Official Seattle thread

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between Lynch and Baldwin's behavior before the media, the Patriots are actually starting to look likeable. Never thought I'd think that.

Too bad too, because I like Wilson. The rest of the team (Lynch, Sherman, Baldwin, Carrol) is so hard to root for though.

Sky King

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the Packers play. Other games not so much and the pregame shows not at all. It's just football. On SB Sunday I will be doing something other than watching the game. As always, the season officially ends for me when the Packers have played their last down. Since I no longer have a vested interest in who wins or loses, I'm going to do something else that is more fun. It won't take much, really. Watching what could have been would not be any fun for me.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep blaming coaching, that will fix everything. Dix makes an INT or at the very least knocks the duck down, Quarless catches a 1st down, Bostick makes what should have been an easy, uncontested onside recovery and this game is OVER and we're going to AZ. There were 10 0ther plays out there that PLAYERS didn't make. Rodgers having his right ankle buckle and end up missing lacy on a well set up screen play, missing Nelson in the endzone, Burnett not at least running till he had people trying to tackle him. He could have gotten to the edge of scoring position at the very least. Dix having another pic that went right thru his hands earlier in the game. There were plays all over that field to be made and they didn't. Blame coaches all you want, it was the plays left on the field that cost them.

People want to ***** about going for 3 instead of a TD on 4th down. Well, we had lots of plays from short yardage and FAILED. Let's try it again, LOL. Or only up 3-0 with not much momentum gained or lost either way, we go for it, miss and next play Lynch busts off a 40 yarder from the half yard line and beast mode starts early in the first quarter, yeah, that's what we wanted.

Those FG's did exactly what we needed them too. Seattle is a team that plays off momentum. You could tell they were feeling pressure, even at 6-0. GB kept going on drives and getting points. They had no answer other than when GB stopped themselves. Seattle started pressing on offense to make something happen. That Dix INT was a direct result of that. I knew they were going to go deep and try to get something started before this game got away from them and so did Capers and have the perfect defense called that was executed to perfection. Wilson was pressing, they got away from the read option and the running game and we were rolling.

Then we watched the clock and got beat. Not by coaching, but by plays

The point is McCarthy slows down when he has a lead. It's as if he is afraid to make a mistake. I certainly agree he got them to a 16 point lead, but keep it going. Yes, many mistakes, most after half time when they slowed down and did not maintain their aggressiveness. McCarthy is very predictable in those situations. Run the ball twice and then on third and long throw, when everyone knows what is happening.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys think it is possible that the conservative coaching could be a result of McCarthy trying to protect aaron rodgers? I mean McCarthy's coaching style in general, not just vyesterday. could it be to protect our star player from mistakes or criticism something? When the team gets ahead, he takes pressure off of him. I don't know if this makes any sense, just a random thought I had.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is McCarthy slows down when he has a lead. It's as if he is afraid to make a mistake. I certainly agree he got them to a 16 point lead, but keep it going. Yes, many mistakes, most after half time when they slowed down and did not maintain their aggressiveness. McCarthy is very predictable in those situations. Run the ball twice and then on third and long throw, when everyone knows what is happening.
so he stays aggressive, keeps his foot on the gas and Cobb curls in, Rodgers throws it as if he's going to continue out and it's a pick 6. Great call right?

This defense is as opportunistic as they come. The exact scenario happened yesterday minus the return for a TD, but it wasn't too far away from happening. Or he hits Nelson on a slant down on their end of the field, and instead of a completion, it deflects off his hands, like we've seen happen other times and against this very team, and it's a game changing INT again.

Complain about coaching all you want, in the last 5 minutes they basically needed to make one single play that was left out there and we're making super bowl plans, they didn't. You can second guess coaching all day long, but they took a good team into a very hostile environment to the defending champs that a lot of people crowned already 3 weeks ago and beat them soundly for 56 minutes. Why they couldn't finish the last 4 or at least make 1 more play, I don't know. I tend to blame the guys on the field.

MLynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'm a Seahawks fan...yes I know that win was **** luck. Yes I know the Packers are nothing but class from front office to fanbase. I see many posts about the coaching staff, but I believe McCarthy did exactly what he should have - get the lead and make Seattle's offence beat you, not their defence. The defence had just stuffed them twice from the 1 ft line and people are screaming about not going for 7?. Get points when you can is key to beating Seattle. Up 19-7 with possession after an INT with 5 mins left is where they were a little conservative. Two first downs, the game is done. 29 of 30 NFL coaches would have done the exact same thing as McC during that entire game. Don't let Seattles defence be in a position to win the game - I bet that was said 100's of times thru the week.

And I'm sorry, but flipping a coin to see who gets first possession is so stupid. Each team needs to get the ball regardless how or what you score. There is a massive advantage to winning that flip and it's always been stupid. They changed it a little, but still needs to be changed more.

