Official Seattle thread

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They blew out many teams this year. To say they rarely don't just finish teams is completely incorrect.

They also left a lot of teams in games that should've been blowouts....they don't finish well...

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official now. MM just doesn't know how to beat Seattle. Third straight loss (even the 2012 game is a legit loss - when you only score 12 points, you deserve to lose). Next year will be the 4th straight loss to Seattle, as well as the 5th straight loss to SF.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So still winning those games doesn't count as a good finish?
Give it up Carl, the doomers are happy today, they got the satisfaction of saying "I told you so"....if we would have won, they would have started with the "yeah, but (insert reason we won't win the SB here)" or if we would have won the SB, it would have been "we will have a 'target' on our backs all year next year". It's never ending. I am really down with this loss, and the team did have issues with closing, but I am not going to stoop to the level of "this team sucks", McCarthy sucks as a coach, fire them all" approach. We had a good year, yes, it could have been better...but time to dust ourselves off and approach a new season. There were 28 other teams that would have loved to have been in the position that we were in.

BuckNaked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have been a great SB with GB and NE. Now, I have to pick the team I hate less. I may not even watch.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official now. MM just doesn't know how to beat Seattle. Third straight loss (even the 2012 game is a legit loss - when you only score 12 points, you deserve to lose). Next year will be the 4th straight loss to Seattle, as well as the 5th straight loss to SF.

As I recall Don Driver missed a td catch in the end zone that would have made "Fail Mary" moot. So there is something recurrent about the Packers missing scoring chances that sets them up for a Seahawks loss.

However these 3 games were at Seattle. Two of the Niners losses were out there. Recently those teams have been on an ascendant arc and have posed match-up problems, especially with their defenses, against the Packers. Like Dallas did against the Holmgren teams in the '90's.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't get it Cowboys beat Seahawks, Packers beat Cowboys and Seahawks beat Packers.

What one team does against another at another time, and maybe at another place, means nothing when it comes to other games at other times and places or the situation even with the same teams.

Rocket Hawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all thank you all for the time on your forum this week. I hope to come back next time we play and spend more time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a beer for any of the posters on this forum.

Second, GB had the scheme to beat SEA today. GB shut down RW3 and made him look like dried seagull crap on a car hood, for 55 mins. I have never really thought much of Capers, but damn he had a great scheme. Plus the SEA receivers were bad to boot. GB used their talent to the MAX and was better today overall. I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out how I would congratulate y'all on the win (not counting the time I spent drinking whiskey to numb the pain of the horrible game).

3rd - damn what a game. Congrats on your season, respect for all your squad accomplished.

Finally salute to the SEA defense. Giving up 22 points on 5 turnovers is pretty good, MM helped with the field goal from the 1/2 yard line.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all thank you all for the time on your forum this week. I hope to come back next time we play and spend more time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a beer for any of the posters on this forum.

Second, GB had the scheme to beat SEA today. GB shut down RW3 and made him look like dried seagull crap on a car hood, for 55 mins. I have never really thought much of Capers, but damn he had a great scheme. Plus the SEA receivers were bad to boot. GB used their talent to the MAX and was better today overall. I spent most of the afternoon trying to figure out how I would congratulate y'all on the win (not counting the time I spent drinking whiskey to numb the pain of the horrible game).

3rd - damn what a game. Congrats on your season, respect for all your squad accomplished.

Finally salute to the SEA defense. Giving up 22 points on 5 turnovers is pretty good, MM helped with the field goal from the 1/2 yard line.

Good luck to you in Super Bowl.

Packers left too many points on the field with from turnovers and the red zone opportunities. Seattle got in the red zone and put up TDs.

gdeloian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can someone please help me understand WHY he slid down after intercepting the ball with over four minutes left on the clock???? I dont get it. He could have put us in field goal range. Instead he slid down after intercepting, we went three and out, punted, and the rest is history. Why????? help me understand.

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't get it Cowboys beat Seahawks, Packers beat Cowboys and Seahawks beat Packers.

That was at the beginning of the season though, when the Seahawks didn't look like themselves. They went 3-3 in their first 6 games, even losing to the Rams.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give it up Carl, the doomers are happy today, they got the satisfaction of saying "I told you so"....if we would have won, they would have started with the "yeah, but (insert reason we won't win the SB here)" or if we would have won the SB, it would have been "we will have a 'target' on our backs all year next year". It's never ending. I am really down with this loss, and the team did have issues with closing, but I am not going to stoop to the level of "this team sucks", McCarthy sucks as a coach, fire them all" approach. We had a good year, yes, it could have been better...but time to dust ourselves off and approach a new season. There were 28 other teams that would have loved to have been in the position that we were in.

There hasn't been one person saying this team sucks, or even that anyone should be replaced....what is being discussed are the obvious problems with the team that seem to be an ongoing issue and will continue to plaque the team unless these things are addressed...if this teams continues to "coast" when they get leads, it will keep biting them in the a**...same goes for not being able to score TDs when they get inside the red zone...

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There hasn't been one person saying this team sucks, or even that anyone should be replaced....what is being discussed are the obvious problems with the team that seem to be an ongoing issue and will continue to plaque the team unless these things are addressed...if this teams continues to "coast" when they get leads, it will keep biting them in the a**...same goes for not being able to score TDs when they get inside the red zone...
Look, I get your frustration, but all you had to do is read the shoutbox today. Hell, it didn't matter what we did, some of the people just stayed in that "doom and gloom mode". There is not much positive that you can take away from a loss, especially one that got away from us like this one did. But we did make it to the championship game, and a lot of people said we wouldn't. 80 percent of the pundits said that we wouldn't be competitive. I know of 5 or 6 that said this would be a easy win for the Seahawks. I don't know what game most people watched, but I don't recall Seattle having an "easy" time with us. I guarantee you, a lot of their fans (most of which were obnoxious, arrogant jerks) were sweating their ***** off through most of the game, and a lot of them even left early thinking they were going to lose. Now, we have to wait another 3 months till the draft and then another 4 months until pre-season, and it will seem like a lifetime, but hopefully we get to the big dance next year.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when you accept that type of approach and then it comes back around to bite you in th a** like it did today...
Okay, enlighten us. What, EXACTLY, would you have done different? More high risk/reward plays and likely give Seattle even MORE time? The Packers didn't play too conservatively to win. Give me the same situation with at the 3:00 mark of this game and the Packers are going to win 95% of the time. What happened today was a bizarre string of occurences that defied all odds and logic. They needed: missed INT by Haha, desperation throw on 2pt conversion where Haha just stands there, successful onside kick, and a coin toss win. If any one of those things don't happen, they in all likelihood lose.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, enlighten us. What, EXACTLY, would you have done different? More high risk/reward plays and likely give Seattle even MORE time? The Packers didn't play too conservatively to win. Give me the same situation with at the 3:00 mark of this game and the Packers are going to win 95% of the time. What happened today was a bizarre string of occurences that defied all odds and logic. They needed: missed INT by Haha, desperation throw on 2pt conversion where Haha just stands there, successful onside kick, and a coin toss win. If any one of those things don't happen, they in all likelihood lose.

There's no game planning against the freak plays, but the Packers settled for 2 FGs when they had the ball inside the SEA 5 both times, and had several opportunities to get inside FG range that would've put this game out of reach even with the freak plays...I don't think the play calling is aggressive enough inside the red zone...

gdeloian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone please explain the slide after the INT. to me, thats when we gave this game away.

Members online

Latest posts