the fail Mary game. Yup, we won. In fact, they didn't even have to come out of the locker room at half time we probably would have given the game away anyway

They didn't keep us from scoring 24 points in the first half, we failed to score 24 points in the first half. They had nothing to do with it. They didn't score on a fake field goal we gave them 6 points on the fake field goal. Wilson? Lynch? did they really score those TDs? Nope, we let them score. Did they really recover an onside Kick? Nope we let them recover an onside kick. Did they really score a 2 point conversion? No, we let them score a 2 point conversion, OK on that one maybe we did let them but you get my point.

Everyone is talking shoulda coulda woulda and no one is giving the Seahawks any credit. I know that if all those things, heck if even one of those things, would have gone our way the outcome probably would have been different but the reality is the Seahawks did have a lot to do with the Packers only scoring 16 in the first half. MM decision to go for three no doubt had something to do with the fact that they had stopped us a couple of times already. They had a lot to do with keeping the score within reach so they could take advantage of our mistakes in the end. As many have pointed out it could have been and maybe even should have been a blowout in our favor and despite the bad things that happened against us you can't deny that the Seahawks had players on the field playing against us. Granted their being in a position to beat us had something to do with the way we played but it had a lot to do with the way they played as well.

Obviously my first two paragraphs were tongue in cheek but they are not far off from what I have been reading from some fans. Damn right you have to admire them for not folding in the second half and I think you have to admire them somewhat for the way the performed , the defense anyway, in the first half to hold us to 16 points

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM should have seen the defense collapsing and Bostik dropping an onside kick?

If MM knew we would be up 12 with 5 minutes to go and just have to recover an onside kick to win, he'd take the FG's again.

and so would I and if you were smart so would you.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They blew out many teams this year. To say they rarely don't just finish teams is completely incorrect.

Darn it Carl why do you have to go and spoil everyone's fun. You know complaining and blaming just isn't the same when you let facts get in the way.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers "said" that in the 4th q offense he and the line can change plays and protections..

So if he is being honest, why didnt he change the plays?

or is he being told to tow the company line
I believe him that he does

The personel they gave him was not able to put together a quality pass play if you look at who was on the field. He would of had to make substitutions. Also, towing the company line

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've outplayed this team on their own field 2 out of 3 times and have nothing to show for it. I'm really, really looking forward to kicking their ***es in Lambeau next season. See you then.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Speaking of taking time during the game to gloat, it was brought to my attention that Mathews wasn't even playing for the last 5 or 6 mins of regulation, and didn't come back into the game until OT...does anyone know why he wasn't playing?

Members online

Latest posts