That lose will build a ton of character, and there is not much that has to be modified to win the NFC. Hold your heads high. That team needs its fans right now. Think how bad you feel and multiply that by a 1000 is how the players feel.

It could have been worse - you could have won the flip and your QB could have yelled "we want the ball and we are going to score" on national TV.

MLynch

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so he stays aggressive, keeps his foot on the gas and Cobb curls in, Rodgers throws it as if he's going to continue out and it's a pick 6. Great call right?

This defense is as opportunistic as they come. The exact scenario happened yesterday minus the return for a TD, but it wasn't too far away from happening. Or he hits Nelson on a slant down on their end of the field, and instead of a completion, it deflects off his hands, like we've seen happen other times and against this very team, and it's a game changing INT again.

Complain about coaching all you want, in the last 5 minutes they basically needed to make one single play that was left out there and we're making super bowl plans, they didn't. You can second guess coaching all day long, but they took a good team into a very hostile environment to the defending champs that a lot of people crowned already 3 weeks ago and beat them soundly for 56 minutes. Why they couldn't finish the last 4 or at least make 1 more play, I don't know. I tend to blame the guys on the field.

Again, the botched onside kick. Do you not think that coaching plays into this. Do not be out of position, do what the coach "I hope" told you to do. The slide down on the interception. I think it all comes down to coaching. Maybe I am all full of hot air but I have played certainly not at the pro level but organized baseball, and football. coached in Pop Warner. Teach your players not to make the dumb mistakes. These are adults coach them also.

MLynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the botched onside kick. Do you not think that coaching plays into this. Do not be out of position, do what the coach "I hope" told you to do. The slide down on the interception. I think it all comes down to coaching. Maybe I am all full of hot air but I have played certainly not at the pro level but organized baseball, and football. coached in Pop Warner. Teach your players not to make the dumb mistakes. These are adults coach them also.
The coaches can't play...they can only coach. Then it's up to the players to execute. Thanksgiving Day game 1993 in the snow, do you feel it was the coaches fault that Leon Lett tried to pickup the football? I do not - and yesterday was the same. As a coach you can prepare, motivate, instruct, and disipline players. It's up to them to execute.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys think it is possible that the conservative coaching could be a result of McCarthy trying to protect aaron rodgers? I mean McCarthy's coaching style in general, not just vyesterday. could it be to protect our star player from mistakes or criticism something? When the team gets ahead, he takes pressure off of him. I don't know if this makes any sense, just a random thought I had.

No- I don't think that is the case. You can't really slow down or get conservative in a game to protect a star player even if it is your qb. This actually can put him in a more tenuous situation such as a third and long where a good pass rushing team will try to sack him or rush his throw. It is a good thought though. I just think that MM doesn't realize what he is doing in certain situations. I still think you need to be aggressive to win.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaches can't play...they can only coach. Then it's up to the players to execute. Thanksgiving Day game 1993 in the snow, do you feel it was the coaches fault that Leon Lett tried to pickup the football? I do not - and yesterday was the same. As a coach you can prepare, motivate, instruct, and disipline players. It's up to them to execute.

To all of you out there, this has been a good year as is. I am sorry the Pack did not make it. I value all your opinions and analysis. I hope we can come back next year and have a better season ending. Hopefully it will be the other team that makes the mistakes and we can take advantage of them. I DO believe the team certainly has the core of the right players to make the run. I do not blame it all on MM but he could do a better job, I guess as we all could.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no game planning against the freak plays, but the Packers settled for 2 FGs when they had the ball inside the SEA 5 both times, and had several opportunities to get inside FG range that would've put this game out of reach even with the freak plays...I don't think the play calling is aggressive enough inside the red zone...

And what guarantee do you have that we would have scored touchdowns on those plays?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No guarantees that they otherwise score, just the guarantee that they didn't. Sure, we've seen them go for it and miss before, but it'd be fun to see this team really load up and put it to the other (quality) guys sometimes.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what guarantee do you have that we would have scored touchdowns on those plays?

Well there is never a guarantee we are going to score a touchdown. If there was the game would not be played. You are out there pitting your talent and the talent of your team against another. You believe that you are better, without that belief, why play. If you go out there saying to yourself, "I think I will only kick field goals when I get the chance because there is no guarantee I am going to score a touchdown", then you will not be playing on my team. If you don't believe in yourself than quit.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I'm a Seahawks fan...yes I know that win was **** luck. Yes I know the Packers are nothing but class from front office to fanbase. I see many posts about the coaching staff, but I believe McCarthy did exactly what he should have - get the lead and make Seattle's offence beat you, not their defence. The defence had just stuffed them twice from the 1 ft line and people are screaming about not going for 7?. Get points when you can is key to beating Seattle. Up 19-7 with possession after an INT with 5 mins left is where they were a little conservative. Two first downs, the game is done. 29 of 30 NFL coaches would have done the exact same thing as McC during that entire game. Don't let Seattles defence be in a position to win the game - I bet that was said 100's of times thru the week.

And I'm sorry, but flipping a coin to see who gets first possession is so stupid. Each team needs to get the ball regardless how or what you score. There is a massive advantage to winning that flip and it's always been stupid. They changed it a little, but still needs to be changed more.

That lose will build a ton of character, and there is not much that has to be modified to win the NFC. Hold your heads high. That team needs its fans right now. Think how bad you feel and multiply that by a 1000 is how the players feel.

It could have been worse - you could have won the flip and your QB could have yelled "we want the ball and we are going to score" on national TV.

MLynch

Wow going to disagree with this guy if he's going to rep "Seahawks fan" status, you sound like an apologetic dandelion.

Fact of the matter is that the Packers were conservative and got outcoached in a game where they were perfectly primed to be the ones doing the outcoaching.

Yes a lot of "Luck" happened but it happens on both sides of the ball. Two of the picks were receiver drops that "luckily" bounced into the hands of defenders. Point is we can play the 'luck' game all day but 'luck' doesn't explain away the Seahawks believing to a man that they were still in the game even when statistics say they have a less than 1% chance.

Whoever this guy is, take your clowney apologetic nonsense somewhere else. Not even sure Packer fans can appreciate this sort of pandering.

Green Bay lost because the Seahawks never game up while the Packers coaches called a second half game plan that relied on the Seahawks giving up. The Packers had Wilson on his worst day and he still beat them. I'm not here to rub it in or slam your team, they played a great game and I came here to say so but reading this supposed Seahawk's fan's nonsense is irritating.

your team is solid from top to bottom but your coaches need to coach the team to win, not survive. As much as I know he irritates and annoys other fan bases, no way does Carroll make those same decisions if there is any life at all in the opponent. That intercepted pass is being returned as far as the defender can take it, we're not giving up 3 consecutive runs in an obvious run formation and trying to run the clock with that much time left, and we're not playing cover 0 defense in overtime when a pass over the top can end the game.

Just my advice but your coaches need to be held accountable. They blew the game for their players. I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers, dude is a stud giving it his all with a torn muscle. To have those calls made by coaches - he should be pissed. I would be. That guy who blew the onside kick shouldn't be getting any grief because he should have never been in that spot.

Your players played their butts off, and the coaches sold them out.

hawknballs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just calling it like I see it. I'm not trying to brag or go the other way and pander. I realize an opposing fan's perspective is never going to come across the way it's meant too after a game like that. But I said it while it was happening - "I can't believe these coaches are going to let us back in this game.". I like McCarthy as he seems to be a real down to earth decent dude perfect for a team like the Packers who are the best sports personification of every day fans, but someone on that staff needs to bring some killer instinct and relentlessness to compliment him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course MM had nothing to due with getting to that game and getting the lead in the first place...
Of course some fans refuse to accept talent that Tt puts on the field has covered up what is some of the worst play calling in the nfl

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there is never a guarantee we are going to score a touchdown. If there was the game would not be played. You are out there pitting your talent and the talent of your team against another. You believe that you are better, without that belief, why play. If you go out there saying to yourself, "I think I will only kick field goals when I get the chance because there is no guarantee I am going to score a touchdown", then you will not be playing on my team. If you don't believe in yourself than quit.
Very poetic, but this isn't literature class. Contrary to the legend and mythology of Lombardi's Packers, even he did punt on 4th and 1 and he did kick FGs from the 1 when it made sense, just like every other NFL coach.

In the first quarter of a game against the #1 seed you have to ask if it is worth a near 100% chance at 3 points to take a 50% gamble on 7 points.

I have a hunch if we had gone for the TD and failed and then lost in regulation by 2 points, you'd be on here criticizing Coach for leaving 3 points on the field, and rightly so.

Last edited:

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted on the 12th Man Facebook page. If we could all be just a little bit more like these kids.

Thank You Seattle from a Packer Fan - 55 (Orlando)
First of all what a great game yesterday. Both teams had their ups and downs and as a Packer fan I must say the end was not what I expected. The reason I am posting today is to let others know of the kindness shared to my 10 year old son by a 12 year old girl from Seattle at the game . My son lost his best friend in the world last week after a short illness. He grew up with Boo from about one year old. Boo was my sons dog, his best friend, the one who played with him, shared most all home meals with him and loved him no matter what. About 3 months ago Boo was just not himself and after a vet visit we all learned his time on earth was very short. Well Boo went to dog heaven last week and my son knew for the first time in his short life the feeling of losing someone you love. I was lost as how to help him heal , and out of no where a dear friend offered us two tickets to the game in Seattle. I got the tickets, bought the plane tickets and called a friend of mine in Seattle to see if we could bunk for the weekend. All was ready so I told my son. He was very excited and for a minute seemed to be doing better. Off we went and boy what a great time we had. Seattle is such a wonderful city and to see our much loved Packers play could it get any better. Sunday arrived and off we went to the game. Great seats, loud, exciting, nothing better then this I thought. We were seated next to a large family of Seattle fans so what joy we were having kidding them as our Packers run off to a lead. My son was sitting right next to a young girl of 12. They talked and seemed to be having a great time. Well we all know that the Packers played a great game but a win was not to be had. After Seattle scored in overtime I noticed the young girl was crying and still sitting in her seat. Her father talked to her and gave her a hug. When we were leaving I asked the father if the girl was crying for joy by the win and to my shock he told me no, she was crying because she wanted the Packers to win because she knew my son had lost his bog and she thought he needed this more then she did. I kept this to myself on the flight home. While my son was having our dinner meal he looked at me and said he was glad that Seattle had won. I was surprised and ask him why. He looked at me and told me the girl sitting next to him had lost her cat to a bog attack only the day before and he wanted her to have something to help her feel better. Football will never be the same to me. So Thank You Seattle for the great game, and Thank You God for putting so mush love for others to these two young people. Wishing Seattle only the very best but know the Pack Will Be Back!!!!!!!!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't like the college system all that much, but it's a far cry better than the NFL.

Teams are allowed a possession to match a FG, but not a TD. What sense does that make? The NFL chose a half-measure when they should have gone all the way.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have really ever coached, you know players aren't robots. You can't program them. They make mistakes whether you tell them to or not. In Bostick's case, it was a judgment call. The general rule with onside kicks is for the linemen to block, but if the ball is coming right to them, then they can make a play on it if they are certain they can make the play. He simply chose wrong. Your claim that he was never coached on what to do is just asinine.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow going to disagree with this guy if he's going to rep "Seahawks fan" status, you sound like an apologetic dandelion.

Fact of the matter is that the Packers were conservative and got outcoached in a game where they were perfectly primed to be the ones doing the outcoaching.

Yes a lot of "Luck" happened but it happens on both sides of the ball. Two of the picks were receiver drops that "luckily" bounced into the hands of defenders. Point is we can play the 'luck' game all day but 'luck' doesn't explain away the Seahawks believing to a man that they were still in the game even when statistics say they have a less than 1% chance.

Whoever this guy is, take your clowney apologetic nonsense somewhere else. Not even sure Packer fans can appreciate this sort of pandering.

Green Bay lost because the Seahawks never game up while the Packers coaches called a second half game plan that relied on the Seahawks giving up. The Packers had Wilson on his worst day and he still beat them. I'm not here to rub it in or slam your team, they played a great game and I came here to say so but reading this supposed Seahawk's fan's nonsense is irritating.

your team is solid from top to bottom but your coaches need to coach the team to win, not survive. As much as I know he irritates and annoys other fan bases, no way does Carroll make those same decisions if there is any life at all in the opponent. That intercepted pass is being returned as far as the defender can take it, we're not giving up 3 consecutive runs in an obvious run formation and trying to run the clock with that much time left, and we're not playing cover 0 defense in overtime when a pass over the top can end the game.

Just my advice but your coaches need to be held accountable. They blew the game for their players. I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers, dude is a stud giving it his all with a torn muscle. To have those calls made by coaches - he should be pissed. I would be. That guy who blew the onside kick shouldn't be getting any grief because he should have never been in that spot.

I think that ferreting out the supposed Hawks fans is the responsible thing to do. FAKE Seahawk Fans OOOORRRrr... people that just get on other teams MB's to throw in the red herrings are the worst!

It's like a Trojan Horse! A Dog in the Manger! Jehovah's Witnesses!

Don't Sugar Coat It! Pandering sounds like something Chi Mo's do.

These people need to be taken out back and horsewhipped to within an inch of their worthless lives.

And Now that we are on the subject...what's up with Russell Wilson and Jermaine Kearse CRYING in front of the TV cameras????

Shouldn't they be happy? There is a good spot to start an investigation.

And WTF is up with Bennett stealing a police bicycle and riding it around the stadium after the game?

This whole game just STINKS with unanswered question.

Oh ya... fake fans on other peeps MBs?

Who's got that much time on their hands?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course some fans refuse to accept talent that Tt puts on the field has covered up what is some of the worst play calling in the nfl

You're one of the crazies that thinks one of the yearly best offenses does it with bad plays?

Yeah, he was conservative at the end, but that doesn't make all of his play calling bad.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How is dropping an onside kick, watching the ball sail over your head on the conversion, and dropping a 3rd and 4 pass on the coaches?

Who else should be on the hands team on an onside kick over a TE, a defensive lineman?

Yes, the coaches got conservative, but that does not give the players an excuse for the mistakes they made.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts